Spotty's Little Known Facts

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Re: Spotty's Little Known Facts

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:38 pm

Hal Cruttenden, the rather camp (but married with two kids .... which seems so unlikely that he includes commenrs about this in his stand-up show) is the (now ex) brother-in-law of Sean Bean.

Imagine that Christmas lunch !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:52 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Hal Cruttenden, the rather camp (but married with two kids .... which seems so unlikely that he includes commenrs about this in his stand-up show) is the (now ex) brother-in-law of Sean Bean.

Hal's a good friend of mine. His two daughters go to school with mine. His sister, Abi was Lady Jane in Sharpe which is why they are (ex) in laws. Abi is also the posh wife of Martin in Benidorm. Well the first two series.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:06 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:Hal Cruttenden, the rather camp (but married with two kids .... which seems so unlikely that he includes commenrs about this in his stand-up show) is the (now ex) brother-in-law of Sean Bean.

Hal's a good friend of mine. His two daughters go to school with mine. His sister, Abi was Lady Jane in Sharpe which is why they are (ex) in laws. Abi is also the posh wife of Martin in Benidorm. Well the first two series.
I'm now relieved I didn't say anything bad !!

I just don't see Hal & Sean spending hours & hours in the boozer talking football.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:09 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

I'm now relieved I didn't say anything bad !!

I just don't see Hal & Sean spending hours & hours in the boozer talking football.
Hal's a QPR 'fan'. I don't think he and Sean had much in common about anything.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:05 pm

From one spot in Bolton in one panoramic view you can quite clearly see Trinity Church, the Parish Church, Bolton Town Hall, Winter Hill and the TV mast. Needs a nice clear day like today, and the one spot..? Sainsburys car park...and very attractive it all looked too. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:23 pm

The city of Seattle in the U.S.A was named after a native American tribal Chief called.....Seattle... :|

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Might be little known because it was back in my time. Found this pic, made me laugh.Dedicated followers of fashion. :D
Steam Packet once appeared at the Cromwellian Club on Bank Street (later Maxwell's Plum) in Bolton. (about 1960?) Group were Rod Stewart, Long John Baldry, Julie Driscoll and Brian Auger (later Trinity).

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:12 pm

^ you can see why he was called Long John in that photo. Also, it's quite obvious that Julie wasn't going 'steady' as she had no-one to ask the classic "what's this dress look like?" [ - bloody awful, love, change into yon miniskirt there's a dear]
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:The city of Seattle in the U.S.A was named after a native American tribal Chief called.....Seattle... :|
Quite a few North American cities are named after native American tribes or person. For example Pontiac, Michigan was named after Chief Pontiac of the Ottawa tribe. Two for one! Names like Tuscaloosa pretty much have to be named after native Americans.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:18 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:The city of Seattle in the U.S.A was named after a native American tribal Chief called.....Seattle... :|
Quite a few North American cities are named after native American tribes or person. For example Pontiac, Michigan was named after Chief Pontiac of the Ottawa tribe. Two for one! Names like Tuscaloosa pretty much have to be named after native Americans.

Saskatchewan and Milwaukee always spring to mind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

There's a place called Pocahontas. Somewhere around the Virgina, Carolina states. I forget which.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:51 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:56 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

Exactly what I had in mind. :grin:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:09 pm

Haha! I wondered.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:07 pm

Ebola.
Second doctor to die in the present outbreak and it has been confirmed that another two doctors have come down with Ebola. Are we getting worried yet - nah, course not.
And yet, with the worst outbreak ever, since ebola hemorraghic fever was discovered, for the first time the disease has crossed into yet another country with Nigeria recording its first case (and coincidentally its first death) to become the fourth country it has infected this year.
Totals so far:
Guinea - 319 dead, 427 cases
Sierra Leone - 224 dead, 525 cases
Liberia - 129 dead, 249 cases
Nigeria - 1 dead, 1 case

But it is being fought and a successful campaign it is too, of course. Sorry, think again - here is a graph of total cases and deaths in this outbreak:

As you can quite clearly see, the number of case are rising, not falling.
And here's another thing, these are just the official figures of those that have been tested. Two counties (Bong and Nimba) within Liberia, and two countries (Mali and Guinea) probably have much higher case and death rates, but the local government doesn't countenance the idea that an epidemic is taking place, with Mali denying the existence of the disease within its borders and both Mali and Guinea denying the WHO access to their patient data.
As Mali denies the disease's existence within its borders and fights against WHO pleas to gain admittance, all it requires is for one case to get into the insurgent controlled north of the country and the southern Sahel (with its lack of government control and multitude of armed gangs belligerent to western ideas (including medicine)) will become the new hotbed of the most deadly disease known to mankind.
Batten down the hatches, move to an area where sheep are plentiful, stock up on drinking water, and find out where Hoboh lives so we can raid his gun cabinet.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:18 pm

I thought ebola was too deadly to be considered pandemic-worthy?

(yes i know too deadly sounds stupid, i mean that it kills to quickly to spread too fast)
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:20 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:I thought ebola was too deadly to be considered pandemic-worthy?

(yes i know too deadly sounds stupid, i mean that it kills to quickly to spread too fast)
But don't symptoms only develop a couple of weeks after catching it? I could see how it might spread quite quickly if that was the case.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:27 pm

Yes, incubation is between 2 and 21 days - this version appears to be about on the order of 15 days - which is bad news. It also appears to ahave a lethal rate of 75%, even with medical care, which is worse news as 60% in all the other outbreaks so far.
The fact medics are dying, 2 doctors and 11 nurses dead afurther 2 doctors and four nurses recently infected, is even worse.
Believe me it isn't too deadly to go pandemic, it's just deadly enough.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:32 pm

Is Ebola the one where your arse falls out?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Is Ebola the one where your arse falls out?
nah, that's errr arse-falling out fever. Ebola's the one where you bleed to death from everywhere, internal organs, eyes, ears, arse, skin - you name it, you bleed from it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください