Best laid plans....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:31 am

Little Green Man wrote:Ever thought of going on the stage, Gertie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5339380.stm
Thats a bit below the belt LGM. :oops:
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Re: Best laid plans....

Post by knobpolisher » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:12 am

Gertie wrote:I guess most boys dream of being football players – but has anyone, apart from Nicky Hunt, ended up living their dream??

Objection !!
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:39 am

white blood wrote:I always wanted to be in the A-Team, but that didnt happen.

might seem strange to some but i have always been a desk jocky, so I fancy being a long distance Lorry driver, sitting back, listenening to the radio for hours on end, dining at little chefs, and seeing lots of new places. also i have a mate who did it for a bit and he said there are loads of occasions where they are invited to partake in dogging or asked to shag a blokes missus while he watched, or even the odd randy singleton simply after a bit of cock!! some even pay! not that id be interested in any of that palava, besides sometimes they cosh you while your on the job and rob you blind - If not an artic driver then a delivery van driver or a courier, always on the move, meeting new people, and seeing new places all the time.
Get a site based job in construction - has much the same effect ('cept the dogging bit). The novelty wears off beleive me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:47 am

As well as writing I can draw and paint a little, can play "House of the rising Sun" on my guitar- although I get many requests not to sing it- and my play-and-sing version of "Froggy went a courting" is legendary amongst kids and grandkids.
Won a few dance comps in my younger days and, to the best of my knowlege, am Farnworth's only flamenco dancer ever.
Once rode a bike around a bar in aLiverpool pub (long story) and right now I'm thoroughly enjoying not doing much. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:38 am

I played non-league footie in Spain as a keeper. But instead of trying to progress into the league teams in town I switched to Sunday leagues. Training 3 days a week was a bit hard when you were entering university and all that.

But I've been able to make my life by writing, well at least the past two years. I hope I can keep it up (currently unemployed). Apart from that I'm slightly boring man, except when I'm drunk, which fortunately happens often enough.

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:57 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:Ever thought of going on the stage, Gertie?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/5339380.stm
Thats a bit below the belt LGM. :oops:
Having not seen Lord of the Rings, I'm guessing that hobbits aren't very good???

I guess that LGM is getting me back for all the times I've likened him to a Mark Owen CD Green Man.

:evil:

Either that or he's not fan of hairy feet sorted???? :oops:

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Once rode a bike around a bar in aLiverpool pub (long story) and right now I'm thoroughly enjoying not doing much. :mrgreen:
Which pub, out of interest?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:05 pm

Gertie wrote: Having not seen Lord of the Rings, I'm guessing that hobbits aren't very good???

I
Either that or he's not fan of hairy feet sorted???? :oops:
Hobbits are very good, Gertie, but they are also very short and have hairy feet.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:27 pm

blurred wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Once rode a bike around a bar in aLiverpool pub (long story) and right now I'm thoroughly enjoying not doing much. :mrgreen:
Which pub, out of interest?
The Glendower in Bootle. Back of Brasenose Road. Dockers hangout run (at that time, and it's a good few years ago) by a guy called Pat. He and his wife (The Snarler, although she was quite attractive) used to have regular ding-dong rows in the bar because he was always pissed . Best entertainment around. It's always hilarious seeing someone pissed and trying to pretend they are sober. Pat was a legend. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:44 pm

keveh wrote:
JAM wrote:I'm now a special needs teacher (kids with special needs not me).
:lol:

Ever since i've been on the internet I've wanted to be a web developer, and now I am!

I'm happy I got the job I wanted, but it would be awesome to get out the office like Gertie said. There are just some times where I get sick of computers.

REPENT!

I always liked travel, so working in travel is cool by me, I work for www.airline-network.co.uk, and get to swan around the world inspecting hotels from time to time - though the call centre bit can get a bit shitty.