Fulham Sack chris Coleman!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Henrik's fan club
Henrik
Henrik

Fulham Sack chris Coleman!!

Post by Henrik's fan club » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:30 am

Just saw on SSN, Lawrie Sanchez in caretaker charge til end of season.

WHAT THE F**K??? :shock: :crazy:
Who needs Henry when we've got Henrik?

Free the T-W two!

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:31 am

:o
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:40 am

I wasn't expecting that.

This late in the season, it's ridiculous to change managers.
I've just looked at their run-in and they've got five difficult matches - I don't think Sanchez can better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 543541.stm
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Son of Jardel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Son of Jardel » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:49 am

That was unexpected.

Must be hoping that the 'new manager effect' is going to keep them from being relegated. They were starting to look a bit shaky although I don't think Coleman would have taken them down tbh.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:28 am

Just heard this on the radio. What a ridiculous move.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:09 am

Suprising, especially at this time of the season. but like I said to HFC, what has Coleman actually ever done for Fulham?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:16 am

Epitaph wrote:Suprising, especially at this time of the season. but like I said to HFC, what has Coleman actually ever done for Fulham?
Well, when he took over from Tigana he saved them from relegation and in the next three season proceeded to finish 9th, 13th and 12th. All very respectable for what was essentially a division 1 club until recently. It's easy to lose perspective of what a good job Coleman was doing when you compare it to our remarkable achievements in the same period. So this season hasn't been quite as good, but he hasn't become a bad manager overnight - it wasn't that long ago that Al Fayed was praising him to the heavens on TV.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:02 am

Les Read as his assistant :lol:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:05 am

came from nowhere, gone nowhere. now go and manage a lower league club and actually develop a management style
lets be honest, his rugby fitness thing hardly caught on did it?

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:17 am

Seems really odd to sack him now... Something must have gone on after the City game...

This could be the end of Fulham; I can't imagine this is going to inspire the players.

No shxt Sherlock
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by No shxt Sherlock » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:47 am

That is a shock to the system, I believe that its not just the manager to blame its the players aswell, Coleman can do his best on the training ground but on the day its up to the players to work hard together as a team and get the results.

I must admit that when i saw MOTD on Sat night Coleman did say that it was his fault for the loss but i think that the players should share that responsibilty aswell.
Come on the mighty Wanderers

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:06 am

It can't be helpful to lose Malbranque to Spuds and then to have Bullard break a leg early on. There are worse managers than Coleman in the Prem. I'm sure he won't be out of work for too long.

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:09 am

Epitaph wrote:Suprising, especially at this time of the season. but like I said to HFC, what has Coleman actually ever done for Fulham?
The Aquaducts?

:wink:
Smarties have answers.....

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:16 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:It can't be helpful to lose Malbranque to Spuds and then to have Bullard break a leg early on. There are worse managers than Coleman in the Prem. I'm sure he won't be out of work for too long.
Just shows how soon things can change when your good players get romanced away by the superstar image. With Saha, Boa Morte and Malbranque in the team Fulham were a real force. I agree Bullard might have been a big influence but, as you say, that was a tragedy so soon. Managers getting tanked for players not performing is a reality these days.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:32 am

Bench wrote:
The Aquaducts?

central heating?

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:33 am

communistworkethic wrote:
Bench wrote:
The Aquaducts?

central heating?
And it's safe to walk the streets at night.....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:13 am

Bench wrote:
Bench wrote:
The Aquaducts?
central heating?
OK, apart from the Aquaducts, Central Heating, safe streets and hot mustard ... what has he done ???
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:28 am

Coleman didn't deserve this. He's done well with a small club by Premiership standards, with a very small fan base.
I do think they have a very real chance of relegation. They have the worst run-in of the threatened teams.
I also can't see Sanchez becoming permanent with Northern Ireland doing so well.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bench » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:31 am

bobo the clown wrote:
Bench wrote:
Bench wrote:
The Aquaducts?
central heating?
OK, apart from the Aquaducts, Central Heating, safe streets and hot mustard ... what has he done ???
Sanitation?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:41 am

Talked 'bout Willis?