Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Shooting in Paris at satirical mag

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Bookmarking it Hobes and others?

Though I prefer this retweeted by mehdi hasan,

""Asking me to condemn the obviously condemnable presumes my basic moral code is in question. I refuse to take part in this." #JeSuisCharlie".
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:23 pm

Prufrock wrote:How is wearing a hijab an insult to free speech - how does that work?
Hiding the face of women in public is a form of censorship. Censorship is an erosion of free speech.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:25 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:from my perspective, some cxnt wearing a hijab in a secular society is an enormous slap in the face of free speech.

some people are just too easily offended... it makes the world a dangerous place.
And you know very well, that was my point
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Prufrock wrote:How is wearing a hijab an insult to free speech - how does that work?
Hiding the face of women in public is a form of censorship. Censorship is an erosion of free speech.
:conf:

I can see that if they're made to wear them, but disagree if they choose to wear them...

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:28 pm

Although that's my last word on free speech.
It wasn't a terrorist attack on free speech... it was Muslims slaughtering people as an act of vengeance to satisfy their poxy religion.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:31 pm

How the feck is it free "speech" anyway?!

I agree it's a limit on freedom of expression if they're forced to wear one, but there seems to be a self-evident contradiction in any proposed solution which involves stopping people wearing them...
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:from my perspective, some cxnt wearing a hijab in a secular society is an enormous slap in the face of free speech.

some people are just too easily offended... it makes the world a dangerous place.
And you know very well, that was my point

you are CLEARLY way too easily offended and angered - if what a woman might choose to wear qualifies her to be labelled a "cxnt" and represents "an enormous slap in the face of free speech".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:38 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Although that's my last word on free speech.
It wasn't a terrorist attack on free speech... it was Muslims slaughtering people as an act of vengeance to satisfy their poxy religion.
It was two people slaughtering others because they're fcking warped.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:23 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Cast your mind back to the original cartoon publication and the mobs of Muslims rioting around the world. Those 27 Pakistani Christians burnt to death on their church, was that just fxcking warped dicks too?...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:26 pm

and Mumbai, and Beslan, and the endless fxclin lists of places all with warped fxckers and a Muslim agenda.
There's non so blind who cannot see.
Go on put never and nowhere on the sweepstake...you'll be wrong about that too
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Cast your mind back to the original cartoon publication and the mobs of Muslims rioting around the world. Those 27 Pakistani Christians burnt to death on their church, was that just fxcking warped dicks too?...
Clearly - yes - it was warped dicks too.

That fact they're parading under a particular banner doesn't alter that.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:37 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:and Mumbai, and Beslan, and the endless fxclin lists of places all with warped fxckers and a Muslim agenda.
so - just to be clear - why call this poor French woman who you (for some reason) assume has been forced to wear a Hijab (and is now forced not to wear it), a "cxnt"? what has she done to deserve that?

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:
Clearly - yes - it was warped dicks too.

That fact they're parading under a particular banner doesn't alter that.
There does appear to be a lot of warped dicks in the world who are slaughtering innocent people because they do not follow the same sky god. It just so happens that the vast majority of these random dicks are Muslim. There are also a lot of other random people who are now happy that these random dicks are murdering innocent people and just by coincidence these other random people are also Muslim.

Look at the list of incidents by random lone wolves at the bottom of this website. These are just the ones from 9th December 2014. Also click on the links from earlier in 2014 and prior years.

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ayaan Hirsi Ali wrote:Tolerance of the intolerance is cowardice.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:22 pm

Try doing a shop in a supermarket or purchasing petrol at a garage with a balaclava or motor bike crash helmet on concealing your face.

How the hell did I put my foot in religion something I try to avoid :conf:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Try doing a shop in a supermarket or purchasing petrol at a garage with a balaclava or motor bike crash helmet on concealing your face.
that doesn't really answer the question, though, does it!

that's basically - "I have to take my helmet off at a garage to pay for my petrol - so why should they get away with wearing hijabs."

fair enough - that's an argument - but absolutely NOTHING to do with free speech!

the question was - "How is wearing a hijab an insult to free speech?"

(just to clarify - is it actually illegal to wear a helmet or a balaclava in a shop in France - as in - by national law?)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 pm

thebish wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
that doesn't really answer the question, though, does it!

that's basically - "I have to take my helmet off at a garage to pay for my petrol - so why should they get away with wearing hijabs."

fair enough - that's an argument - but absolutely NOTHING to do with free speech!

the question was - "How is wearing a hijab an insult to free speech?"

(just to clarify - is it actually illegal to wear a helmet or a balaclava in a shop in France - as in - by national law?)
And I thought for equal rights so was the hijab now.
So what's wrong over here, the PC brigade?
Free speech does not exist at all never really has.
I actually think the cartoons at issue were in bad taste but not something to get slaughtered over.
What heats me up about this whole thing is certain Muslims (and there are a few of them) think it is right to take the law into their own hands about this type of issue, personally I think anyone who seems to hold a mere prophet in higher esteem than their God is a little mixed up to say the least, is Jesus greater than God? :conf:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:18 pm

thebish wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:and Mumbai, and Beslan, and the endless fxclin lists of places all with warped fxckers and a Muslim agenda.
so - just to be clear - why call this poor French woman who you (for some reason) assume has been forced to wear a Hijab (and is now forced not to wear it), a "cxnt"? what has she done to deserve that?
Well... Let's see
Firstly: I was illustrating through bathos and exageration the point that Muslims are over sensitive...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Secondly: I did this by then posting a second post on the thread, which you ignored. You quite often do that... You pick and choose when to attack. You are the most un-Christian so called Christian I've ever come across. You'd do well to convert to Islam. They're fxcking sure of themselves too.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Thirdly: and I cannot overemphasize this - even if I'm as madly overexcited and annoyed and insulted ad You make out, I don't think (let me check) that I've sliced some fxclers head off, or shot dead a cartoonist, or stormed a school and slaughtered the little kiddies whilst sj
shouting "Cxnts in Hijabs" or similar... Correct me if I'm wrong...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
thebish wrote:
Well... Let's see
Firstly: I was illustrating through bathos and exageration the point that Muslims are over sensitive...

I think you are illustrating the point that you are over-sensitive... but I guess that's not really news...

I don't see how calling a Muslim woman a cxnt on a football forum because she chooses to wear something you object to is a good illustration (with or without bathos or exaggeration) of how muslims are over sensitive.

nor do I see how describing a piece of clothing that a woman may choose to wear as "an enormous slap in the face of free speech" illustrates how muslims are over sensitive.