General Chit Chat

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: General Chit Chat

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:15 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Here's one. We're about to order this year's Christmas cards to send out to customers, usually one per organisation. Now then, a colleague has mentioned sending e-cards to individuals instead.

So, the debate is; Tangible Christmas cards that will look nice in reception areas but that no-one will ever actually pay any attention to vs Ecards which, although providing the opportunity to wish everyone an individual merry Christmas are no card at all, and for my money lack sincerity anyway.

Personally I think we should give the money to charity and have a footnote on all outgoing emails and documents telling folk as to why they've not received any seasonal greetings from us.

Where do you stand on this?
Charity money and a footnote. IMO.

My bank sends me a Birthday card every year (usually about 3 weeks after the event) and I always think what a waste of money and resources. In my view Christmas cards are personal, they are from one person to another. I can't really be doing even with the whole office thing of everyone giving everyone else a card. What is the point?
My thoughts exactly. When writing out the office Christmas cards I have to take a mental wander along the corridors simply for fear of missing someone out, and there are a couple of people here, one in particular, that actually keep tabs on who has and who hasn't bought cards.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:33 pm

Oh aye, I stopped that caper years ago. "Here's one for you!" "Oh, here's yours"

Just stop sending them all together. They start to dry up after a while.

Best of all, people assume you've stopped sending them because you've made a donation to charity! :D
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:41 pm

A couple of years ago what we did, the eight of us in our office, was rather than buy everyone cards (around 35 each in total) we chipped in and bought cheeses and biscuits, fruit, mince pies and sent round a message thus: 'This year our office have decided not to buy everybody cards but instead invite you through to our kitchen for cheese and biscuits etc. Please help yourself. Merry Christmas from us'.

You'd have thought we'd just shot fecking Rudolph in the eyes of some :roll:

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:A couple of years ago what we did, the eight of us in our office, was rather than buy everyone cards (around 35 each in total) we chipped in and bought cheeses and biscuits, fruit, mince pies and sent round a message thus: 'This year our office have decided not to buy everybody cards but instead invite you through to our kitchen for cheese and biscuits etc. Please help yourself. Merry Christmas from us'.

I think that was a great idea. I take it you didn't come up with that or wanted to invite the other departments? :D

I work from home and get feck all. :(
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:26 pm

malcd1 wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:A couple of years ago what we did, the eight of us in our office, was rather than buy everyone cards (around 35 each in total) we chipped in and bought cheeses and biscuits, fruit, mince pies and sent round a message thus: 'This year our office have decided not to buy everybody cards but instead invite you through to our kitchen for cheese and biscuits etc. Please help yourself. Merry Christmas from us'.

I think that was a great idea. I take it you didn't come up with that or wanted to invite the other departments? :D

I work from home and get feck all. :(
Haha. Well, it most certainly wasn't my idea, Malc. The moaning Minnies all managed to put their wounded feelings behind them and pitch up for a plate of cheese though - after we'd ruined Christmas. :lol:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:30 pm

when designing a shark-blanket - fin-placement is crucial...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:11 pm

^ stripe repetition or star iteration aren't the blanket maker's strong points either.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:49 pm

And the headline to this in the Mail

'Lewis steps out with Balotelli's ex Fanny'.

:mrgreen:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:51 pm

Hoboh wrote:Image

And the headline to this in the Mail

'Lewis steps out with Balotelli's ex Fanny'.

:mrgreen:
I've always considered him more of a tit.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:13 pm

I'm just wondering what our legal eagles make of this Charlotte Proud man LinkedIn row. Sleazy old duffer with an inappropriate remark or appalling sexist? Is she a strident feminist haridan who deserves public approbrium or a victim?
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:40 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:I'm just wondering what our legal eagles make of this Charlotte Proud man LinkedIn row. Sleazy old duffer with an inappropriate remark or appalling sexist? Is she a strident feminist haridan who deserves public approbrium or a victim?
She needs to relax. Man makes utterly clumsy compliment, she goes into attacking feminazi mode. Fck knows what she'd have said if he'd have called her a bit of a munter..........

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:45 pm

Il Pirate wrote:
Bijou Bob wrote:I'm just wondering what our legal eagles make of this Charlotte Proud man LinkedIn row. Sleazy old duffer with an inappropriate remark or appalling sexist? Is she a strident feminist haridan who deserves public approbrium or a victim?
She needs to relax. Man makes utterly clumsy compliment, she goes into attacking feminazi mode. Fck knows what she'd have said if he'd have called her a bit of a munter..........

hmmm... especially as it turns out she has made EXACTLY the same kind of "objectifying" comments about men on HER social media pages...
However, it emerged yesterday that the award-winning human rights barrister has commented on pictures of men on Facebook herself to praise their looks.

She also told female friends they looked 'sexy' and 'stunning' – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.

On the profile of a postgraduate student at Cambridge, where Miss Proudman is on sabbatical from her chambers to study for a PhD, she wrote: 'Hot stuff!', and under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: 'oooo lalala!'

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:49 pm

thebish wrote:
Il Pirate wrote:

hmmm... especially as it turns out she has made EXACTLY the same kind of "objectifying" comments about men on HER social media pages...
However, it emerged yesterday that the award-winning human rights barrister has commented on pictures of men on Facebook herself to praise their looks.

She also told female friends they looked 'sexy' and 'stunning' – the same word used by Mr Carter-Silk.

On the profile of a postgraduate student at Cambridge, where Miss Proudman is on sabbatical from her chambers to study for a PhD, she wrote: 'Hot stuff!', and under an image of a long-haired male friend, she wrote: 'oooo lalala!'

Errr....womens privelge, to be, how can I put this.............................erm..forgetful?......(when the occasion warrants it....)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:56 pm

They're both awful (his "clarification" was beyond embarrassing) and she's suffering the other side of the twitter mob coin right now.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:55 pm

He should have his legs slapped for being so daft, but that's what it was ... daft.

Why she should have acted like she did is beyond the pale. Clearly out to boost herself and also destroy his working life & marriage. AND we now know a hypocrit. Burn the witch.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:15 pm

I just don't 'get' why she is so pissed off receiving a fairly innocuous compliment, trying to improve her profile as a no nonsense, tough as old boots human rights lawyer if you ask me and spectacularly failing.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:32 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... death.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clearly fckg barking.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:21 pm

bobo the clown wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... death.html

Clearly fckg barking.
Nice tits though !

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:43 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... death.html

Clearly fckg barking.
Nice tits though !

:lol:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:30 pm

Apparently she's been pissed off with men since the age of four when her father died and left all his £300,000 inheritance to charity...
He real name ain't Proudman, she changed it over to her maternal grandmother's moniker. The fact she didn't adapt it to Proudwoman shows just how mixed up her mental processing is.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください