The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Jokers in White
Reliable
Reliable

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by Jokers in White » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:12 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
a1 wrote:
Jokers in White wrote:I'm getting pissed off with the EA Server's on fifa 12, can't finish a online pro club match without being disconnected. My internet is fine signal strength always full bars, does anyone else have this problem?
might be two different things "full bars" on the xbox usually means yr wireless router is talking to the xbox 'well' .

"disconnected" implies (?) the internet connection cutting off totally (this would also cut off laptops/tv/phones connected to the router from the internet also) while possibly keeping their wifi/lan connections to the router itself alive.

but you might not mean anything like that. you might mean booted back to the "lobby" , or some luser trying to keep his undefeated streak alive by quiting , just having trouble with that one game , or some shizz thats not disconnected/fullbars/wifi/modem/technical related.

knowing EA though , it could be owt.
EA servers are notorious for being flaky....

Is your NAT open? Moderate?

Also are you wired/wireless?

I find that I only get reliable xbox live play when wired.....
My NAT is open, i'm on a wireless network but i have got a ethernet cable to go wired at anytime because my network bridge is set up and ready if i choose to go wired.

It only happens with Fifa 12 all the rest of my games are fine, i have been disconnected from the ea servers that's what comes up. It don't half piss me off when you can be winning 3-0 then it does it then you lose the match, bet the other guy at the other end is pissing his sides, i'll have no teeth left to grind at this rate.
Seems as though it could be your opponents quitting...
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox ... spx#625267" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for that link! Ea need to sort that out and soon.
https://twitter.com/Chaddy_81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

spikeykev
Promising
Promising

Post by spikeykev » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:55 am

Jakerbeef wrote:
spikeykev wrote:Completely bored by games at the moment I've decided to go back into the old school world of survival horror. Bought Silent Hill 4, Fear 1-3 and Fatal Frame, Project Zero 2. Sold Skyrim already just found it boring, although the world is fantastic, been thinking about picking up Dark Souls but not sure...
You can't beat a good survival horror, I haven't played SH4 yet but the plot sounds superb. Though Forbidden Siren and Fatal Frame games were too difficult for me.

I've been holding off on playing Dead Space and FEAR because I've lately become something of a big girl's blouse. :oops:
Managed to do FEAR 1, really good game even though its a bit dated, some parts make you jump and excellent atmosphere. Also finished Silent Hill 1 on psp (working my way through those SH games) I did pick up Dark Souls today it's excellent, very tough like everyone says but very rewarding too when you finally kill a boss that's whooped your ass for two hours!

Dead space 1 is good and jumpy, however the second one was a complete letdown. Don't know what happened but the atmosphere is just...well...dead (excuse the pun!)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:53 am

When your opponent quits on FIFA 12, it comes up in the top right corner "Your opponent has been disconnected" or somesuch
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Cheese
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Cheese » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Cheese wrote:I only got Oblivion a month ago, and I've been completely engrossed ever since. My Mrs is getting me Skyrim for Christmas, but I'm more than happy sticking with Oblivion for a while yet.
Yes, I think ignoring that Skyrim is undoubtedly more "beautiful" to look at (and the fact that the Oblivion gates can get a bit samey). There's still a great game in there.
Indeed, but I've been playing Skyrim since Christmas, and I can't ever imagine going back to Oblivion now. I'm completely addicted. Think I'm around 100 hrs in, hardly scraped the surface of the proper quests, and I'm still discovering something new every night. Most immersive game I've ever played by a long way.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:07 pm

boltonboris wrote:When your opponent quits on FIFA 12, it comes up in the top right corner "Your opponent has been disconnected" or somesuch
Thats the theory but clearly it doesn't always work like that, or people have found an exploit...

NiceHotCuppaTea
Promising
Promising

Post by NiceHotCuppaTea » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:36 pm

If an opponent quits it'll usually say connection has been lost...

Thing is, people will quit if you're gonna beat them by 3 because a forfeit will give you an automatic 3-0 win anyway, so why draw it out.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:18 pm

Oh my

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmC1lZeQad4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:42 pm

I lost faith in the series after 5. No longer survival horror by any stretch, even if 4 was one of the best games of recent years...

Pity Silent Hill has gone so downhill lately.

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:41 pm

Catherine finally comes out over here next month. If you like something a bit different from your gaming, worth a look at the demo at least...

You can queue up a trailer for it here: http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-GB/Produ ... ?cid=SLink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:47 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
keveh wrote:The main thing that is putting me off BF3 is that I don't get long to play and from what I've been told you need a decent stint to get involved properly.
MW3 is brilliant to just jump on for half an hour.
I'm exactly the same, probably for the same reasons.....

Which is why I've always stuck to COD in past for quick sessions.

But BF3 is little different. On rush or conquest modes games take between 10 and 25 minutes....usually around 15 minutes, so play a couple each session....

TDM is essentially same length as COD games. (though rush and conquest are so awesome).

Takes a while to get good I imagine but even though I die frequently its still infinitely more fun than MW3. And as I say I'm a new convert.

