warrington

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

warrington

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:56 pm

Anyone around here live in Warrington, near Warrington, been to Warrington, know about lash ups in Warrington?

To me its just a train stop on the way to Liverpool and the home of Ikea, but were heading there after Chester races on Saturday for a blow out, i just wondered what it was like, if there are any recommendations or avoidances, any decent blart etc???

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:58 pm

Any avoidances? Warrington in general.

Lived there for a while about 2 years ago or so - hated every day in the frigging place. There's a couple of decent boozers, but not much in the way of nightlife in general to be honest. Dunno if any of them have availed themselves of a late license, though. What're you after? Pubs, clubs?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:19 pm

blurred wrote:Any avoidances? Warrington in general.

Lived there for a while about 2 years ago or so - hated every day in the frigging place. There's a couple of decent boozers, but not much in the way of nightlife in general to be honest. Dunno if any of them have availed themselves of a late license, though. What're you after? Pubs, clubs?
yeah, pubs, clubs - that about sums it up! were on a 40th, but its a mixed age group, im only 26, so were after places with a bit of atmosphere, few cheesey tunes, some choice skirt, and preferably no nob-heads!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:02 pm

Cue, enter Crazy Horse on the Chippy's of Warrington! :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 pm

Why Warrington?

It's quite good to stay in Chester on race days.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Blue_nose_boy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Blue_nose_boy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:25 pm

warrington is full of d**k heads at night, probably not the best place to go

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:33 pm

If you're after tunes and something to do then you'll probably end up somewhere shite like the Chicago Rock Café. Next to that there's the Posterngate (boozer by day but they put some tunes on at the weekend) and across the road is the Wetherspoons, all within spitting distance of each other.

I'd agree with Mummy, though, if staying in Chester's an option I'd highly recommend it over Warrington - especially on raceday when the place'll be crawling with totty in posh frocks :D

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:35 pm

blurred wrote:I'd agree with Mummy, though, if staying in Chester's an option I'd highly recommend it over Warrington - especially on raceday when the place'll be crawling with totty in posh frocks :D
Exactly.

And plenty of not-so-posh frocks too!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:52 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Why Warrington?

That was the original idea, but its a stop over trip and we could not get a hotel in chester, I would have prefered to go to Liverpool, christ knows why they chose Warrington but they did, and we have digs booked there now so thats where were going, nice change anyways? probably hang around in chester for a bit after the races anyway?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:19 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Why Warrington?

That was the original idea, but its a stop over trip and we could not get a hotel in chester, I would have prefered to go to Liverpool, christ knows why they chose Warrington but they did, and we have digs booked there now so thats where were going, nice change anyways? probably hang around in chester for a bit after the races anyway?
I'd definitely advocate staying for a few pints in Chester first, then heading to Warrington.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:46 pm

:(

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:19 pm

is mr smith's still there??
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:31 pm

fatshaft wrote:
:(
yeah - cheers! can't wait now!

Bench
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: warrington

Post by Bench » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:27 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Anyone around here live in Warrington, near Warrington, been to Warrington, know about lash ups in Warrington?

To me its just a train stop on the way to Liverpool and the home of Ikea, but were heading there after Chester races on Saturday for a blow out, i just wondered what it was like, if there are any recommendations or avoidances, any decent blart etc???
Shit hole.

The local lingo is a cross between deep-Manc and deep-Scouse. T'aint pretty.
Smarties have answers.....

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:33 pm

I was in Culcheth once for about 12 hours at a house party. It was very big house and an ace party, but the home didn't make for pleasant viewing.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:36 pm

Mr Smiths!!!

God even the name makes me shudder
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:41 pm

David Lee's Hair wrote:Mr Smiths!!!

God even the name makes me shudder
hehehehehehehe
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:59 pm

Yes Mr Smiths is still there...I think it's now in colour (as opposed to black and white when I used to attend)

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:46 pm

Verbal wrote:I was in Culcheth once for about 12 hours at a house party. It was very big house and an ace party, but the home didn't make for pleasant viewing.
Culcheth (or at least everywhere except Mee Brow) is the posh bit of Warrington (though not posh enough to be considered part of Leigh!)

Used to go out in Warrington on a semi-regular basis a couple of years ago and it's a decent laugh for a few cheesy tunes and to basically get lashed - if you don't go looking for dickheads, then you probably won't find any.

Last I heard (albeit from an Orford-based Leyther), Mr. Smiths had been shut down.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:08 am

Leyther_Matt wrote:
Verbal wrote:I was in Culcheth once for about 12 hours at a house party. It was very big house and an ace party, but the home didn't make for pleasant viewing.
Culcheth (or at least everywhere except Mee Brow) is the posh bit of Warrington (though not posh enough to be considered part of Leigh!)

Used to go out in Warrington on a semi-regular basis a couple of years ago and it's a decent laugh for a few cheesy tunes and to basically get lashed - if you don't go looking for dickheads, then you probably won't find any.

Last I heard (albeit from an Orford-based Leyther), Mr. Smiths had been shut down.
Rick Astley is from Culcheth, reason enough not to go
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless