Noel Gallagher 'quitting Oasis'

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:21 am

I love "Everything in its right place" but I too remember that first listen, mouth open, angry, thinking "WHAT THE F*CK?"...

Went back and listened to Pablo Honey for the first time in about 6 years the other day, what a cracking record that is!

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:56 am

First time I listened to KID A was on an advanced tape about 3 days before they played those gigs in Warrington in the tent. I was blown away, especially track 4 (which I later learnt was How to Disappear Completely). The gig was pretty awesome as well. They played Pyramid Song which was to come out an album later (KID B, as some people cruelly referred to it as).
They the best band of my generation by some distance.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:13 am

Dr Hotdog wrote:First time I listened to KID A was on an advanced tape about 3 days before they played those gigs in Warrington in the tent. I was blown away, especially track 4 (which I later learnt was How to Disappear Completely). The gig was pretty awesome as well. They played Pyramid Song which was to come out an album later (KID B, as some people cruelly referred to it as).
Never really liked them to be honest. Theyre alright in small doses.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:22 pm

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Dr Hotdog wrote:First time I listened to KID A was on an advanced tape about 3 days before they played those gigs in Warrington in the tent. I was blown away, especially track 4 (which I later learnt was How to Disappear Completely). The gig was pretty awesome as well. They played Pyramid Song which was to come out an album later (KID B, as some people cruelly referred to it as).
Never really liked them to be honest. Theyre alright in small doses.
Saw them tour The Bends. Absolutely breathtaking. They included the first ever public performance of Karma Police in the set to try it out - it received a lukewarm reception at best. Maybe they should've given up then an' all! :D
May the bridges I burn light your way