Who would be more unbearable if they win the Champs League?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

The lesser of two evils but whatever...

Man United
47%
Liverpool
53%

Total votes: 32

claus jensens guitar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by claus jensens guitar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:36 pm

United fan I know who goes to games, but not the FA Cup final, was saying "I don't care if Chelsea beat us in the FA Cup and Champions League as long as we win the Premiership". Typical manc idiot !

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:38 pm

claus jensens guitar wrote:United fan I know who goes to games, but not the FA Cup final, was saying "I don't care if Chelsea beat us in the FA Cup and Champions League as long as we win the Premiership". Typical manc idiot !
Well - he sort of has a point though. It takes a better team to win the Premiership over 38 games than it does to win a knockout competition.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:44 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I think the neutral would prefer to see Man Utd's brand of football prevail, rather than Liverpool, who are a fairly pragmatic cup team....
Absolutely true, our mam, if not the answer to the question... :wink:
Oh I answered "the" question a while back - I'm just responding to the second half of that post by Blurred.
That'll learn me for't'skimread afore the match in question :oops:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:46 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
claus jensens guitar wrote:United fan I know who goes to games, but not the FA Cup final, was saying "I don't care if Chelsea beat us in the FA Cup and Champions League as long as we win the Premiership". Typical manc idiot !
Well - he sort of has a point though. It takes a better team to win the Premiership over 38 games than it does to win a knockout competition.
It's certainly Ferguson's overriding obsession.

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:54 pm

Jesus Blurred nearly won me over with the Tydlesy comment but then I thought Alan Green....

I hope the competition is abandoned!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:18 am

That tithead Alan Green is such a knobhead. Listening to 606 he trotted out the following lines.

"Barring the likes of Mourinho, no one likes Cheating."

"Again Mourinho claiming to know what is going on inside of someone elses head".

Then he claimed Chelsea were time wasting once they went 1-0 up.

So biased it was unbelievable.

Backgammon
Promising
Promising

Post by Backgammon » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:27 am

daxter15 wrote:That tithead Alan Green is such a knobhead
I'm confused...

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:37 am

obviously neither, but having to choose 1 I'd say yernited.

If I have to listen to all that sycothantic scouse you'll never walk alone and stevie g is the best player in the world ever crap that a section of the liverpool fans spout whenever they win anything I'll scream. Oh, and they are going to win the premiership again next season for the 10th time in the last 12 years :whack:

None of the options are attractive so I shall just ignore and carry on dreaming of the day we get there and knock any of them out in the 1st stage :mrgreen:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:27 am

Backgammon wrote:
daxter15 wrote:That tithead Alan Green is such a knobhead
I'm confused...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:28 pm

I would rather get punched in the back of the head than listen to more BS gloating from that Crouch halfwit who hangs out here. Here's hoping they lose when a Chelsea ball stops on the line but is ruled a goal anway.

Benitez is a joke, Mourinho was aboslutely right that Benitez should be sacked considering the money he's spent and the poor EPL results he's gotten.

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 pm

daxter15 wrote:That tithead Alan Green is such a knobhead. Listening to 606 he trotted out the following lines.

"Barring the likes of Mourinho, no one likes Cheating."

"Again Mourinho claiming to know what is going on inside of someone elses head".

Then he claimed Chelsea were time wasting once they went 1-0 up.

So biased it was unbelievable.
Two problems with Alan Green. One, he got popular, thence arrogant. Two, he got given 6-0-6.

Now, any journalist worth his salt - especially one working for a public service broadcaster - should know that fact and opinion have to be kept apart, on legal grounds as much as anything. Don't get me wrong, it's fine for Green to have his opinions on his rant-in programme. I may not agree with them, but like Voltaire I'll fight for his right to have them. However, when he is called upon to perform his original job of unbiased commentary, he should wind his neck in and keep his opinions to himself.

Or he should be fired.

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Strike me down for saying it, but I'd say United would certainly deserve it a lot more as they've played a much better brand of football and didn't need to go to UEFA with the begging bowl in order to qualify (though having said that I think only the league winners should quality).

