Tango's off to the Costa

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:20 pm

Hey TANGO, stay away from the different coloured cigerettes out there, they aren't the same as the ones you smoke!! :wink:

Seriously, have a great time matey! Plenty of pics please. :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Village Idiot
Promising
Promising

Post by Village Idiot » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:26 am

Dunno if it's related, but it rained heavily here yesterday... kinda shocking in the middle of July ;)
Barça fan that loves a team in white :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:57 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'd stick to relaxing and drinking the white wine
They do it in white? Eeh Gadds. Why would you? Uuuuurrgghh (shivers shoulders). :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:37 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'd stick to relaxing and drinking the white wine
They do it in white? Eeh Gadds. Why would you? Uuuuurrgghh (shivers shoulders). :?
The white riojas aren't bad but over here we're better sticking to the red stuff. (Have a look out for Gomez de Segura.) For a white, I'd go for an Albarino meself (if I wasn't so tight). With a bit of luck TD will bring back a mixed case and invite you for a barbecue.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:43 pm

Nozza wrote:Tangos "photoshopping" is quite boring, and shit.
Let's have a look at your greater contribution then, sunshine! :conf:

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:18 am

Isn't it nice without him on here?!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:43 am

Little Green Man wrote:(Have a look out for Gomez de Segura.)
Will do, cheers fella.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:58 pm

Batman wrote:Isn't it nice without him on here?!
Just got back, read this heartwarming message and decided to fxxk off back there for another week. :(
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:06 pm

Welcome back Tango :-) hope you had a good holiday

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:10 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Just got back, read this heartwarming message and decided to fxxk off back there for another week. :(
I see you've brought the weather with you. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:03 pm

Well, okay then , I'm back.

Can't believe this weather difference in July. Yesterday, I was sitting at a table under a big tree on the edge of a cove in blinding sunshine and drinking ice-cold Amstel in forty degree heat in Spain. Today, I'm sitting here watching it pxxs down whilst the wind blows shit out of my gereaniums in a rain sodden garden as I drink a mug of tea. Oh to be in England etc..

Holiday was good, fantastic beach in El Campello (although one day, even though the temperature was in the nineties al week, the sea was so rough the life guards made everybody come out of it). Don't own a digital camera so I didn't bother with pictures and you all know what Spain's all about anyway. Did a day in Benidorm, which was heaving, letting the wife loose on a shop trip whilst I sat drinking coffee and brandy and watching two long-legged blondes wearing tights, thongs and not much else strut about advertising the Benidorm Palace nightclub. Disgusting, er, I think... :P

Just a typical Costa holiday;very laid back all told, lounging, swimming, sight-seeing, sunbathing and watching the world go by. All human life was there (including a creature in a baseball cap and hooded top, believe it or not), a party of mis-shapes dressed in XXXXXX's Hen Party T-shirts who could only be British and more Japanese tourists than I've seen in a long time.. If Spain is now a non-smoking country, all I can say is no one told the Spaniards. Only place you couldn't smoke was in the ice-cream parlours. Even at Alicante airport there is an area behind one of the bars in the departure lounge where you can go. Very civilised country is Spain. :)

Food was excellent (including my favourite Gazpacho Andalus soup done traditional style with bowls of croutons, chopped tomatoes, onions and greens. Bruce will know all about that one). I also had, in one place, a T-Bone Cafe de Paris, done in a sort of horseradish sauce with cheese-stuffed mushrooms, fried tomatoes and potato wedges.The drinks, well, as I said, you know all about Spain. Full English breakfasts, including a drink,are about four euros and tobacco is still ridiculously cheap. A distinct lack of music, even music shops, in this area is a major let down although you can soon make up for it in Benidorm which is just a forty minute train journey away on modern high-speed, air-conditioned trains. Six euros forty cents return for two of us). Alicante is the same distance in the opposite direction and trains run once-an-hour.

So there you go. Now I have a lot of reading to catch up on on the boards.

One for the lads: They had an "Amsteleria", a pub where each table has a computerised pump in its centre. No need to call a waiter or visit the bar; you just stick your glass under the tap and press a button. A computer clocks up what you've had and you pay the bill on leaving. Novel.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:40 pm

Welcome back TD. I'm off to Perpignan this weekend (via Girona)

Enjoy the catch up.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

:mrgreen:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: One for the lads: They had an "Amsteleria", a pub where each table has a computerised pump in its centre. No need to call a waiter or visit the bar; you just stick your glass under the tap and press a button. A computer clocks up what you've had and you pay the bill on leaving. Novel.
I fear I'd drown

Sto ut Serviam

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:29 pm

More to the point TANGO, was you allowed to smoke one of your 'funny fags' in the bar? :D
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:29 pm

I want to go

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:54 pm

TANGODANCER wrote: One for the lads: They had an "Amsteleria", a pub where each table has a computerised pump in its centre. No need to call a waiter or visit the bar; you just stick your glass under the tap and press a button. A computer clocks up what you've had and you pay the bill on leaving. Novel.
Unfortunately, Tango, this would clearly contradict the law that we now have in place that prohibits the re-filling of a glass without it firstly being washed. That'll be another choice that has been simply whisked from your grasp on the understanding that it is beyond the limit of your comprehension, and that you might threaten the nation's security by placing down your glass an requesting, by whatever means, computerised or otherwise "Same again, Landlord". :conf:

Welcome home, fella.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:56 pm

just have a supply of fresh glasses by it
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:03 pm

Here, for what it's worth are a coule of pics of El Campello. Really is a charming little place for taking the wife and kids, although not the spot for a riotious holiday. Then again, Benidorm and Alicante flank it either side so.....:

Complex where my brother lives (Alkabir). There's a block of bars/restaurants and a mini supermarket fifty metres from his front door. Everything from early morning English breakfasts to late night boozing.

The complex pool. Everything from toddler depth to dive in. The pic only shows half of it and there's a bar/cafe on site.

The Port.

The town landmark watchtower. Built in 1554 to spot Berber pirates bent on a rampage, loot and pillage holiday.

All in all, a good chill-out spot.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Unfortunately, Tango, this would clearly contradict the law that we now have in place that prohibits the re-filling of a glass without it firstly being washed. That'll be another choice that has been simply whisked from your grasp on the understanding that it is beyond the limit of your comprehension, and that you might threaten the nation's security by placing down your glass an requesting, by whatever means, computerised or otherwise "Same again, Landlord". :conf:

Welcome home, fella.
Come on Bruce, it's Spain. Since when did they obey laws? :wink: