Still drunk at work

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Still drunk at work

Post by Athers » Fri May 18, 2007 1:14 pm

It's gone 1pm, I'm at my desk where I arrived in disgrace just before 12. My director is in today and noticed the state I'm in (said I was on leave this morning - which I will log to be honest). He's mocking me in good spirits though.

I went on a quasi-stag do at a "Pound in pint glass" place last night and I'm almost certain I'm still pissed, whilst managing to have the worst beer voice ever so I sound like a Lancastrian V8 rumbling along. I'm still trying to work out how I spent 5 euros as well.

To make things worse my shower at home is broken and I stink. Gonna have a shower downstairs later when I'm able to stand up for more than 30 seconds.

Insert your "oh yes something similar happened to me also" stories below to make me feel better.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 pm

Went on a works weekend to Amsterdam years ago. My brother was working for us at the time.

Coming home on the plane (not really needed as we were all floating anyway), my boss (who was a prat) foolishly asked my brother what he thought of him as a boss. He told him, and became the first mile-high sacking I've ever heard of. My brother turned up for work Monday morning having forgotten all about it. Unfortunately, the boss hadn't and sent him packing. Some people have no sense of humour. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri May 18, 2007 2:26 pm

Many I time have I turned up to work still the worse for wear. It seriously affects my typing when I get the DT's sometimes :D

Coming in to work having walked the streets of Eindhoven for a night after PSV in the Group Stages this year (and having got on the first flight from Amsterdam) was quite fun. I was a mess.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Still drunk at work

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri May 18, 2007 3:02 pm

Athers wrote:It's gone 1pm, I'm at my desk where I arrived in disgrace just before 12. My director is in today and noticed the state I'm in (said I was on leave this morning - which I will log to be honest). He's mocking me in good spirits though.

I went on a quasi-stag do at a "Pound in pint glass" place last night and I'm almost certain I'm still pissed, whilst managing to have the worst beer voice ever so I sound like a Lancastrian V8 rumbling along. I'm still trying to work out how I spent 5 euros as well.

To make things worse my shower at home is broken and I stink. Gonna have a shower downstairs later when I'm able to stand up for more than 30 seconds.

Insert your "oh yes something similar happened to me also" stories below to make me feel better.
I was just like you when I tried beer for the first time too. :mrgreen:

A guy I used to work with could often be heard throwing up in the toilets on many a morning he used to have such bad hangovers.

My personal worst was when I used to work in Bolton. I was young and on the keg just about every night so handled the days-afters quite well. One Friday I was feeling worse for wear having been in the Ring o'bells in Little Lever drinking 20/20 the night before so I thought a trip to the chippy for my dinner would sort me out - The Ridgeway chip shop behind McDonalds if you're interested. Anyway, I'm walking up Bank Street to the chippy with my mate when I let out an almighty fart.

Or, should I say I thought it was a fart. :oops:

I was in the middle of town, and was in no mood for sharing my accident with my mate so I had to carry on walking to, then order my dinner and walk back from the chippy as if nothing was wrong before discretely discarding my under-crackers in the bin. Not a pleasant afternoon, I can assure you.

Still went out that night though. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

norm the jedi
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by norm the jedi » Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Good skills mr A..
Thursday the ideal day to get mongered.... why waste a day off at the weekend with a hang over when you can sweat it out at work..

mildly hung over meself [even at this late stage] after a leavinh doo for a pal last night.. got on the wrong train [twice] 40 min journey..... took 3 hours... still a tad wobbly this morning.. largely remedied by an Olympic sized fry up..

I could just fancy a pint ... :wink:
Are we in League 2 yet - Three seasons and we'll be away to Chesham

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Nice of you to share that one with us Hoss. :vomit:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri May 18, 2007 3:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Nice of you to share that one with us Hoss. :vomit:
:mrgreen:
Not a problem. Not a problem at all!
Businesswoman of the year.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri May 18, 2007 3:11 pm

I've sobered up now but still clutching a bottle of water that I am refilling about every 10 minutes. Curiously I'm only having a piss about every hour.

Now I have to decide whether I go to the pub after work or go home and watch the cricket highlights with a cup of tea.

Since it's such a nice day ......
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri May 18, 2007 4:31 pm

The Army have random drug tests, if you fail you out in a week. The CDT team chip up unannouned.

They have just started one for alcohol testing two months back (no shit!)

Best start learning muslim fellas!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri May 18, 2007 4:39 pm

Well that's most squaddies fecked, then

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Fri May 18, 2007 5:05 pm

Athers wrote:I've sobered up now but still clutching a bottle of water that I am refilling about every 10 minutes. Curiously I'm only having a piss about every hour.

Now I have to decide whether I go to the pub after work or go home and watch the cricket highlights with a cup of tea.

Since it's such a nice day ......
How did it go, drunk yet?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri May 18, 2007 5:27 pm

Going for a shower in the gym downstairs then heading to the pub...

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Fri May 18, 2007 5:48 pm

Athers wrote:Going for a shower in the gym downstairs then heading to the pub...

good choice! :mrgreen:

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri May 18, 2007 6:04 pm

I must be one of the fortunate few but no matter how much I drink I've never suffer from hangovers but the missus does and she can be a ratty cow the morning after! :drink:

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Fri May 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Salford Trotter wrote:I must be one of the fortunate few but no matter how much I drink I've never suffer from hangovers but the missus does and she can be a ratty cow the morning after! :drink:

Just wait, it will come to you to! :cry: :cry:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Fri May 18, 2007 6:59 pm

The key to defeating hangovers is practice and water. Whenever I go out for a night on the lash and end up having to go in early I am positive that I must be legally impaired. Just not enough time to get it all out.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri May 18, 2007 8:00 pm

My Weekend starts on Thursday night (Pool match), and carries on until Midnight Sunday.
:pissed:
Having been a Welder for more years than I care to remember, I can do it with my eyes closed and one arm behind my back (as I did on the Reebok), so I start work at 7am and sober up about dinner time. :drink:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Salford Trotter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Salford Trotter » Fri May 18, 2007 11:33 pm

gaiser wrote:
Salford Trotter wrote:I must be one of the fortunate few but no matter how much I drink I've never suffer from hangovers but the missus does and she can be a ratty cow the morning after! :drink:

Just wait, it will come to you to! :cry: :cry:
I hope it doesn't change now I've been waiting 25 years for one!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Sat May 19, 2007 12:34 am

davroduk wrote:My Weekend starts on Thursday night (Pool match), and carries on until Midnight Sunday.
Having been a Welder for more years than I care to remember, I can do it with my eyes closed and one arm behind my back (as I did on the Reebok), so I start work at 7am and sober up about dinner time. :drink:
Your name isn't Billy is it?
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat May 19, 2007 12:43 am

davroduk wrote:My Weekend starts on Thursday night (Pool match), and carries on until Midnight Sunday.
I knew somebody on here had worked on the Reebok!

Where were you when this story broke?!

http://www.bolton.vitalfootball.co.uk/a ... sp?a=63602
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families