Musicals.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:30 am

Of live stage productions have to say "Miss Saigon" was really impressive. Not a particularly jolly topic, but really well done with two amazing tiny kids who shared the workload for one spot over a week. The helicopter landing was terrific for live theatre. Anybody see this one?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:52 am

TANGODANCER wrote:Of live stage productions have to say "Miss Saigon" was really impressive. Not a particularly jolly topic, but really well done with two amazing tiny kids who shared the workload for one spot over a week. The helicopter landing was terrific for live theatre. Anybody see this one?
Yes, I saw it in Manchester and didn't enjoy it at all actually.

The helicopter scene was quite good though.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:59 am

I've been put off musicals for life by having spent an evening of my life listening to Lloyd Webber's absolutely fecking awful stuff. Now I'm not prepared to expose myself to the risk.
They should play it through loud speakers at the ports to repel asylum seekers.

Narr then, The Octagon are about to run Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman. That's far more up my street.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:09 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:I've been put off musicals for life by having spent an evening of my life listening to Lloyd Webber's absolutely fecking awful stuff. Now I'm not prepared to expose myself to the risk.
They should play it through loud speakers at the ports to repel asylum seekers. Narr then, The Octagon are about to run Arthur Miller's Death of a Salesman. That's far more up my street.
Well, that bit got my day off with a good laugh.. :mrgreen:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:03 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Of live stage productions have to say "Miss Saigon" was really impressive. Not a particularly jolly topic, but really well done with two amazing tiny kids who shared the workload for one spot over a week. The helicopter landing was terrific for live theatre. Anybody see this one?
I saw it on Broadway. Absolutely fantastic. I had no idea about the helicopter bit beforehand. That was impressive :shock:

I saw another one whilst I was there but cant for the life of me remember its name. Anyone help? It had been running for a while and was something to do wtih immigration and racism set in the 1930s. Some Hungarian chap making and selling little cartoons at the start who had become a film producer by the end :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:15 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
I saw it on Broadway. Absolutely fantastic. I had no idea about the helicopter bit beforehand. That was impressive :shock:

I saw another one whilst I was there but cant for the life of me remember its name. Anyone help? It had been running for a while and was something to do wtih immigration and racism set in the 1930s. Some Hungarian chap making and selling little cartoons at the start who had become a film producer by the end :conf:
Think you might mean "Freedom Dance" about the guy who did his memoirs via a series of cartoons. Read about it, but not seen it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote:

Think you might mean "Freedom Dance" about the guy who did his memoirs via a series of cartoons. Read about it, but not seen it.
I've just remembered. Ragtime. Really good but not as good as Miss Saigon
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

susstudio
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by susstudio » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:24 pm

I once played a cop, a panhandler, a hippy and a waitress in a stage production of Sweet Charity as part of my Performing Arts course at college and, funnily enough, I've hated it ever since.

My favourite musicals are West Side Story, Grease and Rocky Horror.

KEVIN DAVIES FOR PRESIDENT!!

ifeelgoodiknewiwould
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ifeelgoodiknewiwould » Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:53 pm

This one
Last edited by ifeelgoodiknewiwould on Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

susstudio
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by susstudio » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:08 pm

ifeelgoodiknewiwould wrote:This one is the best - for sheer volume if nothing else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Reminds me of the front cover of Peter Kay's autobiography where he's dressed as a nun on it, hehe!!

KEVIN DAVIES FOR PRESIDENT!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:15 pm

Am off to see We Will Rock You on Monday night.