Middle East Crisis

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Middle East Crisis

Post by thebish » Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:54 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:you'd think she could afford shoes that fit, wouldn't you?
any fule kno - the idea that shoes might actually fit are rarely the top lady-consideration for buying shoes...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:you'd think she could afford shoes that fit, wouldn't you?
any fule kno - the idea that shoes might actually fit are rarely the top lady-consideration for buying shoes...
I didn't know that :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:44 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
I didn't know that :D
Then, luckily, you are not any fool.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 03, 2016 7:38 am

Lord Kangana wrote:So, just to be clear here:

Putin bombs ISIS ("so called unfriendly's"?) with 30% of his capabilities - Gold tick and a star, well done!

Putin bombs "so called friendly's" with 70% of his capabilities- Gold tick and a star, well done again!

"So called friendly's" (and who calls them friends eh? The plot thickens..) get the shit kicked out of them in a ratio of 2:1 of the force used against ISIS by the Russians and Assad - boo, hiss, the bastards!

It's a strange, strange world you inhabit at times Hobes.
Strange world?
To some degree it is merely some are just less 'nasty' than other groups.
The point is Hammond accusing Russia of doing little about the Islamic state mob when the reality is they are doing far more then Western forces put together, it makes you wonder why the West seem to be happy allowing them to continue to exist, the hope of an Assad overthrow perhaps?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:21 am

Yes, that makes perfect sense. Apart from the first bit, where they are doing more harm by attacking Assad's enemies, which unfortunately includes the enemies of ISIS exactly where are you getting the idea(apart from say The Daily Mail) that ISIS isn't being fought in the region?. And the second bit, which seems an absolute fantasy, when you consider that the Russians are bombing Assad's main enemy.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:22 am

Lord Kangana wrote:Yes, that makes perfect sense. Apart from the first bit, where they are doing more harm by attacking Assad's enemies, which unfortunately includes the enemies of ISIS exactly where are you getting the idea(apart from say The Daily Mail) that ISIS isn't being fought in the region?. And the second bit, which seems an absolute fantasy, when you consider that the Russians are bombing Assad's main enemy.
Don't be fooled that there are that many groups opposed to Assad whom are also enemies of ISIS.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:32 am

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/par ... ocid=edgsp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really do think the West is finished.
Would any sensible person really think that a white, western, male would be allowed to bimble around an ISIS stronghold maintaining a connection between his head and body, anytime he wanted, if he was not a member of that organisation?
I'm genuinely sorry for the parents in this case but you need to pull your heads out of your arses, stop blaming everyone else and accept your son has thrown his lot in with a murderous bunch of medieval bastards and if he ever gets back, after a suitable long time away to reflect on his misspent youth, maybe he might be round for Sunday lunch!

Just slightly off topic, I know we all did things as youth that were not really such a brilliant ideas from time to time, but why have the current crop perfected stupidity?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/par ... ocid=edgsp

Would any sensible person really think that a white, western, male would be allowed to bimble around an ISIS stronghold maintaining a connection between his head and body, anytime he wanted, if he was not a member of that organisation?

Has to be said that a Muslim in Britain walks free of any danger just because of his/her religion. Whether a Christian would recieve that same courtesy in Boko Haram is decidedly questionable. I'm not volunteering to test the theory... :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:50 pm

When you off East then?

That's quite an extrapolation of the pertinent facts from 20 year old in Syria to the West being finished...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:16 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

That's quite an extrapolation of the pertinent facts from 20 year old in Syria to the West being finished...
Sad you cannot really see past the end of your nose, I had high hopes for you boy.

It has bugger all to do with the lad, it's the attitude of comfortable middle class liberals like the parents that is scary, naïve beyond belief! The sort of people that would have turned off the telly, drawn the curtains and bemoaned the heavy tactic sending the SAS into the Iranian embassy.
These people are why the world is going to the dogs, who will vote for a United States of Europe because it's democratic :lol: :crazy:
and you, I suspect, will be happy to trundle off with them.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

Sad you cannot really see past the end of your nose, I had high hopes for you boy.
Well if people weren't shit scared of buying me glasses.... :mrgreen:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:41 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

Well if people weren't shit scared of buying me glasses.... :mrgreen:
http://www.specsavers.co.uk/glasses/nhs-optical-voucher" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:53 am

Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

It has bugger all to do with the lad, it's the attitude of comfortable middle class liberals like the parents that is scary, naïve beyond belief! The sort of people that would have turned off the telly, drawn the curtains and bemoaned the heavy tactic sending the SAS into the Iranian embassy.
These people are why the world is going to the dogs, who will vote for a United States of Europe because it's democratic :lol: :crazy:
You mean parents who love their son and don't want to see him blown up or killed or suffering are really the problem here?

That seems to be the conclusion of your argument. People who don't have a thirst for violence, death and hatred, are, very much, not the issue.

You seem to be at war with anyone who doesn't see things how you do. But even if there was a moral middle class majority who wanted to turn a blind eye (there isn't btw but lets pretend), it makes absolutely no difference. Zero.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:10 am

^ remember, it's not ISIS who are the problem - but humanitarians...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:49 am

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:22 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

You mean parents who love their son and don't want to see him blown up or killed or suffering are really the problem here?

