Politics, The Election May 2015

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
30%
Conservatives
30%
Liberal Democrats
5%
UKIP
15%
Green Party
13%
SNP
3%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
5%

Total votes: 40

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Politics, The Election May 2015

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 07, 2015 10:07 am

thebish wrote:also - the association - wittily crossed out - of (presumably) the SNP with Nazis is ridiculous...
Is it?
Wait and see, the SNP are keeping very, very, quiet about immigration they are actually further right than UKIP here, they desire a one party state and broke no opposition what so ever, I have Scottish friends who say it is very dangerous to speak anti-SNP up there.
You aim all sorts of rubbish at UKIP yet ignore a party that literally could start a civil war in the UK, how long do you think the English will tolerate Sturgeon gorging on the UK economy?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 07, 2015 10:10 am

Prufrock wrote:Heaven forbid Scottish people have a say in how the UK is run!

I'm waiting for the inevitable resurfacing of the bollocks logic that had UKIP "win" the European election now being used to claim a victory for a Tory party short of a majority.

Come on Ted!
Having a say and dictating are different, unfortunately unless everyone votes Labour, which on the face of it isn't going to happen, you get the SNP, Sturgeon and God forbid, Salmond!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 07, 2015 10:13 am

Hoboh wrote:

I'm waiting for the inevitable resurfacing of the bollocks logic that had UKIP "win" the European election now being used to claim a victory for a Tory party short of a majority.

Come on Ted!
Having a say and dictating are different, unfortunately unless everyone votes Labour, which on the face of it isn't going to happen, you get the SNP, Sturgeon and God forbid, Salmond!

I think you may have a fairly sensationalist and overblown understanding of the word "dictating"...

get a grip!!

anyway - you shouldn't be worried as Farage will sweep to power - what with him not being at all, in the least bit, very very totally irrelevant! :wink:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 07, 2015 10:43 am

Hoboh wrote:

Come on Ted!
The MPs turn up and have one vote, yay or nay.

The idea the SNP can hold Labour to ransom is nonsense. The only way the SNP could prevent a Labour govt passing anything is if the Tories AND the SNP voted together.

So things like Trident? The Tories either vote with Labour or at least abstain, it gets renewed.

A Labour budget? The Tories vote against and the SNP have the choice of voting for it or potentially bringing down the govt and putting the Tories in office. That's not going to happen.

I'm sure they will get some things in return for their support, but they'll be minor.

As it happens whilst I think Sturgeon is v impressive, I don't like the SNP. They have a very nasty element to their support and I don't trust anyone with "Nationalist" in their title. But if people vote them in they send their MPs and they get their say. It's nonsense to claim its undemocratic, and its stupid to think the SNP with 50 seats could dictate to Labour with 270.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 07, 2015 11:21 am

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:also - the association - wittily crossed out - of (presumably) the SNP with Nazis is ridiculous...
Is it?
Wait and see, the SNP are keeping very, very, quiet about immigration they are actually further right than UKIP here, they desire a one party state and broke no opposition what so ever, I have Scottish friends who say it is very dangerous to speak anti-SNP up there.
You aim all sorts of rubbish at UKIP yet ignore a party that literally could start a civil war in the UK, how long do you think the English will tolerate Sturgeon gorging on the UK economy?
Civil War? Really?

OMGZ!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 07, 2015 12:52 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Is it?
in a word? Yes.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 07, 2015 12:54 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Is it?
Civil War? Really?
literally! :D

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 07, 2015 1:45 pm

also Hoboh - pleeeease!! - I am still waiting for your urgent advice as to how I should vote in Torquay to prevent this scottish armageddon...

Caro-Kann
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Caro-Kann » Thu May 07, 2015 2:14 pm

So are those of us who are Scots that travel down to watch Bolton "the enemy within" in Hoboh's world?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu May 07, 2015 2:16 pm

Caro-Kann wrote:So are those of us who are Scots that travel down to watch Bolton "the enemy within" in Hoboh's world?
only when you start dictating to Lenny who he should be picking each week... then you're also a Nazi.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 07, 2015 2:18 pm

thebish wrote:
Caro-Kann wrote:So are those of us who are Scots that travel down to watch Bolton "the enemy within" in Hoboh's world?
only when you start dictating to Lenny who he should be picking each week... then you're also a Nazi.
Don't take it personally. Most of us who travel from Bolton every week are the enemy within also!

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Thu May 07, 2015 8:25 pm

Someone pointed out to me today that Nicola Sturgeon won't actually be a sitting MP in Westminster. Which begs the question as to how the f*ck she'll dictate anything from 600 miles away from the cabinet?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu May 07, 2015 8:51 pm

She won't. That smug twunt Salmond will be pulling the strings in Westminster assuming he wins his seat.

Still, it'll count for little after the Upper Kent Independence Pary landslide.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 07, 2015 9:00 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Is it?
in a word? Yes.
Then please do tell why the police are investigating SNP thugs outside a polling station demanding to know how people are voting!
Close your eyes to yet another problem it's your free choice but stop labelling others whilst excusing the obvious, Nazi's don't like losing.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu May 07, 2015 9:02 pm

Go independent and you'd need a visa and nice shiny new Scottish passport :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 07, 2015 9:40 pm

If I were making a list of the Nazi's worst crimes, I'm not sure voter intimidation would make the top ten.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu May 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Exit polls are terrifying!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu May 07, 2015 10:16 pm

Prufrock wrote:If I were making a list of the Nazi's worst crimes, I'm not sure voter intimidation would make the top ten.
I'm not sure they had that many elections in Germany after 1933. The USA has a richer history of voter intimidation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 07, 2015 10:19 pm

Prufrock wrote:Exit polls are terrifying!
Indeed, we'll get to see Paddy Ashdown eat his hat if they're right...

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Thu May 07, 2015 10:41 pm

Prufrock wrote:Exit polls are terrifying!
That depends on your viewpoint!
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.