Your views on.....

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Your views on.....

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:11 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:13 pm

Perhaps we could exterminate 6.6 million Scallies to sort this land out.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:34 pm

I think it was in this forum that someone pointed out that making comparisons of anything with Nazi Germany was the last refuge of someone who has lost an argument (or something quite similar). Without attempting to justify the British authorities actions or even the suspension of habeas corpus, the comparison is ludicrous and facile. The "War on Terror" should never be construed as an attack on all Muslims - I speak as one who opposes this "war" and things like racial profiling, Guantonemo Bay, etc. I dislike American and British foreign policy at the moment. Nonetheless the comparison with Nazi germany is stupid,
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:49 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I think it was in this forum that someone pointed out that making comparisons of anything with Nazi Germany was the last refuge of someone who has lost an argument (or something quite similar). Without attempting to justify the British authorities actions or even the suspension of habeas corpus, the comparison is ludicrous and facile. The "War on Terror" should never be construed as an attack on all Muslims - I speak as one who opposes this "war" and things like racial profiling, Guantonemo Bay, etc. I dislike American and British foreign policy at the moment. Nonetheless the comparison with Nazi germany is stupid,
Whats foreign about a group aiming to kidnap, humiliate and slowly saw off the head of a Muslim who joined the British Forces? These wankers live in Britain as does the soldier!

How long before they start on all British forces? Kidnapping them out of their own homes, humilating them on tape, before carrying out the most evil action since the burning on the stake IN BRITAIN!. This is no longer foreign, it's now here, and so are to groups willing, and aiming to carry it out. Anyone who cannot see were this is heading is simply living their current life in complete ignorance!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:59 pm

looked at the link.
But I couldn`t take him serious as he`s obviously wearing a syrup.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:15 pm

I have decided to emigrate to Saudi Arabia (or maybe some other muslim country) and spread the Catholic faith.
I will (of course) be demanding the right to build a Catholic Church in the middle of the most densly populated area of the main city. (Next to a Mosque)
I will then demand the right to build more Catholic churches in every town and city in the country.
Inside these churches only Catholics will be allowed.
They will preach and learn the Catholic faith.
They will, of coarse, drink alcohol. (Red wine being the blood of Christ)
Anyone daring to speak against the Catholic faith will be branded Racist and a religious bigot, and will be taken to court and prosicuted accordingly.
We will then claim the right to defend our beliefs with bloodshed against these evil racist heathens.
We will die for our faith and take with us these none believers.
We will take to the streets and protest against these people who are against us.

Sound familiar ???????????

Would I stand a chance or would I be stoned to death at the first suggestion of such an idea ????

Not a racist post I can Assure you.
Just a thought of what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:18 pm

Porrohman wrote:looked at the link.
But I couldn`t take him serious as he`s obviously wearing a syrup.
That's the first thing that I picked up on too! :shock:

Have another look, I reckon that his beard's actually a chin-strap.

If it is then perhaps someone might just pull it tight when he's not expecting it. That way, if he can't open his mouth then he can't come out with his brain-dead conjecture.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:20 pm

What concerns me most about this sort of thing (apart from the guy's dodgy syrup) is the policy of public preaching on every issue. If this guy feels he has a genuine case, why not take it up at political level direct, instead of such blatant inciting of public opinion and obvious support seeking amongst Muslims? Why not appeal his case to all the British public isnstead of preaching in mosques? What is the point of a legal (of which the police force is a major arm) system that isn't allowed to do its job. Unless the investigation is conducted within our country's laws, and without outside pressures or interference, where is the "fairness" principle? If the accused are found innocent, then they will be freed. I find it hard to believe they were arrested for no reason in the first place.

I am also a little wary of the fact that anything that even touches on racial issues, even something as lunatic as sensationalist TV (read the Big Brother type shows) could have people protesting with such venom and burning effigies in the street. Equality and people of different religious values living peacefully side-by-side does not mean one faction having all its own way to the extent of questioning the law or anything they don't like on threat of "backlash" on religious grounds. There is something more than a little disturbing about all this. A good time for the government to stop being so prissy-cautios and watching its p's and q's. The law is the law, as it is quick to remind us. If so, then it should be upheld and this guy told so in no uncertain manner. Preaching "Hitlerism" and "police-states" is little different to BNP policy in reverse.

All in my opinion.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:28 pm

davroduk wrote:I have decided to emigrate to Saudi Arabia (or maybe some other muslim country) and spread the Catholic faith.
I will (of course) be demanding the right to build a Catholic Church in the middle of the most densly populated area of the main city. (Next to a Mosque)
I will then demand the right to build more Catholic churches in every town and city in the country.
Inside these churches only Catholics will be allowed.
They will preach and learn the Catholic faith.
They will, of coarse, drink alcohol. (Red wine being the blood of Christ)
Anyone daring to speak against the Catholic faith will be branded Racist and a religious bigot, and will be taken to court and prosicuted accordingly.
We will then claim the right to defend our beliefs with bloodshed against these evil racist heathens.
We will die for our faith and take with us these none believers.
We will take to the streets and protest against these people who are against us.