If it came down to a United-Liverpool final then a lifetimes bitterness would mean I'd probably still find myself cheering on the bin dippers, regardless of the undoubted bandwagon that would soon roll past.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Dr.Karl
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Dr.Karl » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Green's voice lends itself to good radio but the drivel that comes out of his mouth makes it unbearable, especially when commentating on his beloved Liverpool, go on Alan just admit it.
An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi

A cynic is man who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing - Wilde

I have a fax in my pocket - Gartside

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:51 pm

Dr.Karl wrote:Green's voice lends itself to good radio but the drivel that comes out of his mouth makes it unbearable, especially when commentating on his beloved Liverpool, go on Alan just admit it.
I agree with that. I think he has a very good voice for a commentator. It's just a shame it's attached to his arrogant brain.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed May 02, 2007 8:46 am

I've been in work for 45 minutes and the Liverpool fans are giving it like they're won the fooking cup. Unbearable? You'd better believe it. :(

Not to dwell on this too much either, but the Granada news this morning (broadcast from the Albert Docks in Liverpool) had the news that they'd made it to the final including interviews with drunk fans chanting "bring on Man United" as the headline story.

Second story was the 12 year old girl shot in the head and killed by her brother in Gorton.
Businesswoman of the year.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed May 02, 2007 9:16 am

For either, losing the final would just be unthinkable. The scousers' heralded lead in trophies won would look quite a bit smaller (Forever in our shadow?) and it would be a Man City-sized downer on United's title winning season to lose the CL final to the scousers. Bragging rights for 10 years basically.

Like mummy I'd rather United's brand of football won it, Benitez's tight defensive play is effective as we all can appreciate but it wouldn't feel right somehow for them to win it again after yet another dreadful league campaign.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed May 02, 2007 10:52 am

Athers wrote:For either, losing the final would just be unthinkable. The scousers' heralded lead in trophies won would look quite a bit smaller (Forever in our shadow?) and it would be a Man City-sized downer on United's title winning season to lose the CL final to the scousers. Bragging rights for 10 years basically.

Like mummy I'd rather United's brand of football won it, Benitez's tight defensive play is effective as we all can appreciate but it wouldn't feel right somehow for them to win it again after yet another dreadful league campaign.
If Liverpool get it to 6-2 in big cups it'll be a nightmare. They might pipe down a bit if the lead is razed to 5-3.

Mourinho is spot on when he says Liverpool are just a cup team - I've been saying that for a while. Most of Liverpool's games have been pretty poor to watch, but somehow they get it done. I think it would be a good thing for football if United win playing a high-tempo, marauding game that's genuinely entertaining.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed May 02, 2007 11:16 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:If Liverpool get it to 6-2 in big cups it'll be a nightmare. They might pipe down a bit if the lead is razed to 5-3.
Indeed, I'm not liking the thought of 15:2 becoming 16:3 for them this year...
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Mourinho is spot on when he says Liverpool are just a cup team - I've been saying that for a while. Most of Liverpool's games have been pretty poor to watch, but somehow they get it done. I think it would be a good thing for football if United win playing a high-tempo, marauding game that's genuinely entertaining.
I think it's unfair to say we're 'just' a cup team, but we are remarkably effective, and have been for years - especially at this two-legged European malarky. Hopefully the longer Rafa's here the better we'll become in the league - this year's been something of a downer on the progress of last year - but d'you know what? I'll more than settle for 2nd/3rd/4th in the league every year if we're still winning trophies and having massive games against the likes of Barca and Chelsea. Suits me fine.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed May 02, 2007 11:44 am

There's a group of about 15 Liverpool fans in one of my regular haunts that all had 5 stars tattooed on their arms after their last Champions League win. They don't actually go to games, but they do create an atmosphere in the pub whenever Liverpool are on the bigscreen, incessantly singing "We've won it 5 times, we've won it 5 tiiiimes!". The thing is, about 5 years ago the majority of them were United fans. I'm perplexed as to what triggered this sudden switch of allegiance. I really don't get it.

Anyway, it makes it easy to put them in their place whenever they slag me off for being a Wanderer. "Wait a minute, 5 years ago you thought scousers were the 'scum of the earth'. You called them 'bin-dippers' and 'the murderers', and now you've had a permanent badge of honour scratched into your flesh for them?". The usual responses are a few 'f*ck off's, followed by a half-hearted rendition of 'W*nky Wanderers' then "We've won it 5 times! We've won it 5 tiiiiimes!".....

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed May 02, 2007 11:49 am

They sound like Soccer AM nice people to me. I'm glad they don't go to the game, because then I don't have to associate with them. Sadly we do attract an inordinately large amount of whoppers who claim to support Liverpool.