That seems to be the conclusion of your argument. People who don't have a thirst for violence, death and hatred, are, very much, not the issue.

You seem to be at war with anyone who doesn't see things how you do. But even if there was a moral middle class majority who wanted to turn a blind eye (there isn't btw but lets pretend), it makes absolutely no difference. Zero.
Stop being a dick for once!
The problem is the parents don't see a problem, you know their dear little boy just became a Muslim, rocked up in a patch of a war zone inhabited by murderous thugs who kill all who do not support them, comes from the hated West and has done nothing wrong? Please!
These are the same set of people sat in comfortable suburban estates telling all who will listen migrants/refugees/whatever are not a problem, the very same people who were happy for bad news to be buried, lies to be told and even go as far as blaming women for having a drink and being out on their own.
I can imagine the indignation of these people if the news crews actually showed the effects of the squalor and shit the migrants left behind and the effect on the areas into which they have moved.
At least one good thing came from the New Year debacle, some people have removed their blinkers!
You seem to be at war with anyone who doesn't see things how you do. But even if there was a moral middle class majority who wanted to turn a blind eye (there isn't btw but lets pretend), it makes absolutely no difference. Zero
Pardon me for having an opinion Mr Nixon!
So you think that if warts 'n' all came out about migrants the likes of Merkel etc. would not worry because it would matter ZERO what the middle class masses were thinking?
Fcuk me, even Trump ain't that stupid!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:
The problem is the parents don't see a problem, you know their dear little boy just became a Muslim, rocked up in a patch of a war zone inhabited by murderous thugs who kill all who do not support them, comes from the hated West and has done nothing wrong? Please!
These are the same set of people sat in comfortable suburban estates telling all who will listen migrants/refugees/whatever are not a problem, the very same people who were happy for bad news to be buried, lies to be told and even go as far as blaming women for having a drink and being out on their own.
I can imagine the indignation of these people if the news crews actually showed the effects of the squalor and shit the migrants left behind and the effect on the areas into which they have moved.
At least one good thing came from the New Year debacle, some people have removed their blinkers!

So you think that if warts 'n' all came out about migrants the likes of Merkel etc. would not worry because it would matter ZERO what the middle class masses were thinking?
Again your basic assertion is flawed. Migration and people's views on it are irrelevant to the situation here.

The situation is a young man, with potentially some mental health issues, has gone to Syria, as he and his parents claim to help refugees. Others claim he has gone to join ISIS.

Now, in EITHER case do you think his parents should and would automatically stop loving and caring about him? Isn't it only natural for them to believe his word or even want to believe that over other external voices?

And even if deep down they believe he's joined ISIS wouldn't their worry, concern and love for their child prevail and still them want to protect him in some way? You seem so obsessed with migrants that they become the sole focus of every argument and anyone who may have even a differing perspective is lumped into this middle class moral handwringing problem that you have created as a figment of your imagination.

His parents wanting to send him glasses doesn't mean that they are supporters of ISIS or some middle class do-gooder conspiracy. It simply means they have a son who they are worried about and want to help as any parent naturally would.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:26 pm

what I read the other day (in the Times) was that 'the parents' were told categorically by the police not to send him (the son - let's call him Letts, Jack Letts) any money after they'd tried to and failed at their first attempt. They then tried again and the authorities picked up on it and halted the payment - over a thousand pounds. Now I'm either waaaaaay behind on the costs of opthalmic care in the middle east, or I'm correct in assuming this wasn't just some concerned parents wanting to help their child get a new set of specs.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:34 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:

Again your basic assertion is flawed. Migration and people's views on it are irrelevant to the situation here.

The situation is a young man, with potentially some mental health issues, has gone to Syria, as he and his parents claim to help refugees. Others claim he has gone to join ISIS.

Now, in EITHER case do you think his parents should and would automatically stop loving and caring about him? Isn't it only natural for them to believe his word or even want to believe that over other external voices?

And even if deep down they believe he's joined ISIS wouldn't their worry, concern and love for their child prevail and still them want to protect him in some way? You seem so obsessed with migrants that they become the sole focus of every argument and anyone who may have even a differing perspective is lumped into this middle class moral handwringing problem that you have created as a figment of your imagination.

His parents wanting to send him glasses doesn't mean that they are supporters of ISIS or some middle class do-gooder conspiracy. It simply means they have a son who they are worried about and want to help as any parent naturally would.
Sorry, but if you cannot see the mind set of middle class liberals at work here, you must be one of them!
Since when has making excuses up for 'nice boys' who feck off to commit atrocities all over the place worked?
I'll be totally honest here, if he was my lad I'd tell him in no uncertain terms to get his sorry ass back over here and we'd take it from there, inside I probably be ready to chin the bugger for the misery he'd caused the wife. Would I send him anything? absolutely not, in no circumstances, fecking youth want their arses wiping and someone picking up their mess until way into their late 30's these days.
He went, his choice, his problem, he's not a baby!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:53 pm

Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
When you off East then?

You seem to be at war with anyone who doesn't see things how you do. But even if there was a moral middle class majority who wanted to turn a blind eye (there isn't btw but lets pretend), it makes absolutely no difference. Zero

I love how your lot have suddenly all become feminists all of a sudden.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.