McLaren Out !!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

McLaren Out !!!

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:17 pm

Surely, deserving of it's own thread. It's bigger than just a one match reaction.
England manager Steve McClaren says he still has the backing of his players, despite the dismal 0-0 draw in Israel.
Sound wierd ?? It gets more bizarre ...
"I am absolutely 100% convinced the players are still playing for me," said the under-fire McClaren. "I feel as though the effort is there but they are not happy because they are not winning and not scoring goals."

BBC Five Live football correspondent Jonathan Legard said: "I'm told they were talking yesterday and they are focusing on the game against Andorra."
"I'm absolutely convinced" is a strange selection of words (& these are direct quotes, not dismissable 'paper-talk'.

... & Oh, "they're talking !!". Good for you, Steve. Your the fckg BOSS you limp prick. You shouldn't give a monkeys haemoroid if he's happy with what you said after that shite & petulant performance. Jeez.

The guy is hanging on by his finger tips. Afraid of getting rid of the core players as ... just as it was with Sven ... Lampard, Gerrard, Ferdinand & Terry run the team. Not him.

================
England boss
Steve McClaren and striker Wayne Rooney had a verbal bust-up in the dressing room after Saturday's Euro 2008 qualifying draw with Israel. (Various)
Yeah ? But you left him on, & took off Johnson who was being twice as effective, didn't you Steve !!
England assistant boss Terry Venables is no longer working closely with McClaren after a damaging backroom split. (The Sun)
Oh, scoop of the decade. Like anyone ever believed El Tel's motivation was to get in there, undermine him & then take over. Doh !!!!

The guy hasn't "lost it" ... he never fckg had it !!!

McClaren Out !!!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:18 pm

McLaren Out

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:31 pm

Give the man a fair crack of the whip before letting him hang. Tactically we're not good enough. We have no answer to the super defensive formation as we've seen from the likes of Trinidad and Tobago and Israel where we struggle.

Personally I think he was too cautious against Israel, a team putting 11 men behind the ball and us still having a rather defensive back 4 and holding player, was far too defensive.

Lennon caused them problems, putting SWP (although not even in the squad) on the other side could have been more effective, putting Gerrard in the middle droppin Lamps, but I don't think he'd ever do that. The best players don't make the best team, as we're seeing here. Kevin Davies would of been great in a match like that, although granted he's probably not international quality, but against Israel he'd do a good job.

I'd suggest being more attacking and adventurous is the way forward far better than the long balls up towards AJ and Rooney.

But back to the point in hand, as Hanson said McLaren won't be sacked until we've not qualified for euro 2008. And lets be honest, we will qualify.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:11 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote:Give the man a fair crack of the whip before letting him hang. Tactically we're not good enough. We have no answer to the super defensive formation as we've seen from the likes of Trinidad and Tobago and Israel where we struggle.

Personally I think he was too cautious against Israel, a team putting 11 men behind the ball and us still having a rather defensive back 4 and holding player, was far too defensive.

Lennon caused them problems, putting SWP (although not even in the squad) on the other side could have been more effective, putting Gerrard in the middle droppin Lamps, but I don't think he'd ever do that. The best players don't make the best team, as we're seeing here. Kevin Davies would of been great in a match like that, although granted he's probably not international quality, but against Israel he'd do a good job.

I'd suggest being more attacking and adventurous is the way forward far better than the long balls up towards AJ and Rooney.

But back to the point in hand, as Hanson said McLaren won't be sacked until we've not qualified for euro 2008. And lets be honest, we will qualify.
Nah, sod that! McClaren Out!
O U T !

O U T !

O U T !
Businesswoman of the year.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:00 pm

OUT GiNGEER kbhead NOW

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:16 pm

daxter15 wrote:OUT GiNGEER kbhead NOW
I thought this was about Mclaren, not HisRoyalgingerness.
:wink:
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:17 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
LeeRoyBrown wrote:Give the man a fair crack of the whip before letting him hang. Tactically we're not good enough. We have no answer to the super defensive formation as we've seen from the likes of Trinidad and Tobago and Israel where we struggle.

Nah, sod that! McClaren Out!
O U T !

O U T !

O U T !
Haha, how can i argue with that? :mrgreen:

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Nah, sod that! McClaren Out!
O U T !

O U T !

O U T !
No way... It could mean Big Sam In!

I N !

I N !

I N !

knobpolisher
Reliable
Reliable

Post by knobpolisher » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:29 pm

And another thing, Englands last two qualifiers are Russia away and then finally Croatia at home. Very tricky if we needed 6 points from the two games.
People haven't got a good word for you, but i have T**T.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:50 pm

Backgammon wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Nah, sod that! McClaren Out!
O U T !

O U T !

O U T !
No way... It could mean Big Sam In!

I N !

I N !

I N !
No way on God's little green Earth will Sam ever, EVER get that job.

He may be destined to be the Brian Clough of his generation.

1. The FA guys won't want to appoint someone they can't control ....
2. The 'bungs' thing will hang over him like a bad smell, for life. How can you PROVE you actually didn't do something ? (IF he didn't)
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

coffeymagic
Reliable
Reliable

Post by coffeymagic » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:54 pm

I say Kill him.

tc
I'm not asking you to 'think outside the box' I just wish you'd have a rummage around in it once in a while.

http://www.coffeymagic.blogspot.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
twitter @thetonycoffey

LeeRoyBrown
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by LeeRoyBrown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:29 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I say Kill him.

tc
No messing about.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:35 pm

coffeymagic wrote:I say Kill him.
tc
Yeah .... burn her !!!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:11 pm

LeeRoyBrown wrote: But back to the point in hand, as Hanson said McLaren won't be sacked until we've not qualified for euro 2008. And lets be honest, we will qualify.
England have about the same chance as Scotland at the moment, and despite our lofty position I think well miss out. England have an awful lot of work to do.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:27 pm

Get Howard Wilkinson in.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:14 pm

Imagine if Sam had got the job and then that panorama thing came out.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:36 pm

I'm really glad McLaren is making a cods of it.
And I hope it goes on and gets worse.

Eventually some of the people who called for his head, but not the press, will realise that Sven actually achieved a lot for England (got us in to the top 5 in the world- and to quarter finals 3 times running).

And now they have got what they deserve.

Which is nothing.

Bring back KK.

At least he was passioante about it all.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 pm

bw@bw wrote:I'm really glad McLaren is making a cods of it.
And I hope it goes on and gets worse.

Eventually some of the people who called for his head, but not the press, will realise that Sven actually achieved a lot for England (got us in to the top 5 in the world- and to quarter finals 3 times running).

And now they have got what they deserve.

Which is nothing.

Bring back KK.

At least he was passioante about it all.
Said so last night. Would be a cracking re-appointment.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 pm

FFS people Keegan sucked! He never did nowt! Sam is the best choice but he can't be had. After that we might as well hire a scot, they can coach. After that maybe any foriegner. In the end though whoever it was won't be that great because the FA won't hire anyone with any backbone.

Sven was a great qualifier and I was a big defender of his. Perhaps injuries to star players marred his chances, but by 2006 he had no idea how to balance a proper squad with FA politics.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:45 pm

Yeah especially seeing as he has been out of management for 5yrs.