2015 Six Nations

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: 2015 Six Nations

Post by Prufrock » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:27 pm

That's more like it!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:55 pm

How many charge downs? How many penalties? Will Vunipola ever pass to a mate and not try to take the lot on on his own? I reckon we're playing like Blodwens.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:04 pm

Too many individual errors at the minute. Davies just called it right - no kickers outside of 10, so target the other two options - either they need to lie a little deeper to create more space or we need to be stifling the Taffs coming through. Still fairly open here.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Much better control.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:39 pm

Back to individual errors...Need to get focused again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:11 pm

Big apologies for calling our lads "Blodwyns". Defence second half was great as was that try from Josephs. Swinging low now, great start...... :oyea:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 pm

Well who'd have thunk it? Generally good performance by the pack, and some neat breaks by the backs - thought Haskell and Ford were good as was Josephs, Robshaw less visible, but I'd be surprised if he didn't come out somewhere near the top of the tackle count. Solid from Kruis. Most of their penetration came from our loose play and individual mistakes.

The subs worried me a little - especially when we dipped that first scrum after the front row ones. All in all, don't think Wales can have any complaints - they weren't half as good as I was expecting them to be after turning the Saffers over.

Win with the roof on,
You only win,
With the roof on...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Despite my inexperience with the game rules, I've been watching it since Wade Dooley was a lad (well, not quite a lad) Even back then we gave away silly penalties and lost too many line outs. You can only play what's in front of you and our defence tonight was quite heroic. I was still glad to hear the final hoot but didn't feel quite as nervous as normally when it's tight.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:58 pm

Look at George North's fall at about 50 seconds in this video. Oof!

Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:25 pm

How good does that feel!

Stuck it right back up them. Welsh confidence which would have been English arrogance if reversed.

Not the best start going ten nil down but what skill from Brown and a great collection and finish from Watson. That drop kick before half time and it was a tough ask but we came out with renewed vigour, had we been holding something back?

The second half was practically one way traffic although at one point when Ford missed that long range penalty I thought we had blown it!

The scrum was dominant, including the opening when we murdered them but Haskell missed the tackle when they scored. The lineout performed well. Attwood was immense and injury permitting will keep his place. The pack clearly had a point to prove and prove it they did.

Gatball sussed once again!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:37 am

So, today we have Italy v Ireland and France v Scotland. But really, who gives a fcuk? :-)

And I'm only half way down my phone's list of contact on "people who support Wales" - plenty more entertainment to be had there.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:15 am

I will be doing my best to watch both games and am particularly interested to see how France play.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:46 am

jaffka wrote:I will be doing my best to watch both games and am particularly interested to see how France play.
Might catch the France/Scotland game although it will be right across tea-time. The earlier one will have to be on iplayer or so because there's a very important fixture taking place in Mr Darcy country at 3-0'clock; a matter of pride and most likely some prejudice... :mrgreen:

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:39 pm

Ireland lost Sean O'Brien before the start with an injury, it could be suggested he was rushed back. They weren't particularly great either but got the win, which is all that matters.

France were very limited going forward in a narrow win against battling Scotland.

Next week England should be beating Italy at HQ and France and Ireland will decide which team could go on and do a grand slam. The Irish with home advantage but from today's games either team could win.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:42 pm

jaffka wrote:Ireland lost Sean O'Brien before the start with an injury, it could be suggested he was rushed back. They weren't particularly great either but got the win, which is all that matters.

France were very limited going forward in a narrow win against battling Scotland.

Next week England should be beating Italy at HQ and France and Ireland will decide which team could go on and do a grand slam. The Irish with home advantage but from today's games either team could win.
I think I'd be fairly happy with a France win in that game...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
jaffka wrote:Ireland lost Sean O'Brien before the start with an injury, it could be suggested he was rushed back. They weren't particularly great either but got the win, which is all that matters.

I think I'd be fairly happy with a France win in that game...
So would I but I am going to stick my neck out and state that the 1st March game in Dublin will be the the grand slam decider.

France are persevering with Basternaud and Fofana who don't work well together. They play like they did today next week then the Irish will hump them :o

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:34 pm

Just caught up with the England/Italy highlights. A seemingly easy enough win. Our man Josephs is sure some flyer. Great strength and skill and two cracking tries. Ciprianni scored on e too.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Just caught up with the England/Italy highlights. A seemingly easy enough win. Our man Josephs is sure some flyer. Great strength and skill and two cracking tries. Ciprianni scored on e too.
Weren't at our best, defensively, but certainly some decent tries. Ireland didn't look at their best either, but still managed to turn over the frogs. Big game coming up on 1st March over in Dublin...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:09 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Just caught up with the England/Italy highlights. A seemingly easy enough win. Our man Josephs is sure some flyer. Great strength and skill and two cracking tries. Ciprianni scored on e too.
Weren't at our best, defensively, but certainly some decent tries. Ireland didn't look at their best either, but still managed to turn over the frogs. Big game coming up on 1st March over in Dublin...
aye... could well be the sausage-decider...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:27 am

The teams could/should be announced later today.

Lawes could make a return and Brown is probably out. Apparently Pennel has been training with the squad, he plays for Worcester currently in the championship. Did well for the Saxons against the wolfhounds as well.

Hopefully against Italy the chances they had were down to us trying to play more open to get points on he board but we certainly cannot start slow against Ireland like we have in the two previous games. They have also looked good under the high ball from kick and chase.

Sunday the decider!