Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by thebish » Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:Voters have been turned off in droves by Nigel Farage during the election campaign, a new poll claims.

The Ipsos MORI survey for the Standard found 38 per cent of people had developed a less favourable view of the Ukip leader in recent weeks, compared with 20 per cent whose opinion of him had improved.

by my calculations - that's 18 steps towards being yesterdays man!
I find it so strange you profess admiration for the wee Krankie and her bunch of nationalist thugs, a party hell bent on leaving the Union despite getting the best deals of anyone.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find evidence of me expressing admiration for the wee krankie.

you might get me to go as far as:

1: she'd make the labour party a heck of a lot more left wing than it is now - and that would be a good thing in my view.
2: better a labour party propped up by SNP than a Tory party propped up by UKIP and DUP (not that UKIP will have enough seats to be in anyone's priority telephone list after the election...)

but - I wouldn't trust her or salmond as far as I could throw the both of them strapped together...

you might be confusing the FACT that I think she will win a shedload more seats than UKIP with your odd FICTION that this means I love her... I am merely telling you how it is!

she's the oppo character of the day... Nige wishes it was him - so do you - but the plain and obvious fact is he's NOT.

Nige won't even be the SECOND most successful oppo politician.. (if you count Milliband)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sat May 02, 2015 2:36 pm

Beefheart wrote:Ha, UKIP aren't going to do shit.

I do think Miliband is handling the SNP question terribly. He said under no circumstances he would work with them because he doesn't want to give away any of his manifesto. So he'd honestly rather see a Tory government than say only get 90% of his manifesto through? Trident isn't even an issue, both Labour and the Tories support it so SNP support is irrelevant. There's a chance here for a progressive centre-left alliance that can bring in reform to lock the nasty party out for a generation. Vote through electoral reform, House of Lords reform and lower the voting age to 16, then just call another election if you want. :conf: You aren't winning a majority, Ed.

The whole SNP is a load of shit anyway. Tories are scared of them because in a realistic world, they'll have a powerful amount of seats, and are more likely to coalesce with parties of the left than the right, so we get the usual Daily Mail "oh my god, it'll be like Stalin's purges all over again" nonsense. What they really mean is "the more powerful the SNP is, the greater likelihood of us losing power". I think its not very grown up to say the least.

Labour are scared of them, because despite the possibility of them being helped into government, the realistic possibility of this means it could erode the Labour vote north of the border. Votes is cash and power, remember.

And ultimately, all they really are are a pressure group whose central aim is Scottish Independence. Now most people on here probably didn't notice because it wasn't that highly publicised, but the Scots themselves had a democratic referendum on this very issue probably about 6 months ago or so ( I forget, it was so irrelevant) where they voted to stay in the United Kingdom.

Of course, what gets my goat about all of this is none of the above, but the droves of idiots that I find I have to have conversations with who spout verbatim that which they have been given to think. How many seats does Scotland have? Its certainly not a Parliamentary majority, or anywhere near. There needs to be a severe case of taking brains out of neutral on this one.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Ha, UKIP aren't going to do shit.

I do think Miliband is handling the SNP question terribly. He said under no circumstances he would work with them because he doesn't want to give away any of his manifesto. So he'd honestly rather see a Tory government than say only get 90% of his manifesto through? Trident isn't even an issue, both Labour and the Tories support it so SNP support is irrelevant. There's a chance here for a progressive centre-left alliance that can bring in reform to lock the nasty party out for a generation. Vote through electoral reform, House of Lords reform and lower the voting age to 16, then just call another election if you want. :conf: You aren't winning a majority, Ed.

The whole SNP is a load of shit anyway. Tories are scared of them because in a realistic world, they'll have a powerful amount of seats, and are more likely to coalesce with parties of the left than the right, so we get the usual Daily Mail "oh my god, it'll be like Stalin's purges all over again" nonsense. What they really mean is "the more powerful the SNP is, the greater likelihood of us losing power". I think its not very grown up to say the least.

Labour are scared of them, because despite the possibility of them being helped into government, the realistic possibility of this means it could erode the Labour vote north of the border. Votes is cash and power, remember.

And ultimately, all they really are are a pressure group whose central aim is Scottish Independence. Now most people on here probably didn't notice because it wasn't that highly publicised, but the Scots themselves had a democratic referendum on this very issue probably about 6 months ago or so ( I forget, it was so irrelevant) where they voted to stay in the United Kingdom.