Sound familiar ???????????

Would I stand a chance or would I be stoned to death at the first suggestion of such an idea ????

Not a racist post I can Assure you.
Just a thought of what would happen if the shoe was on the other foot.
One of the very best posts I have ever read on this site!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:28 pm

Sorry, Sotwa, I was just giving my bias in terms of broad policy - I have nothing against prosecuting terrorists to the fullest extent of the law - whether British or foreign. Suspension of civil liberties should not be taken lightly and may be necessary - but people should get charged or set free within a reasonable time, or we are on a slippery slope. I was just trying to say that even with these suspensions of liberty there is no possible or meaningful analogy with Nazi germany.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:47 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Sorry, Sotwa, I was just giving my bias in terms of broad policy - I have nothing against prosecuting terrorists to the fullest extent of the law - whether British or foreign. Suspension of civil liberties should not be taken lightly and may be necessary - but people should get charged or set free within a reasonable time, or we are on a slippery slope. I was just trying to say that even with these suspensions of liberty there is no possible or meaningful analogy with Nazi germany.
Please don't take my post as a personal attack on your views Monty. I was simply bringing out the fact that this battle, whether just or wrong is no longer just being fought on the other side of the planet. If unchecked this could become a breeding retaliation within our own country.

Remember, when we first deployed armed forces over to Northern Ireland, it was to help the RUC protect the Cathorlic community within Northern Ireland. We have done much the same here, and this now holds the same threat of blowing up in our faces (no pun believe me!) as that did. Only if unchecked and dealt with quickly much much worse!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:49 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:Sorry, Sotwa, I was just giving my bias in terms of broad policy - I have nothing against prosecuting terrorists to the fullest extent of the law - whether British or foreign. Suspension of civil liberties should not be taken lightly and may be necessary - but people should get charged or set free within a reasonable time, or we are on a slippery slope. I was just trying to say that even with these suspensions of liberty there is no possible or meaningful analogy with Nazi germany.
But it might be well to remember Monty, that terrorism is the charge, not Muslimism; something our preacher friend seems to want to overlook as the main issue. Comparing Muslims in millennium England to Jews in Second World War Germany is going a tad far in it's zeal, think you not? Provocative, to say the least.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:14 pm

To the best of my knowledge, no Jewish person ever detonated a suicide bomb to kill innocent Germans, or took to the streets proclaiming death to Western society. :conf:

Or has the Muslim extremism of recent years been a government invention too?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:30 pm

Oh Davrod, the Catholic Church has already done most of that its history. It has ridden rough-shod over peoples in countries around the world, kidnapped children it claimed as its own, slaughtered jews and muslims and made itself incredibly rich.

This particular idiot in the link has shown up his own bigotry with his comments. Abrahamic religions teach bigotry and intolerance, so what can you expect from a leader of one of these faiths?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:33 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:To the best of my knowledge, no Jewish person ever detonated a suicide bomb to kill innocent Germans, or took to the streets proclaiming death to Western society. :conf:

Or has the Muslim extremism of recent years been a government invention too?
The point exactly. The Jews were guilty of nothing except not conforming to a clone pattern of Ayran imagination. That's what makes the statement so ludicrous. This guy's way is not the way to go.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:37 pm

A fact often pointed out is that the worst, cruellest and bloodiest wars in the history of mankind have been caused in the name of religion.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:42 pm

Batman wrote:A fact often pointed out is that the worst, cruellest and bloodiest wars in the history of mankind have been caused in the name of religion.
A point that has been reasonably well rehearsed round these parts, I think. It's very unhealthy for people to think that they owe a higher duty to a paranormal entity than that they owe to their fellow human beings.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:04 pm

communistworkethic wrote:Oh Davrod, the Catholic Church has already done most of that its history. It has ridden rough-shod over peoples in countries around the world, kidnapped children it claimed as its own, slaughtered jews and muslims and made itself incredibly rich.

This particular idiot in the link has shown up his own bigotry with his comments. Abrahamic religions teach bigotry and intolerance, so what can you expect from a leader of one of these faiths?
Say what, let's drag the topic away from the article, let's twist the context and have a swipe at the Catholics, and get another religious argument under way. What a great idea. No thanks.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:15 pm

I think he has a point, mi'sell.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:17 pm

I'm assuming Tango is a Catholic.........