F*ck me we won another game.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

F*ck me we won another game.

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 am

Last edited by superjohnmcginlay on Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:01 pm

I suppose they'll all get knighted now :roll:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:10 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I suppose they'll all get knighted now :roll:
knighted, i've got Monty down for next PM

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:24 pm

Oh its the Australian "Let them win a game to stop them sulking" strategy, or the "We would rather play England than NZ so we had better let England beat us" comlex. There is no other logical or realistic reason for England to beat Australia.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:35 pm

FaninOz wrote:Oh its the Australian "Let them win a game to stop them sulking" strategy, or the "We would rather play England than NZ so we had better let England beat us" comlex. There is no other logical or realistic reason for England to beat Australia.
Who's bloody side are you on!!! :D

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:01 pm

I must admit the thought had crossed my mind, FaninOz. Mind you the Australians were without Ponting (captain and more than competent batsman) due to 'hip injury' and Brett Lee (frighteningly fast bowler and lower end willow wielder) who was 'rested' plus Andrew Symonds injured just as he was getting under way. Lee's replacement was Tait - a debutant - who was rather expensive (9 wides in his spell and 68 runs conceded).

Mind you, Panesar was belted around the ground for similar figures and picked up just the one wicket to Tait's two.

Nevertheless, England were due a little bit of luck and Gilchrist, first ball, and then Hodge departing with just four runs on the board must have lifted the team's spirits somewhat. They still must beat New Zealand next Tuesday (I think) though to make it an England v Australia final. Given the performances to date I wouldn't be putting money on it.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:39 pm

The idea that they let us win is nonsense. It's about time you accepted defeat. Australians really don't like it up them, like Symonds having a hissy fit because Nixon had the sheer audacity to sledge him, and even throw the ball at the wickets. It's not like Australia do that is it?

Besides, can you imagine Buchanan going up to McGrath pre game and saying 'Dya mind losing this one mate?'.

Very good performance by England. But i wouldn't be shocked to see us get hammered by NZ on Tuesday, such is the way the side is at the moment. Both sides are just playing for the honour of being beaten thrice by Australia anyway.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:01 am

Settle down, Tom, no offence meant and certainly no seriousness in the 'play to lose' comment. Oh yes, enough of this 'you' nonsense too. I've lived in this country long enough to be inured to patriotism when it comes to England/Australia contests. I tend to follow the underdog - in this case, given the team's abject performances this season - it's England. Well, the three lions anyway.

Should Australia play England at football then I'll wish the Aussies all the best. If you don't like my attitude then you can lump it, old bean.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:56 am

Dujon wrote:I must admit the thought had crossed my mind, FaninOz. Mind you the Australians were without Ponting (captain and more than competent batsman) due to 'hip injury' and Brett Lee (frighteningly fast bowler and lower end willow wielder) who was 'rested' plus Andrew Symonds injured just as he was getting under way. Lee's replacement was Tait - a debutant - who was rather expensive (9 wides in his spell and 68 runs conceded).

Mind you, Panesar was belted around the ground for similar figures and picked up just the one wicket to Tait's two.

Nevertheless, England were due a little bit of luck and Gilchrist, first ball, and then Hodge departing with just four runs on the board must have lifted the team's spirits somewhat. They still must beat New Zealand next Tuesday (I think) though to make it an England v Australia final. Given the performances to date I wouldn't be putting money on it.
You do Ponting a dis-service , He is probably the best batsman in the world at the moment and will go down in history as one of the finest players ever. Just look at his immaculate record in both forms of the game.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:03 pm

daxter15 wrote:
Dujon wrote:I must admit the thought had crossed my mind, FaninOz. Mind you the Australians were without Ponting (captain and more than competent batsman) due to 'hip injury' and Brett Lee (frighteningly fast bowler and lower end willow wielder) who was 'rested' plus Andrew Symonds injured just as he was getting under way. Lee's replacement was Tait - a debutant - who was rather expensive (9 wides in his spell and 68 runs conceded).

You do Ponting a dis-service , He is probably the best batsman in the world at the moment and will go down in history as one of the finest players ever. Just look at his immaculate record in both forms of the game.
Berlecks.

There are more teams playing cricket at the moment than Australia, England and New Zealand.

Graham Smith is on form for South Africa against Pakistan, and in India there are some massive scores being racked up. The only reason Ponting gets the plaudits is cos he plays for Australia. Hell, I would look good playing for Australia!

Anyhoo, Mike Hussey is the better batsman on form atm.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:37 pm

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:31 pm

daxter15 wrote:LOOK AT PONTING'S RECORD.
I'd rather look at his Great Granfather's.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:40 pm

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/austral ... /7133.html
So you go from saying at the moment, then go and post his career stats?

Tendulkar, Ghambir, Smith, Hussey, Symonds IMO are all better batsmen. Ponting plays across the line too much early in his innings.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:01 pm

Daxter, old mate, buddy, pal. As you progress along the career path of journalism you will learn more and more about the use of words and phrases. In the case of that you highlighted it was deliberate understatement and directed to those who have at least a basic knowledge of cricket. Please don't get your nose out of joint over this, it's not that important and meant as advice rather than criticism. Pax?

Whether or not Ponting is the best batsman in the world is one of those arguments which can keep a pub table going all evening and one in which I am unlikely to participate as I am not all that familiar with many of other countries' player's exploits. I doubt that he is. Hoolio is correct in stating that he (Ponting) can be rather shaky early in an innings. I will allow the fact that he does have a record though of converting 50s to 100s at pretty decent yes/no ratio - look at the statistics you posted.

Ne'er mind, he banged out another ton last night (probably as well he did) to help overtake a pretty good Kiwi score.

I'm not a particularly keen student of the pyjama game but it will be interesting to see the result of tomorrow's Kiwi v Lions game.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:29 pm

Tend to agree Dujon - Test cricket should ALWAYS be the Holy Grail of a cricketers career. Something England have been lacking - we were ranked 3rd bottom last time I checked. With the World Cup coming up, I can see England going out before the Super 6's yet again. Test cricket should always be what a player looks forward to and to an extent probably still is. Nothing like arriving at Riverside (Durham) at half 8 in the morning waiting for England to take to the field to play Bangladesh. But its all about entertainment these days and the one-day game offers this. I shouldn't complain - I think 20/20 is great. Even if Durham are crap at it.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:23 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
I'd rather look at his Great Granfather's.
:lol:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:28 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket ... efault.stm

Bit closer this one, but it looked like we were gonna lose at one point.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:31 am

Pretty good revival in the middle it looked all over after 30 overs with Flemming at full pelt!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:40 am

David Lee's Hair wrote:Pretty good revival in the middle it looked all over after 30 overs with Flemming at full pelt!
Sounds nasty!