Today I'm angry about.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: Today I'm angry about.....

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:28 am

He's not wrong.

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Let me add a little background to my anger here; I have absolutely no time whatsover for Top Gear and I've even less for its tedious devotees. As such, it annoys me to feck to hear people credit the line "And on that bombshell" to the talentless, fuzzy-haired 4uckwit Jeremy Clarkson when it's a line that he's lifted from Steve Coogan's original Alan Partridge - Knowing Me, Knowing You. :whack:
Out of interest did you read Coogan's article slating Top Gear in the Guardian a couple of weekends ago? Definitely worth a gander!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:56 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Let me add a little background to my anger here; I have absolutely no time whatsover for Top Gear and I've even less for its tedious devotees. As such, it annoys me to feck to hear people credit the line "And on that bombshell" to the talentless, fuzzy-haired 4uckwit Jeremy Clarkson when it's a line that he's lifted from Steve Coogan's original Alan Partridge - Knowing Me, Knowing You. :whack:
Have you ever met anyone who watches top gear each week who isn't a prick?

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:14 am

I've been sick for two weeks.
I've annoyed the hell out of my partner and her friend.
going back tommorow, let's hope it;s just a middle ear infection that it was a week and a half ago.
thebish wrote:Matty T seems to have lost some weight but gained no pace...
Upto page 23 of the Joke Thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4434&start=440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:

Naughty Naughty!

If I was the sensitive type I'd think that was aimed at me :twisted:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 pm

jimbo wrote:
Out of interest did you read Coogan's article slating Top Gear in the Guardian a couple of weekends ago? Definitely worth a gander!
You don't have a link do you, Jim? I'd like to see that.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

It was tremendous

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... eve-coogan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:28 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Frankly - no! As soon as I hear someone say "Hey, I don't know if you saw last night's Top Gear but......." I run off.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:It was tremendous

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/ ... eve-coogan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers, buddy. Isn't it just?!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Frankly - no! As soon as I hear someone say "Hey, I don't know if you saw last night's Top Gear but......." I run off.
Aye do the same. In fact I've banned any mention of it at work because there is only so many times you can hear about how they converted a fiat punto into a combine harvester and drove the length of the country and back on a packet of werthers originals and a bottle of meths! Or hear how they have reviewed some stupidly expensive car and decided it could only break the speed limit twice over so wasn't much good!

:roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:52 pm

Today I'm angry about folk who get far too worked up over Top Gear. It's an all right programme, though perhaps repetitive, and it does have an annoying bunch of 'did you see Top Gear last night folk' but the over the top reaction to the blandest of statements is annoying. Statements which are designed in themselves to promote a reaction. Clarkson himself once said something along the lines of 'if people are taking Top Gear and the things we say seriously then they have got serious problems'. There was nothing massively offensive in what they said, the only problem was they weren't particularly funny.

Steve Coogan just comes across as the self satisfied smug cnut he is known to be in that article. I'm not sure how it is groundbreaking.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:31 pm

Saved me typing it Prufrock. Thanks. :wink:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:30 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Saved me typing it Prufrock. Thanks. :wink:
So that's two people needing good taste operations so far...

It's malodorous garbage...

IMHO of course...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:07 pm

William the White wrote:
Zulus Thousand of em wrote:Saved me typing it Prufrock. Thanks. :wink:
So that's two people needing good taste operations so far...

It's malodorous garbage...

IMHO of course...

I'm not sure it's a question of my taste. As I have said, the main problem I had with the Mexican episode is that it wasn't funny. I don't however think every joke made must fall squarely in one of two distinct categories; funny, or racist. Steve Coogan misses the point in that such comments would presumably be very ill-advised on an American TV show, but Top Gear is not an American show, and I would be very surprised if that bit isn't edited out of any American showings. North Koreans are a different ethnicity, and poor, to fit his categories, yet Team America's 'Herro' portrayal of Koreans is viewed as OK. Or does that hold itself to some moral or ethical account as that self satisfied berk would claim?

I'd like somebody to explain to me the difference between for instance what the Top Gear 'Lads' said, and Jimmy Carr for example on 10 o'clock Live doing the 'How So, No Way and Wow Wee, and that's just the names of the Chinese finance ministers'?

A bit of light hearted mockery of what is foreign or different doesn't suddenly have to become so offensive as to be intolerable, and it furthers this ludicrous idea that nothing vaguely offensive must be tolerated. People are offended by swearing, homosexuality, bad driving, yet they are tolerated. I understand caution need be exercised when it comes to racial and national stereotypes, but no-one is suggesting there will be any genocide because Richard Hammond was painfully unfunny for a few minutes. The only thing I can think of that could happen is some morons could decide that Top Gear is real life and therefore form some stupid views about Mexicans. Surely we aren't suggesting we ban anything that might cause morons to have stupid ideas? I fear TV may be very boring somehow.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:23 pm

This is the most anyone has ever had to say about Top Gear beyond "s'alright I s'pose.".
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:04 pm

Steve Coogan is as funny as a dose of the clap!!!!! Clarkson is in a different league.
Coogan is the west ham of comedians.
On a different subject it's nice how Pru and Zulu can snuggle up with hoboh's view :mrgreen:
shame about William :(

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 pm

Hoboh wrote:Steve Coogan is as funny as a dose of the clap!!!!! Clarkson is in a different league.
Coogan is the west ham of comedians.
On a different subject it's nice how Pru and Zulu can snuggle up with hoboh's view :mrgreen:
shame about William :(
I don't mind it either - but don't go out of my way to watch it. The episodes I tend to see are the older ones on Dave or whatever it's called these days.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:01 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:This is the most anyone has ever had to say about Top Gear beyond "s'alright I s'pose.".
about 300 words more than it's worth...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:00 am

Those student Greenpeace gimps on Market Street - 'can I have a quick word about the destruction of the rainforests?' No you bloody can't you tosser, go and get a job :twisted:

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:28 pm

Prufrock wrote:Today I'm angry about folk who get far too worked up over Top Gear. It's an all right programme, though perhaps repetitive, and it does have an annoying bunch of 'did you see Top Gear last night folk' but the over the top reaction to the blandest of statements is annoying. Statements which are designed in themselves to promote a reaction. Clarkson himself once said something along the lines of 'if people are taking Top Gear and the things we say seriously then they have got serious problems'. There was nothing massively offensive in what they said, the only problem was they weren't particularly funny.

Steve Coogan just comes across as the self satisfied smug cnut he is known to be in that article. I'm not sure how it is groundbreaking.
You forgot boring unfunny cnut!

Rather watch Top Gear (and be a prick)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!