Have you seen your favourite song live?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Have you seen your favourite song live?

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 am

William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
William the White wrote:I've seen my favourite aria - Di Provenza, il mar, il sol... half a dozen times live in productions of La Traviata in Manchester, London, Bristol and Leeds...

I saw Dylan royally feck up one of my favourites of his with an electric version of One Too Many Mornings back in about 1965 in Liverpool... This doesn't count really because I'd have about 20 songs competing for my favourite Dylan... And I've sen him feck up most of them one time or another in live performance all over the UK...
I think it must have been his 1966 World tour, which I saw in Montreal in February 1966 (it went to Liverpool the following May). 1965 was his last tour solo and acoustic. 1965 was in the Empire theatre and 1966 in the Odeon if that helps.
I think it probably was 66... The first half was acoustic and solo... The second electric and band and half the theatre emptying... But not me and our bunch... :D
Yes, I've just looked it up.
Acoustic Half

"She Belongs to Me"
"4th Time Around"
"Visions of Johanna"
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
"Desolation Row"
"Just Like a Woman"
"Mr. Tambourine Man"

Electric Half

"Tell Me, Momma"
"I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)"
"Baby, Let Me Follow You Down"
"Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues"
"Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat"
"One Too Many Mornings"
"Ballad of a Thin Man"
"Like a Rolling Stone"
Highway 61 revisited remains one of my favourite albums so I stayed to the end (most people did in Montreal IIRC). It was the first time he was backed by Robbie Robertson (good Canadian content) and the Band (I'm not sure if they were called the Band then). The electric half was a bit of a shock - though not as bad as Nashville Skyline was to me!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:13 am

Back in the mists of time I had Dylan's early stuff albums: Tambourine Man, Maggies Farm, Positively Fourth Street, Gasoline Alley Bred and that sort of stuff. Only ever bought one single (45 ep )of his: Lay Lady Lay, backed by Knocking on Heaven's Door. Played the grooves off it
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:15 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
William the White wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
William the White wrote:I've seen my favourite aria - Di Provenza, il mar, il sol... half a dozen times live in productions of La Traviata in Manchester, London, Bristol and Leeds...

I saw Dylan royally feck up one of my favourites of his with an electric version of One Too Many Mornings back in about 1965 in Liverpool... This doesn't count really because I'd have about 20 songs competing for my favourite Dylan... And I've sen him feck up most of them one time or another in live performance all over the UK...
I think it must have been his 1966 World tour, which I saw in Montreal in February 1966 (it went to Liverpool the following May). 1965 was his last tour solo and acoustic. 1965 was in the Empire theatre and 1966 in the Odeon if that helps.
I think it probably was 66... The first half was acoustic and solo... The second electric and band and half the theatre emptying... But not me and our bunch... :D
Yes, I've just looked it up.
Acoustic Half

"She Belongs to Me"
"4th Time Around"
"Visions of Johanna"
"It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"
"Desolation Row"
"Just Like a Woman"
"Mr. Tambourine Man"

Electric Half

"Tell Me, Momma"
"I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)"
"Baby, Let Me Follow You Down"
"Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues"
"Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat"
"One Too Many Mornings"
"Ballad of a Thin Man"
"Like a Rolling Stone"
Highway 61 revisited remains one of my favourite albums so I stayed to the end (most people did in Montreal IIRC). It was the first time he was backed by Robbie Robertson (good Canadian content) and the Band (I'm not sure if they were called the Band then). The electric half was a bit of a shock - though not as bad as Nashville Skyline was to me!
I remembered it right - the electric One Too Many Mornings... :D

Now where did I put my keys... and my specs...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:28 am

Saw quite a lot of pop bands live 60's and 70's, Meseybeats, Searchers, Swinging Blue Jeans, Billy J Kramer, Johnny Kidd and the Pirates type stuff. Won't claim to have heard much though except hyper-histerical, screaming the place down, girls .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:35 am

Been a bit miffed that whenever I've seen I Am Kloot they haven't done From Your Favourite Sky. Anyway, in February they opened with it. Happy me :)
May the bridges I burn light your way