If Leeds go down...

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

If Leeds go down...

Post by Nozza » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:42 pm

Will it be the most celebrated relegation ever?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Re: If Leeds go down...

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:45 pm

Hoolio wrote:Will it be the most celebrated relegation ever?
No, Citeh's was far better.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Knowing full well how much relegation hurts you'd think that fans of both Bolton and Sunderland would be sympathetic towards Leeds should they go down.

You'd think wouldn't you? :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:53 pm

I will laugh so hard i'll shoot milk through my nostrils

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:59 pm

boltonboris wrote:I will laugh so hard i'll shoot milk through my nostrils
At least milk isn't fizzy. I swigged a soft drink at an altitude of 12,000 feet last summer, and I think it came out of my ears.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:23 pm

A Word to the Wise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20067220

couldn't happen to a nicer club. Particularly like the line about what sort of punishment is it to be threatened with you'll never play for Leeds again
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:38 pm

bobo the clown wrote:A Word to the Wise

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A20067220

couldn't happen to a nicer club. Particularly like the line about what sort of punishment is it to be threatened with you'll never play for Leeds again
Good stuff, although I disagree with first line
The continuing demise of Leeds United is not funny.
It's making me giggle.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:06 pm

Living in Leeds its a funny old state of affairs

The shirts have dissapeared off the streets, the fans from the stands (last night incidentally they charge £15 and got 30k)

I never really minded Leeds that much - they had a healthy hatred for the scum, and threatened to break the pool/arse/scum (pre chelski c*nt$ days anyway) monopoly....

I wasn't alive when it was dirty leeds days in the 70's I guess

They have the potential for such a large fanbase - If Bolton could pull in half of the areas who consider themselves to be Leeds based we would have no proble selling, certainly wouldn't need to drop prices...

I dunno, it could be us someday again

So lets laugh at someone else now.... :grin:

Bwfcraig
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Bwfcraig » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:14 pm

Comes close to the jeering West Ham could get for going down :pray:
http://www.premierleague.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - Chelski

NumptyNumbNuts
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by NumptyNumbNuts » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:18 pm

No, ManU getting relegated in 74ish when their old player Denis Law sent them down with a back-heel while playing for Citeh in the last game of the season.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ABSOLUTELY CHUFFING HILARIOUS :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:33 am

If it was Bolton in that position no one would have any sympathy so why should Leeds get any. How are the mighty fallen, just shows that good houskeeping is needed in running a football club, just like it is needed in all businesses.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:35 am

I was in Leeds at Uni a distressingly long time ago. It was in that era when we finally got into the top division after 2 years of shooting ourselves in the foot.

In our eventual promotion season I was pretty excited about the team with Reid, Whatmore, Paul & Gary Jones, Morgan, Dunne etc., etc. We then signed Frank Worthington.

I was relating the exploits of the mighty Wanderers to some mates & one, actually from Leeds ... a good guy who I'm still in touch with (but he replies to me less often these days ... I wonder why ?) ... said words I'll never forget ; - " ... I don't really know much about Division 2, you find you don't bother looking down the leagues when your a top club ...".

Another line when I was saying Reid was v v good & would play for England one day, was ; - " ... he can't be THAT good, or what's he doing playing in that Division ?".

He had no idea how arrogant that was. It was typical "big club-itis".

So, when I see them down there I don't pine, I don't feel sorry, I see it as a long time coming.

Still can't work out why he doesn't call me as much !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:23 pm

I remember them beating us 3-0 on Boxing day at the 'Bok a few years ago when Fowler scored all three and Gerbil Diaorreah was given the runaround their fans were singing "We're going to Europe, you're going to Rotherham"

What goes around comes around :P

Still think West Ham was funnier because it was us that slammed the coffin lid shut.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

susstudio
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by susstudio » Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:41 pm

I'm from Leeds and, this time last season, I had respect for my hometown club.

Nowadays I just laugh at them.

I like the Leeds United Ladies though... MUCH better than the men and not managed by Dennis Wise, haha!

KEVIN DAVIES FOR PRESIDENT!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:26 pm

One of the greatest cases ever of "How are the mighty fallen": And they were mighty once. Just goes to show; never take things for granted. Even the mighty Scousers had a spell down there in the lower leagues once.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:34 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:One of the greatest cases ever of "How are the mighty fallen": And they were mighty once. Just goes to show; never take things for granted. Even the mighty Scousers had a spell down there in the lower leagues once.
Indeed, before I emigrated in 1963, Liverpool were in the Second Division along with the likes of Chelsea. I think they werre finally promoted in 1962. So, throughout my formative years, I always thought of them as Everton's poor cousins and basically second raters.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:36 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:One of the greatest cases ever of "How are the mighty fallen": And they were mighty once. Just goes to show; never take things for granted. Even the mighty Scousers had a spell down there in the lower leagues once.
Indeed, before I emigrated in 1963, Liverpool were in the Second Division along with the likes of Chelsea. I think they werre finally promoted in 1962. So, throughout my formative years, I always thought of them as Everton's poor cousins and basically second raters.
So did the Evertonions. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:46 pm

If Leeds are relegated, will they search out that little boy who cried at the Reebok when Youri destroyed their premiership careers all those years ago....

He's probably about 28 now (the little kid, not Youri)
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:56 pm

Gertie wrote:If Leeds are relegated, will they search out that little boy who cried at the Reebok when Youri destroyed their premiership careers all those years ago....

He's probably about 28 now (the little kid, not Youri)
You mean Alan Smith?

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:54 pm

West Ham.

I'm still laughing now, 4yrs later.