The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:52 pm

boltonboris wrote:Getting to grips with LA Noire and FIFA 12 at the minute, then I have Uncharted 3 and Skyrim to look forward to..

Bye bye wife / life
restarted LA Noire the other night on different XBox...Now not sure of its repeatability.

Skyrim, been on today. It's immense.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:40 am

i hated LA Noire, but a mateomine keeps bleating on about the merits of Skyrim, and more so Dark Souls... not sure i fancy either, they just look a bit gay... ie, world of warcraft-ish?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:09 am

General Mannerheim wrote:i hated LA Noire, but a mateomine keeps bleating on about the merits of Skyrim, and more so Dark Souls... not sure i fancy either, they just look a bit gay... ie, world of warcraft-ish?
From the games I think you've said you like - FPS's etc. you might not like Skyrim. It's very WoW-ish sort of, D&D certainly. But a huge game. Dark Souls stayed in my console about 30 mins...

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:00 am

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Played Battlefield 3 online for the first time at the weekend.

blew up a tank.......one of ours
:lol: Bet that made you popular
Don't think they minded that as much as a few moments later when I crashed our troop carrying helicopter kiling three of our guys and myself...

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:07 am

found Red Dead Redemption for 12 quid in Game the other day. One of those I've been meaning to get around to. Beltin.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:10 am

The missus has been playing that little big planet game.. It actually looks like fun. Might have a pop on it
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:21 am

Verbal wrote:found Red Dead Redemption for 12 quid in Game the other day. One of those I've been meaning to get around to. Beltin.
I think RDR is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. I pulled a right face when I first heard about it too; it sounds so lame on paper; riding around the old west on a horse, gun fighting and horse breaking and stuff, yet somehow is a pure joy to play. Good bargain for 12 quid too.
Businesswoman of the year.

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:09 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Verbal wrote:found Red Dead Redemption for 12 quid in Game the other day. One of those I've been meaning to get around to. Beltin.
I think RDR is one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. I pulled a right face when I first heard about it too; it sounds so lame on paper; riding around the old west on a horse, gun fighting and horse breaking and stuff, yet somehow is a pure joy to play. Good bargain for 12 quid too.
What's it like? If it's like Assassin's Creed in the wild west without blinding white screens it sounds good.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:36 pm

Armchair Wanderer wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:
What's it like? If it's like Assassin's Creed in the wild west without blinding white screens it sounds good.
:mrgreen:
That's exactly what it's like, yeah.
But with a greater emphasis on train robbery, Mexicans and whore houses. And no stealth. Or actual assassins.
Businesswoman of the year.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:42 pm

yeah, now your talkin! thats more up my street! not played the zombie version yet tho. you've just reminded me!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:46 pm

more like GTA in the wild west than Ass Creed id say - tying wenches to train tracks and dragging bandits about by rope from your horse! even just galloping around the outback is fun in that game. Adn when you do a little massacre ala GTA, you get bounty hunters on your case as well as the law! its quality!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:54 pm

Actually sounds good, that! I like mindless violence. Think i'll have a look around for that one

Armchair Wanderer
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Armchair Wanderer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:14 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:more like GTA in the wild west than Ass Creed id say - tying wenches to train tracks and dragging bandits about by rope from your horse! even just galloping around the outback is fun in that game. Adn when you do a little massacre ala GTA, you get bounty hunters on your case as well as the law! its quality!
I was never into GTA. Tiny man going round a city and diving into tiny cars. I think it might have got better with bigger people in later games!?

Might be worth a go, just seen it's 12.99 for PS3 on amazon.
The players you fail to sign never lose you any money.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:22 pm

correct, more GTA IV than Ass Creed.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:25 pm

The 'newer' GTA games are absolutely immense

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:49 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Played Battlefield 3 online for the first time at the weekend.

Don't think they minded that as much as a few moments later when I crashed our troop carrying helicopter kiling three of our guys and myself...
Even better! Sounds about my standard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Even better! Sounds about my standard.
It does seem an immense online game.

But I was having a browse through some of the player stats in the top 5000 on the leaderboard, and some of them have played what must be an average of 4 hours a day since the release date....

Which is made, I do well to play 4 hours every fortnight....

Seems to be a game that takes a lot of time and effort as well, to get past what seems like a very steep online learning curve.

Most games online when I die, I at least see who is shooting at me and get some shots away myself (unless getting shot in the back.) On this I rarely have a clue who is shooting at me, where they are or in general where to hide....

Does seem very war like....apart from the exodus of COD players from MW3 (which is terrible IMO) into the game, trying to play it exactly as if it was COD, run, jump, gun, doesn't work well against a tank!!!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:25 pm

The wife was complaining about the sound of the xbox and that if it wasn't for all the shooting and dyeing noises I could play more.

So I got these for Christmas:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbo ... e-x12.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are amazing, even when the wife is out I use them. I know it's usually spiel from manufacturers, but it really does immerse you in to the game. I play MW3 online ten times better with these babies!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 pm

keveh wrote:The wife was complaining about the sound of the xbox and that if it wasn't for all the shooting and dyeing noises I could play more.

So I got these for Christmas:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/xbo ... e-x12.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They are amazing, even when the wife is out I use them. I know it's usually spiel from manufacturers, but it really does immerse you in to the game. I play MW3 online ten times better with these babies!
yeah i have some Sennheiser RS170 Wireless jobbies, bought originally so i could play xbox (or watch tv as loud as i like) after she had gone to bed. now i dont play without them. no mic but dont often need one, if i do i just wear the original headset round my neck. quality.

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:24 am

Completely bored by games at the moment I've decided to go back into the old school world of survival horror. Bought Silent Hill 4, Fear 1-3 and Fatal Frame, Project Zero 2. Sold Skyrim already just found it boring, although the world is fantastic, been thinking about picking up Dark Souls but not sure...