I got a BNP letter through the post

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

I got a BNP letter through the post

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:32 pm

.......arguing about the Islamification of Fulwood. :oops:

It is so poorly written, with stupid illogical arguments and is just a vile racist piece of literature.

THEN

Checked under the bill (boo) and there was a letter from the Preston Council asking voters to ignore said letter and bin them!

This country! :whack:

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:38 pm

I remember the last time I got one, it had a picture of Nick Griffin with his family and the writing 'OUR DAD IS NOT A RACIST' over it. Pretty funny really, seeing what he said at that 'secret' meeting!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:42 pm

Last week in a rural Quebec town, the council passed an ordinance of instructions for immigrants which included such things as no female circumcision, no stoning, no covering your face with a veil, etc. These people really are an embarrassment.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:47 pm

Britain's own Cuckoo Klux Klan.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:49 pm

I like it (the pun, not the Klan)

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:20 pm

while I do not follow the beliefs of the BNP, the actions of the council do seem out of place in a democratic society. Whatever we might think of the BNP, they do have a right to take part on the political debate. For a council to tell people to ignore the comments of any political party is stepping beyond its remit. Would they do it for Labour or Tories?

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:52 pm

That petrol blerk - the "man of the people" - is now a campaigner/party member.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:45 pm

communistworkethic wrote:while I do not follow the beliefs of the BNP, the actions of the council do seem out of place in a democratic society. Whatever we might think of the BNP, they do have a right to take part on the political debate. For a council to tell people to ignore the comments of any political party is stepping beyond its remit. Would they do it for Labour or Tories?
True.
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:13 pm

communistworkethic wrote:while I do not follow the beliefs of the BNP, the actions of the council do seem out of place in a democratic society.

if intolerance to others based purely on their race is allowed to be expressed in a democratic society than democracy is full of shit
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:22 pm

InsaneApache wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:while I do not follow the beliefs of the BNP, the actions of the council do seem out of place in a democratic society. Whatever we might think of the BNP, they do have a right to take part on the political debate. For a council to tell people to ignore the comments of any political party is stepping beyond its remit. Would they do it for Labour or Tories?
True.
Thought this myself ... indeed, if a Council ... not a rival party, but a Council ... have spent public money attempting to block a democratic party from campaigning I think you'll find it's acted illegally.

I used the term 'Liberal Fascism' some while ago & people thought it couldn't exist. That, I'm afraid is exactly what this action is.

... & if anyone thinks this will hold the BNP back they're idiots. It will simply encourage them.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:43 pm

if council leaders back in Germany 60 odd years ago had tried this with the Nazis maybe things would have been different?

why should poisonous, hate mongering shite like the BNP have freedom of speech?

these bastards could cause major riots and shit - fUK their freedom of speech
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:47 pm

cowdrill wrote:these bastards could cause major riots and shit - fUK their freedom of speech
I'm not sure they can 'cause' all that much - it seems to me that they are tapping into a sinister undercurrent that exists anyway.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:03 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
cowdrill wrote:these bastards could cause major riots and shit - fUK their freedom of speech
I'm not sure they can 'cause' all that much - it seems to me that they are tapping into a sinister undercurrent that exists anyway.

they stir up the racist meatheads and fill their gormless empty heads with rubbish

they did it in oldham n other places and look what happened

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:27 am

cowdrill wrote:why should poisonous, hate mongering shite like the BNP have freedom of speech?
So, you think freedom of speech only applies if you're talking about sugar and spice and everything nice?

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:35 am

cowdrill wrote:why should poisonous, hate mongering shite like the BNP have freedom of speech?

...fUK their freedom of speech
Quite.

Q.E.D. (look it up)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:49 am

Freedom of speech isn't something you can turn on and off if you like. It has to apply to everyone or else it's 'liberal fascism' as someone else put it
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:03 am

Who gives a shit it keeps us posties in a job.

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Post by Henrik's fan club » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:07 am

Porrohman wrote:Who gives a shit it keeps us posties in a job.
Yet another benefit of the BNP :wink:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:10 am

Porrohman wrote:Who gives a shit it keeps us posties in a job.
Well I suppose otherwise you'd just be walking the streets. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Porrohman
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Porrohman » Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:16 am

Boom Bum.
:roll: