Headmaster's killer to get new identity

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Headmaster's killer to get new identity

Post by bobby5 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Quite unbelievable.
Under the plans, Learco Chindamo, 26, and his close family will be given new names and moved to an address away from London, where he grew up and where his mother, stepfather and brothers still live.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... rco126.xml
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:36 pm

why?

clearly he has little chance of anything like a normal life or the opportunity to try and have a normal life having served his time. Irrespective of the crime, we live in a society that says once your time is done you have the right to try again, and we as human beings should be supportive of that, rather than the lynch-mob mentality bent on revenge irrespective of its morality, rationality or legality that the Daily Fascist and Daily Nazi-sympathiser would have people follow.

If there is an issue to be had with the scenario then it could/should be laid at the sentencing in the first instance, not the fact that in a supposedly educated society those who have wronged and been punished are given a chance to put something back in to society by living a useful life.

Or would you sooner people like him are returned back to whence they came. Beaten up and/or killed by a baying mob or forced in a life of crime having been ostracised by the community, in and out of prison, costing society even more and illustrating its failures?

If you want to blame someone/thing for this, then look towards the media who have whipped up the storm around him not being sent back to Italy and have printed his photo a thousand times alongside partisan vitriol. They've made it impossible for him to otherwise go about his life, no doubt they'll try and hunt him down again, mean another new identity and move at our expense and for no other purpose than their circulation.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:42 pm

Odd. I can't argue with any of that, commie. Spot on!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Or would you sooner people like him are returned back to whence they came. Beaten up and/or killed by a baying mob or forced in a life of crime having been ostracised by the community, in and out of prison, costing society even more and illustrating its failures. ?
yep !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:03 am

[quote="bobo the clown"][quote]Or would you sooner people like him are returned back to whence they came.

In this case yes, its called Italy were he was born.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:07 am

wovlad wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Or would you sooner people like him are returned back to whence they came.

and do we need to go through the nonsense that is this statement again?

He's a product of this country, not Italy, there's no legal grounds for extradition, should I continue? :roll:

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 11:14 am

Haven't you heard Commie? Rational thinkers are worse than paedophiles these days. I recommend you make yourself a placard expressing your 'outrage', then try to mingle with the rest of the angry mob before they turn on YOU.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:34 pm

Lennon wrote:Haven't you heard Commie? Rational thinkers are worse than paedophiles these days. I recommend you make yourself a placard expressing your 'outrage', then try to mingle with the rest of the angry mob before they turn on YOU.
maybe theyre 'angry' just because really theyre frightened of being stabbed by people they dont know ?..

theres crackerjacks on both sides , just look how many peeps want george bush 2 murderated / mcdonalds banned / stalin back etc .. "rational thinkers" are rarely that , they just think they are ..

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:14 pm

a1 wrote:maybe theyre 'angry' just because really theyre frightened of being stabbed by people they dont know ?..

theres crackerjacks on both sides , just look how many peeps want george bush 2 murderated / mcdonalds banned / stalin back etc .. "rational thinkers" are rarely that , they just think they are ..
What on Earth are you talking about?

Being in constant fear of being stabbed by people you don't know for no particular reason is called paranoia. And what has any of this got to do with George Bush, McDonalds and Stalin?

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:21 pm

since when has anything A1 said made sense.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:54 pm

the thing you sed about angry mob types going everywhere with "outrage" placards is no different than say hippies doing the same over their campains .. to me its the same - both fecked and probably a waste of time .. i know its about different things - its just weird people do the same thing - campain with placards and shit and one side thinks the other isnt rational somewhere..

he's out now , unless they put him back on a wierd law technical thing , theres nowt nobody can do .. you could tell he'd have to change his name and be guarded and that , its happened before , they didnt change prison sentences though either when it happened last time... so not only are the angry mob still being "stupid" about it , these law types are still handing out stupid 5 minute long prison sentences ..

its fecked ..

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:10 pm

a1 wrote:the thing you sed about angry mob types going everywhere with "outrage" placards is no different than say hippies doing the same over their campains .. to me its the same - both fecked and probably a waste of time .. i know its about different things - its just weird people do the same thing - campain with placards and shit and one side thinks the other isnt rational somewhere..
I am not sure what you mean by hippies and their 'campains' - if you refer to the 1960s, there was a point to it all - it was a relatively peaceful rebellion against the state in the time of segregated schools, McArthyis, the draft and the Vietnam war. It is hard to imagine that era from the safe vantage point of the 21st century. Believe it or not America did become a more liberal place as a result. Granted hippies also smoked dope, made free love and didn't wash too much but they didn't harm many people other than themselves. This is a far cry from a vigilante mob baying for the blood of a single paroled prisoner. Any campaign against sentencing laws should not spring from an isolated case but be sustained and, yes, rational.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:18 pm

a1 wrote:the thing you sed about angry mob types going everywhere with "outrage" placards is no different than say hippies doing the same over their campains .. to me its the same - both fecked and probably a waste of time .. i know its about different things - its just weird people do the same thing - campain with placards and shit and one side thinks the other isnt rational somewhere..

he's out now , unless they put him back on a wierd law technical thing , theres nowt nobody can do .. you could tell he'd have to change his name and be guarded and that , its happened before , they didnt change prison sentences though either when it happened last time... so not only are the angry mob still being "stupid" about it , these law types are still handing out stupid 5 minute long prison sentences ..

its fecked ..
:?

You've completely lost me. Forget it.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:54 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote: I am not sure what you mean by hippies and their 'campains' - if you refer to the 1960s, there was a point to it all - it was a relatively peaceful rebellion against the state in the time of segregated schools, McArthyis, the draft and the Vietnam war. It is hard to imagine that era from the safe vantage point of the 21st century. Believe it or not America did become a more liberal place as a result. Granted hippies also smoked dope, made free love and didn't wash too much but they didn't harm many people other than themselves. This is a far cry from a vigilante mob baying for the blood of a single paroled prisoner. Any campaign against sentencing laws should not spring from an isolated case but be sustained and, yes, rational.
shit , i knew i'd spelt campain wrong ..

no i'm not refering to the 60s , i'm just saying people going "stupid middle class nimby reactionarys" but when you change the situation to say george bush , mcdonalds , or whatever,.. the same thing happens just "hippies" go apeshit over something instead and turn into "hippie reactionaries" or whatever.. all you have to do is change something around slightly and the next thing you know "you"/"i"/"him"/"we" are being the stupid bastard about something .. being clever about it wont make them change their minds.. if owt they'll go worse.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:57 pm

Can't see much wrong with A1's logic. It might not be the most articulately expressed view but all he's saying (as I see it) is that the whole thing is going round in circles without any particular lessons being learned, ie, these things keep happening and one side comes up with outrage,, principally based on the inadequacies of the law to make the punishment meet the crime, whilst the other upholds the law's principals, yet blames it for its own poor judgement in too-light sentencing.

Please note, I make no comment on the stated situation, my views are my own on that, just state how I see what A1 is saying. I may be wrong so I'll state it's just my opinion. I learned a long time ago not to listen to people's "accents" or methods of speech, but to listen to what they're actually saying. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:these things keep happening and one side comes up with outrage,, principally based on the inadequacies of the law to make the punishment meet the crime, whilst the other upholds the law's principals, yet blames it for its own poor judgement in too-light sentencing.
It might well just be a lawyer's distinction, but as Monty has already helpfully pointed out, perhaps in the other thread on this case, sentence length is much more a political question than it is a legal one.
Last edited by mummywhycantieatcrayons on Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:40 pm

Thanks, PB. I wonder how our penalties compare with the UK. Over here dangerous driving where injury occurs the maximum sentence sentence is ten years (life imprisonment if fleeing from the police at the time). Leaving the scene of an accident is five years, ten if it is known someone is injured and life if it is known that someone was killed. Frankly I doubt that someone convicted of both offences would be out in three years. Over here the offender would likely get ten years, assuming concurrent sentences, and only be eligible for parole after half the sentence is served. If the driver was impaired, the maximum sentence would be life with eligibility for parole after ten years - flight might be an indicator of probable impairment. These are all maximum sentences if the offender is indicted and, depending on circumstances, the sentences could be less. I don't know what the mitigating factors could be in the case in question.

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:32 am

communistworkethic wrote:
wovlad wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
Or would you sooner people like him are returned back to whence they came.

and do we need to go through the nonsense that is this statement again?

He's a product of this country, not Italy, there's no legal grounds for extradition, should I continue? :roll:
Home office believes there is hence they are appealling the decision made by the Asylum &
Immigration Tribunal
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:49 am

they can appeal all they want, doesn't mean they have a chance or that it's right. They're pandering to the press, nothing more.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:58 am

communistworkethic wrote:they can appeal all they want, doesn't mean they have a chance or that it's right. They're pandering to the press, nothing more.
Aye and the press are pandering to the narrow minded masses hell bent on revenge who read their dross on a daily basis