Beckham holds the key!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:53 pm

I have to agree here, Beckham has consistently been our best player in recent weeks. Closely followed by Crouch. Good tactical switch by Sven, I was expecting Beckham to come off to allow Lennon to roam free down the right with defensive cover behind him but moving Beckham to RB allowed to to make measured crosses from deep which ultimately resulted in the goal, his exceptional workrate allowed for him to cover his defensive duties as well.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:31 am

Think when we start getting too critical we tend to forget there's another team on the field besides England. A team giving it all for their country in the World's greatest football tournament. We've done what we had to do against decent opposition and made the next round. Gerrard has been right off to now, but he improved tonight and his goal was class. As for Beckham, he's playing a good captain's role and working tirelessly and crossing some great balls. Crouch has been a revelation for his commitment and although he missed a couple of half chances his goal too was excellent.

John Terry was immense at the back and the defence in general did well against a side who were well up for it. Michael Own is still off the pace but Rooney looked lively and got stuck in to give Sven another option. Lennon too did well enough and with young Walcott in reserve we don't look in bad shape. Gary Neville wasn't missed at all (no surprise). Gerrard will get back on track and the Sweden game should be a scorcher. Let's get behind the lads and stop knocking them.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?