Which Famous People have you met

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Which Famous People have you met

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:47 pm

Sent an email to the Methodist church down the bottom from me about me turning up. I just want to try and make head or tail of the whole fecking thing. They've not replied! :(
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Sent an email to the Methodist church down the bottom from me about me turning up. I just want to try and make head or tail of the whole fecking thing. They've not replied! :(
is this on the right thread?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:54 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Sent an email to the Methodist church down the bottom from me about me turning up. I just want to try and make head or tail of the whole fecking thing. They've not replied! :(
Well, the bikini clad bird on the backing card for pub nuts is apparently from round here somewhere, so maybe. But yeah, you're right.

Maybe someday we can chat, though?

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Oh, and Eartha Kitt.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:Oh, and Eartha Kitt.
Who?!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:16 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:
Well, the bikini clad bird on the backing card for pub nuts is apparently from round here somewhere, so maybe. But yeah, you're right.

i'd be happy to!

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Who?!
The original Cat Woman from the Sixties TV series of Batman and a bit of a sex bomb in her day.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Who?!
oh - sometimes I despair!! 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IfGBQ-T_GY

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:32 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

i'd be happy to!
Cool. You know you're welcome here anytime?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:45 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
thebish wrote:

Off Big Ds? Rosie, the game-looking Brunette, or the frankly filthy-looking one from the Chili nuts, known only as 'Dominant'?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:25 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:I've met surprisingly few given my advancing years.

Stu Francis
Ian Gillan
Liz Yelling
Terry Alderton
Vernon Kay and Tess Daley
Lenora Critchlow

Not massive names but all of them happy to chat for a couple of minutes, apart from Stu Francis who told me to f*ck off.
Sorry GtE, but that bit makes me snigger each time that I read it.

Wayne Foster gave me a BWFC pen after a Junior Whites quiz and said that I must always be fighting, as I had a 'skinhead'.

I once had to apologise to Per Frandsen. My daughter was on the swings at Moss Bank Park, when his daughter ran in front of them, receiving a kick to the head. He was too busy eating his ice lolly with Bo Hansen and Claus Jensen.

When I say famous...... :roll:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:12 pm

On the 'Rosie from the peanut card' theme .... here's one I didn't know ....

While at Uni, I was one of a bunch who met most days at lunch or after lectures. We'd informally come to the habit of each buying a different paper & so we swapped them about & so we all got to see the full range. (I used to get the Grauniad. Odd, as I literally can't read the thing now).

So, one morning I sat on a bus & noticed another passenger with The Sun. On P3 was a comely wench who appeared to have lost her shirt & br, poor thing. She was called Kelly, aged 20 (odd surname) and was from Bolton.

When the gang met later I faked a double-take when one guy opened The Sun to page 3. I exclaimed that "bloody hell, she looks like an ex of mine" .... the rest is predictable & I basked in the glory of having an ex who was a P3 model for quite some time.

In fact, I'm not sure I ever owned up.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:21 am

Met Casey Affleck (Good Will Hunting, American Pie and Ben Afflecks brother) yesterday. Also met some WWE wrestlers within the last few days who are probably not known to many of you (Matt Striker, Prince Albert/Giant Bernard and Dean Malenko).
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:16 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Met Casey Affleck (Good Will Hunting, American Pie and Ben Afflecks brother) yesterday. Also met some WWE wrestlers within the last few days who are probably not known to many of you (Matt Striker, Prince Albert/Giant Bernard and Dean Malenko).
Not seen that, it any good?
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

hbk4894
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hbk4894 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:28 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Met Casey Affleck (Good Will Hunting, American Pie and Ben Afflecks brother) yesterday. Also met some WWE wrestlers within the last few days who are probably not known to many of you (Matt Striker, Prince Albert/Giant Bernard and Dean Malenko).
yeah i know the wrestlers.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:05 pm

Knew a couple of wrestlers personally, Keith and Gerry Martinelli (wrestled as brothers but were un-related). Lew Faulkner was landlord at the Top Bull on Bury Road and I got served many a time by him and his two sons, Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal. The Wryton Stadium on Bridge Street was a regular venue for TV wrestling shows. Bobo Matu was a doorman on our local club/dive, in my teens and twenties.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:24 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Not seen that, it any good?
No, it's shit. Just like your joke.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Knew a couple of wrestlers personally, Keith and Gerry Martinelli (wrestled as brothers but were un-related). Lew Faulkner was landlord at the Top Bull on Bury Road and I got served many a time by him and his two sons, Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal. The Wryton Stadium on Bridge Street was a regular venue for TV wrestling shows. Bobo Matu was a doorman on our local club/dive, in my teens and twenties.
Bert & Vic were my dad's cousins. Always nice guys.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:32 am

bobo the clown wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Knew a couple of wrestlers personally, Keith and Gerry Martinelli (wrestled as brothers but were un-related). Lew Faulkner was landlord at the Top Bull on Bury Road and I got served many a time by him and his two sons, Vic Faulkner and Bert Royal. The Wryton Stadium on Bridge Street was a regular venue for TV wrestling shows. Bobo Matu was a doorman on our local club/dive, in my teens and twenties.
Bert & Vic were my dad's cousins. Always nice guys.
Very true. Back in those days "celebrities" had to have actually done something to deserve the title. Not that most of them even thought much about it. Wrestling was just another job to earn a few extra bob. I played golf quite a lot at Deane with Albert Aspen, a Bolton wrestler who got a medal in the Olympics. He was as down to earth as fish and chips and was a roofer in daily life, and one of the nicest blokes you could imagine.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:10 pm

The Wryton 'Stadium' was a real craphole, wasn't it?