Trust me it'll completely change how you view online FPS games. Or make you throw your controller at the screen in frustration. Or in my case both...

Nothing more satisfying than destroying an enemy tank, capturing the objective and holding it for your team till reinforcements arrive. Not that I manage any of that....
I was a huge fan of BF2 but not so much with the third.. To many people hiding a sniping all game.. No balance anymore IMO. People just climb the nearest hill or onto the nearest roof and get comfortable :lol:

Willing to let my copy go if anybody wants to purchase it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:52 pm

ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
keveh wrote:The main thing that is putting me off BF3 is that I don't get long to play and from what I've been told you need a decent stint to get involved properly.

But BF3 is little different. On rush or conquest modes games take between 10 and 25 minutes....usually around 15 minutes, so play a couple each session....

TDM is essentially same length as COD games. (though rush and conquest are so awesome).

Takes a while to get good I imagine but even though I die frequently its still infinitely more fun than MW3. And as I say I'm a new convert.

Trust me it'll completely change how you view online FPS games. Or make you throw your controller at the screen in frustration. Or in my case both...

Nothing more satisfying than destroying an enemy tank, capturing the objective and holding it for your team till reinforcements arrive. Not that I manage any of that....
I was a huge fan of BF2 but not so much with the third.. To many people hiding a sniping all game.. No balance anymore IMO. People just climb the nearest hill or onto the nearest roof and get comfortable :lol:

Absolutely agree. However there are solutions. If they are on the enemy team, kill them. Repeatedly, they soon give up.

If they are on your team, M320 smoke grenades, keep firing smoke at them and block their view. Equally they soon give up.

Some games on it are rubbish. Some are absolutely brilliant. Funnily enough when you play a really good team it makes for a great game because they force proper play through their use of vehicles etc.

First in the series I've played and have heard that some of the seasoned pro's aren't massively impressed. I guess that was inevitable with a series going mainstream across consoles...still I'll not be going back to COD....

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Absolutely agree. However there are solutions. If they are on the enemy team, kill them. Repeatedly, they soon give up.

If they are on your team, M320 smoke grenades, keep firing smoke at them and block their view. Equally they soon give up.

Some games on it are rubbish. Some are absolutely brilliant. Funnily enough when you play a really good team it makes for a great game because they force proper play through their use of vehicles etc.

First in the series I've played and have heard that some of the seasoned pro's aren't massively impressed. I guess that was inevitable with a series going mainstream across consoles...still I'll not be going back to COD....

Oh I have had much fun annoying campers but it tires after a while :lol:

What's your xbox addy?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:22 am

Been playing Skyrim the last couple of nights.. didn't think I'd like.

Fookin' love it!! Unbelievable game

My wife is going to leave me...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:04 pm

boltonboris wrote:Been playing Skyrim the last couple of nights.. didn't think I'd like.

Fookin' love it!! Unbelievable game

My wife is going to leave me...
I had a bit of a blast on Sunday...before I knew it a number of hours slipped by...just on some side quests...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:17 am

Skyrim is glitcharama to be honest. There's three quests I can't complete because of them. Bugger.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:40 pm

Andy Waller wrote:Skyrim is glitcharama to be honest. There's three quests I can't complete because of them. Bugger.
Not come across any yet, that I can't complete for anything other than my own incompetence...

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:27 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Andy Waller wrote:Skyrim is glitcharama to be honest. There's three quests I can't complete because of them. Bugger.
Not come across any yet, that I can't complete for anything other than my own incompetence...
There's meant to be loads of them. I suppose it's a huge game so to be expected. Had a slight paddy when I had to do 4 sub-quests, got to the door, bloody door wouldn't move. Arse.
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:17 am

One aspect is pissing me off, no end.

The fact that you can't restart a quest. I am doing the Thalmor party thing and I didn't give my gear to the elf bloke to stash for you when you get inside, so I'm trying to kill about 300 guards with no armour or weaponry!

Not doing well

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:17 am

boltonboris wrote:One aspect is pissing me off, no end.

The fact that you can't restart a quest. I am doing the Thalmor party thing and I didn't give my gear to the elf bloke to stash for you when you get inside, so I'm trying to kill about 300 guards with no armour or weaponry!

Not doing well
So - let's be clear here. You're pissed off at the fact you were given about 15 goes to say "take this kit for me" and roundly ignored them all? I think that's pretty unfair of the devs to do such a thing TBH. :mrgreen:

Think if you get past the first fight, they all drop armour and stuff (IIRC). You still have your magic, so cast some defensive spells (bound armour etc.) pre first fight. Cast fear or some such, see if that works. Use Flame Atronach or something similar to give you a bit of moral support.

You could also try - changing fighting difficulty for the course of the fight to the "I'm a wuss and didn't read the dialogue properly" setting.

And for future reference, use multiple save points, so you can go back to a "fairly recent" one...

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:19 am

The wuest tell you to speak to the bird.. Which I did, and she says "You can't go in to a party dressed like that"so I had to give her my gear to carry on.. Grrrrr