NYE plans?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

NYE plans?

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:22 pm

Got any plans? I always used to find it an anti climax, and really rubbish. So three years ago, after a bad trip up to Newcastle, i decided to do something completely random and it has worked from there.

Last year - rented a picturesque cottage in wales, next to a steam train railway!
2yr ago - Rang up Holiday Inn at 2pm, asked them for the first vacant hotel room in the nearest city to Bolton. Night out in Leeds and it was pretty good.

This Year - Strange one, but i got my G'friend to flick open a book on a random page, the first letter on that page, we had to go to a town/city beginning with that letter. The letter was 'A' So its a choice between Aberdeen and Aberystwyth, Aberystwyth it is, booking into a nice b&b on sunday morning, going pony trekking in the day, and going to somewhere lively at night! Should be good,

What you got planned.................
Stay up

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:32 pm

Spent the last two New Years Eve's (plus this one) at Hawker Sidley Social in Farnworth. Ticket only, no idiots, comfortable, always good entertainment and dancing and the drinks are cheap. Ticket? £8.

Mate of mine tried to book into his local club in Manchester, got asked £49. Course there was a meal included, but there's still drinks on top of that. Add to that, triple fare taxis. Total rip-off IMO.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:33 pm

I'm travelling down to Brighton to see Daxter.

I have a gun.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:35 pm

Going to the in-laws.

Her cousin has got one of those Wii things so I'll be reet.

I'll try not to repeat NYE 2005 when I drank 3 bottles of vintage red wine and threw up over the new white carpet. :oops:

Gravedigger
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Gravedigger » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:43 pm

Got a nice long break so very intimate with a bottle of Talisker, nice accompanying nosh, couple of dances with Missus Gravedigger and a night down her sister's pub should see 2007 in with ease. :pissed:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make up its own mind.

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:44 pm

Batman wrote:Going to the in-laws.

Her cousin has got one of those Wii things so I'll be reet.

I'll try not to repeat NYE 2005 when I drank 3 bottles of vintage red wine and threw up over the new white carpet. :oops:
I can only imagine, a mate of mine did something similar with his ten pound pint.

Ten Pound Pint; On yer birthday you have to drink the maddest of concocktions which must cost over a tenner and fill a pint glass. Obvously the money is supplied by the guest usually by walking round a bar with the said pint pot, asking people to donate.
Stay up

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:10 pm

NYE is probably the most overrated night of the year if you go out.. House parties are where it's at. Even then though they're not much different to normal house parties...
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:13 pm

NYE in the past hasn't been a major party for our lot, christmas eve is the biggy.

This year is going to kick ass though, we have rented out two lodges in lincolnshire to hold all 12 of us. It's by the side of a lake with a golf course.

We are going down on saturday, going out at night for a meal and a few drinky poo's.

Then NYE eve is party in the lodge time an watch the fireworks the park owners are setting off.

Should be awesome!
Last edited by keveh on Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:29 pm

All 2 of you?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:31 pm

Batman wrote:All 2 of you?
Yes, Keveh and his goatee!! :mrgreen:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:34 pm

oops, 12

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Dec 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Going back to Virginia to do the Christmas thing with my folks. Have to fly back at 8AM NY day. Should be a great time though, my sister and fellow Wanderer fan will be home too. Will get pissed with the family for a weekend, and get to listen to a match with my sis and my dad.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:35 pm

Down to my mates, they live in a sleepy Derbyshire village. The village boozer always puts on a bit of a New Years bash. Furthermore, it serves a sensational pint of Pedigree. :drink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:17 pm

I might just wander along to Anfield seeing as there's tickets on the gate. Mind you, after last season's game... :zzz:

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:05 pm

Not much a doin' I'm afraid, what with lil' Bench tucked up in bed and their being a sudden desertion of babysitters (including grandparents) on NYE. So we're stuck in doors, which is no real shame as nearly every other NYE we've had as been one monumental let down - there's too much pressure to have a 'wild ol' time', as the kids say down on the street.

Anyway, we're having my younger bro and his fiance, and a couple of the neighbours (who also have kids) round for a few games, some music, nibbles and plenty of the owd alchoholic beverage (three bottles of whiskey, two bottles of port, ten bottles of wine (5 red and 5 white) and four boxes of 24 x Grolsh). Should be a fine ol' evenin.

You know where its at.
Smarties have answers.....

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Dec 28, 2006 9:20 pm

and will the naked santa be in his grotto?? :wink:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:57 pm

A quiet one for me, just myself and wife. Mind you it's been like that for a few years now and I often don't bother staying up to see in the new year.

Years ago, when we were courting, we'd drive down to Sydney Harbour for the Father Time changeover. In those days it was little known that a few fireworks were set off and - the most incredible and almost eerie thing - just about every large boat moored around the various docks and piers (cruise ships, tankers, freighters and you name it) activated their hooters/klaxons/horns. It used to send shivers up my spine; absolutely fantastic.

These days though it's turned into a huge commercial effort with all the advertising hyperbole and television coverage attracting hundreds of thousands of people to the harbour foreshore. I don't go anymore. Perhaps I'll watch the fireworks on the tube, perhaps I'll just go to bed after a few wines. Yes, Christmas and family beats the new year hands down.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:34 pm

House party. hopefully better than last year when all but 2 people called on new yrs eve itself and couldn't make it 'cos of the snow...always been an anti climax for me 'cept for the odd one...

hughesy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by hughesy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:27 am

got a poker table and chips and shit for xmas.

all round mine for poker night N Y E
Andy walker yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees that man Andy Andy. what a man what a scotsman

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:28 am

I have plans to get shedded!! Where and how is yet to be advised....