Champs League semi-final tonight

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who do you want to get to Athens?

Chelsea
24%
Liverpool
36%
Frankly couldn't give two shits
39%

Total votes: 33

blurred
Icon
Icon

Champs League semi-final tonight

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:30 am

Now some of you on here claim to do the whole 'support any English team in Europe' thing, so what do you do when there are two of them?

Does your loathing for the Scousers override your contempt for the bankrolled Cockneys? Nail your colours to the mast here - who would you rather went through?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: Champs League semi-final tonight

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:31 am

blurred wrote:Now some of you on here claim to do the whole 'support any English team in Europe' thing, so what do you do when there are two of them?

Does your loathing for the Scousers override your contempt for the bankrolled Cockneys? Nail your colours to the mast here - who would you rather went through?
In this case I'm a Scouse for a night. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:34 am

Well, I'd like to see your lot boot Chelsea up hill and down t'dale ahead of our clash with them this weekend, and then I'd like to see Jose snot Fatty Benitez one at the end, because he deserves it for being a plum! :whack:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:35 am

Secret option 4: I'd like Liverpool to inflict as many injuries to the Chelsea team as possible.
Businesswoman of the year.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:39 am

CrazyHorse wrote:Secret option 4: I'd like Liverpool to inflict as many injuries to the Chelsea team as possible.
Ditto

....oh and win, don't mind Liverpool too much, just the fat spanish waiter at the helm
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Epitaph
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Epitaph » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:40 am

If I really had to choose a team, it'd be Chelsea because it would be great having a potential Man U v Chelsea CL final, FA Cup final and the race for the Premiership.

Also, I only know one Chelsea fan in comparison to a lot of Liverpool fans, I couldn't do with the 'Hey yarrr mate its gonna be 6 tiiiiiiiimes now lar'

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:44 am

Epitaph wrote:If I really had to choose a team, it'd be Chelsea because it would be great having a potential Man U v Chelsea CL final, FA Cup final and the race for the Premiership.

Also, I only know one Chelsea fan in comparison to a lot of Liverpool fans, I couldn't do with the 'Hey yarrr mate its gonna be 6 tiiiiiiiimes now lar'
Despite all, Man U and Liverpool are the only two English clubs with the proven experience to win on the big stage. Chelsea have to prove that yet. Plenty of individual talent, but not the team character of the other two.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:46 am

I want Chelsea to win more than can really be healthy....
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:51 am

I didn't used to dislike Liverpool but Fatty Benitez has changed that. Chelsea for me.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:07 pm

Epitaph wrote:Also, I only know one Chelsea fan in comparison to a lot of Liverpool fans, I couldn't do with the 'Hey yarrr mate its gonna be 6 tiiiiiiiimes now lar'
Having a related discussion with my girlfriend while watching the Mancs match last night - is it just me that thinks that Man United fans would be more unbearable should they win the European Cup than Liverpool (or Chelsea fans) for that matter?

For what it's worth she's not a Liverpool fan and agreed with me.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:12 pm

Don't care. Although whatever happens, you can guarantee the scousers will have something to get all emotional about.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:13 pm

Chelski -for a number or reasons.

1. The fat waiter.

2. Old Purple Nose.

3. Ronaldo.

4. Rags "fans".

Oh, and my lad likes the Laandaners!
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:15 pm

Personally I'd prefer Liverpool to get through
I think they will actually win the cup - beating AC in the final
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:18 pm

blurred wrote:
Epitaph wrote:Also, I only know one Chelsea fan in comparison to a lot of Liverpool fans, I couldn't do with the 'Hey yarrr mate its gonna be 6 tiiiiiiiimes now lar'
Having a related discussion with my girlfriend while watching the Mancs match last night - is it just me that thinks that Man United fans would be more unbearable should they win the European Cup than Liverpool (or Chelsea fans) for that matter?

For what it's worth she's not a Liverpool fan and agreed with me.
Yep!! all my mates are scummers and theyre already mouthing off!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:19 pm

blurred wrote:is it just me that thinks that Man United fans would be more unbearable should they win the European Cup than Liverpool (or Chelsea fans) for that matter?
Categorically no way.

Liverpool fans will be 100 times worse than United fans.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm

Lennon wrote:Don't care. Although whatever happens, you can guarantee the scousers will have something to get all emotional about.
That chicken has a lot to answer for.:mrgreen:
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:25 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
blurred wrote:is it just me that thinks that Man United fans would be more unbearable should they win the European Cup than Liverpool (or Chelsea fans) for that matter?
Categorically no way.

Liverpool fans will be 100 times worse than United fans.
Agreed.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:26 pm

chelsea cos then Ambramovich might get bored and pull all his cash out.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:27 pm

communistworkethic wrote:chelsea cos then Ambramovich might get bored and pull all his cash out.
Didn't think of that, now that would be fun!!
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:29 pm

Thank god it's at Chelsea tonight - I'm really not in the mood for all the "and here we are for another special, special European night at Anfield" rubbish - I fear I would actually defenestrate my TV.