Boston Marathon hit by explosions

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Boston Marathon hit by explosions

Post by americantrotter » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Now apparently Kyrgyzstan not Kazakhstan. Pardonable error.
Mixing your Kyrgyzys up with your Kazakhs, Monty. I'm surprised at you.
Not me, CNN.
is it really pardonable for CNN to mix up two countries?
CNN has been God Awful this whole time. Almost useless really. A fall from grace is complete.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

americantrotter wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wandering Willy wrote: I'll respond with "go feck yourself".
I'll take the ban if deemed necessary but I'm not having that.
Being able to use "go feck yourself" and "if deemed necessary" in the same post you are excused a flogging. :wink:

Think you both got a little bit mixed up somewhere in the thread. Admit it, shake hands and get on hey?
Happy to do that.
As am I.
Good stuff both of you. On with it... :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

americantrotter wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:Now apparently Kyrgyzstan not Kazakhstan. Pardonable error.
Mixing your Kyrgyzys up with your Kazakhs, Monty. I'm surprised at you.
Not me, CNN.
is it really pardonable for CNN to mix up two countries?
CNN has been God Awful this whole time. Almost useless really. A fall from grace is complete.
Not sure grace could have ever been used in the same sentence with CNN, but yes they have fallen even further down the toilet. Mind you it does help keep the Daily Show and Colbert Report going, although FOX is their biggest contributor.

Presently an Uncle of the boys is being interviewed, and he doesn't seem to like that side of the family very much. Loser seems to be his favourite word. Oh but he did admit they are Chechnyan.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:57 pm

As long as they're Muslims I think we can all sleep soundly. Preferably dead ones, and then there won't be any tricky questions later.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:As long as they're Muslims I think we can all sleep soundly. Preferably dead ones, and then there won't be any tricky questions later.
They'll be Muslim alright. Without a doubt. None whatsoever.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:As long as they're Muslims I think we can all sleep soundly. Preferably dead ones, and then there won't be any tricky questions later.
Well the Uncle is. He's already confirmed that is the case.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:41 pm

seanworth wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Well the Uncle is. He's already confirmed that is the case.
Any Turkic person called Tamerlan is almost bound to be named after Tamerlane or Timur the Lame. That in itself defines the family of having fundamentalist Islamic roots. It's the equivalent of parents here naming their newborn Thatcher in coming weeks, it would mark them out as rabid Tories quicker than branding would.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:46 pm

I have what used to be friends. They are Austrian. They had twins and named them Adolf & Eva. We weren't friends for much longer after that, and indeed, despite other friends trying to assure me that Adolf and Eva were good Austrian names, it has turned out that they are fascist anti-Semitic arseholes. I'm surprised after 9/11 the Americans didn't notice Tamerlan!!!!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Chechnya, that is where they videoed cutting off that Russian soldiers head and other atrocities.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:40 pm

In fairness L.L, the world's full of people sharing the same Christian names as bad guys and lots of them are heroes and heroines. There's even a couple of St Adlofs' (from Athalwolfe as I'm certain you know).
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 pm

jaffka wrote:Chechnya, that is where they videoed cutting off that Russian soldiers head and other atrocities.
It's where they executed school children.

Anyway, it's not these two .... the secret services have fitted them up.

Their dad says that, from somewhere weird.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:00 pm

Bit disappointing, I’d have thought CNN would have had Headshot Cam ™ by now.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:09 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:In fairness L.L, the world's full of people sharing the same Christian names as bad guys and lots of them are heroes and heroines. There's even a couple of St Adlofs' (from Athalwolfe as I'm certain you know).
They were TWINS Tango. Adolf & Eva. FFS. Austrians. Think about it, and then ask yourself why.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:52 pm

It's like any right minded Roman whose Cognomen was Brutus would think twice about giving the nomen of Iunius to their child after the assassination of Caesar. It's shocking, I know, but I'd be pissed off if the CIA didn't track any who had entered the USA called Osama born after 9/11
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:20 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
depends who makes it, surely... I wouldn't expect a professional news agency to make that kind of error, or the FBI... would calling Canadians "American" be equally pardonable? ;-)
I was of course jesting about the possibility of 99% of US citizens knowing the difference. I suppose Canadians are American to the extent Scots are British. The US should not monopolize an entire continent (two according to some) to describe their little part of it.
I tried that VERY argument on my Canadian brother-in-Law - he was not in the LEAST bit receptive (to say the least) to being called American - in the continent sense! :-)
Yes, but isn't he the redneck from Alberta... (though to be fair we tend to call ourselves North Americans, not Americans)?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

seanworth
Icon
Icon

Post by seanworth » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:31 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
thebish wrote:
depends who makes it, surely... I wouldn't expect a professional news agency to make that kind of error, or the FBI... would calling Canadians "American" be equally pardonable? ;-)
I was of course jesting about the possibility of 99% of US citizens knowing the difference. I suppose Canadians are American to the extent Scots are British. The US should not monopolize an entire continent (two according to some) to describe their little part of it.
I tried that VERY argument on my Canadian brother-in-Law - he was not in the LEAST bit receptive (to say the least) to being called American - in the continent sense! :-)
Yes, but isn't he the redneck from Alberta... (though to be fair we tend to call ourselves North Americans, not Americans)?
Maybe it's because Albertans or at least Calgarians might as well be Americans. :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:37 pm

seanworth wrote: Maybe it's because Albertans or at least Calgarians might as well be Americans. :wink:
Actually, in my many travels across Canada I have found the view that Canada should become one of the United States is always most prevalent in Alberta.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
seanworth wrote: Maybe it's because Albertans or at least Calgarians might as well be Americans. :wink:
Actually, in my many travels across Canada I have found the view that Canada should become one of the United States is always most prevalent in Alberta.
hang on... above you seemed to be suggesting that it is no surprise that an Albertan should object to being called American...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:47 pm

thebish wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
hang on... above you seemed to be suggesting that it is no surprise that an Albertan should object to being called American...
No, while the sentiment is most prevalent there it represents a great minority. This was highest in 2002 (according to Leger Marketing) but by 2004 it was down to 7% (possibly the Bush factor). 25% of Quebecers want to be an independent country, and there are people in BC who wish independence. Ontario could go it alone. If Canada broke yp it would not be surprising that either the prairies or Maritimes would want to join the US. At the moment, the vast majority of Canadians, including Albertans would not wish to join the US. Yet, perhaps you should ask you BiL whether he prefers to be called a Canadian or an Albertan. :wink:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:55 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
No, while the sentiment is most prevalent there it represents a great minority. This was highest in 2002 (according to Leger Marketing) but by 2004 it was down to 7% (possibly the Bush factor). 25% of Quebecers want to be an independent country, and there are people in BC who wish independence. Ontario could go it alone. If Canada broke yp it would not be surprising that either the prairies or Maritimes would want to join the US. At the moment, the vast majority of Canadians, including Albertans would not wish to join the US. Yet, perhaps you should ask you BiL whether he prefers to be called a Canadian or an Albertan. :wink:
nahhhh... there has to be a very good reason for me to talk to the b-in-l - this doesn't qualify!!