Of course, what gets my goat about all of this is none of the above, but the droves of idiots that I find I have to have conversations with who spout verbatim that which they have been given to think. How many seats does Scotland have? Its certainly not a Parliamentary majority, or anywhere near. There needs to be a severe case of taking brains out of neutral on this one.
Or simpler still, taking Scotland out.
I don't mind the Scots going alone provided they don't leave with a big goody bag, after all the tariffs and taxes we could place on a non EU country would be more than welcome :mrgreen:
I hope the 'British passports they hold become redundant overnight, should be fun at the airports.
We could charge for visa's and introduce strict border controls and I hope to God we refuse any semblance of defence for them, be very interesting what Sturgeon would do when Putin flies bombers over Edinburgh and Glasgow or sails ships off the Scottish coast.
Yep they can go with the price of their so called money harvester being half what they reckoned and the growing clamour to 'leave it in the ground'.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat May 02, 2015 5:19 pm

Hoboh wrote: be very interesting what Sturgeon would do when Putin flies bombers over Edinburgh and Glasgow or sails ships off the Scottish coast.
Except of course if Putin forms a Russian/ Scottish alliance. Interesting might not be the right term then. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat May 02, 2015 5:43 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Hoboh wrote: be very interesting what Sturgeon would do when Putin flies bombers over Edinburgh and Glasgow or sails ships off the Scottish coast.
Except of course if Putin forms a Russian/ Scottish alliance. Interesting might not be the right term then. :wink:
:lol: we'd end up with Ukraine 2!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat May 02, 2015 6:27 pm

Hoboh wrote: We could charge for visa's and introduce strict border controls and I hope to God we refuse any semblance of defence for them, be very interesting what Sturgeon would do when Putin flies bombers over Edinburgh and Glasgow or sails ships off the Scottish coast.
why - what did the UK govt do when Putin buzzed us with his planes? owt interesting? remind me... Did we nuke him? (I can't remember..)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 12:24 am

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote: We could charge for visa's and introduce strict border controls and I hope to God we refuse any semblance of defence for them, be very interesting what Sturgeon would do when Putin flies bombers over Edinburgh and Glasgow or sails ships off the Scottish coast.
why - what did the UK govt do when Putin buzzed us with his planes? owt interesting? remind me... Did we nuke him? (I can't remember..)
We followed them with Typhoons with which to shoot them down or force them to land if they violated our airspace.
What would wee Krankie do?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 12:48 am

Not very nice taking the micky out of your fried mars bar eating constituents!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 am

Can't help but think Hoboh might have a thing for Nicola Sturgeon. Like how kids are mean to girls they fancy at school.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:04 am

Beefheart wrote:Can't help but think Hoboh might have a thing for Nicola Sturgeon. Like how kids are mean to girls they fancy at school.
:D
You'd be miles from the truth

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:05 am

“Look,” he continued. “I know I’ve made mistakes. But I’ve learned from them and I promise to do better.”

It’s not you, it’s me.

“But this is a career-defining election ...” Cameron’s lip moistened as he realised his mistake and hurriedly tried to correct himself. “I mean, a country-defining election.”

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 1:31 am

Actually found this hilarious, since when have we had any influence over Europe, 1945?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 03, 2015 9:09 pm

So, Mili thinks he's Moses now !!

Who the fck advises him. It's like Siobhan Sharpe from W1A runs his PR campaign.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun May 03, 2015 11:11 pm

bobo the clown wrote:So, Mili thinks he's Moses now !!

Who the fck advises him. It's like Siobhan Sharpe from W1A runs his PR campaign.
I don't understand the poster at all - I guess I'm too far removed from the nuances of UK politics.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun May 03, 2015 11:40 pm

I wonder why, given UKIP are a non-entity, Labour officials who came round this morning dropped off leaflets attacking UKIP saying they, not the Tories, wanted to destroy the NHS?
Reckon they know who the main oppo is round here!
Was funny when he asked the wife if she was voting Labour and she exclaimed, 'what for Morris and his muckers' :lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sun May 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:So, Mili thinks he's Moses now !!

I don't understand the poster at all - I guess I'm too far removed from the nuances of UK politics.
It's not a poster. It's an 8' slab of marble with his immutable intentions in office. He plans to erect it in the garden at 10 Downing Street if the great unwashed decide to let him have the keys.

... except he can't as he'll need planning permission which it's been confirmed he wouldn't get.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon May 04, 2015 12:25 am

I'm pretty sure that's ^ not the right one.

That's been hilariously edited by a wag.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 04, 2015 9:45 am

Then here's the real one. I hink the various spoof one say more tbh.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... ke-a-stone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

.... & this is in the Grauniad.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 04, 2015 10:58 am

They forgot No 7, "Parting the waters to allow the millions to enter the promised land". Oh, sorry, Channel Tunnel..... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon May 04, 2015 11:32 am

TANGODANCER wrote:They forgot No 7, "Parting the waters to allow the millions to enter the promised land". Oh, sorry, Channel Tunnel..... :lol:
That will come under the "Immigration Controls" one I think.

Like all of them so floppy and imprecise that they can't be missed.

OF COURSE THERE WILL BE IMMIGRATION CONTROLS !!

Just what controls and to what affect they've sort of not gone into.