RUGBY WORLD CUP THREAD

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Good effort and exceeded all pre-tournament expectations.

I think there will be a few international retirements and allow some of the promising upcoming English players their chance in next years six nations.

Congratulations to South Africa during the tournament they have been the best team.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:13 pm

who won?

i watched a superb film about a lad who commits murders based on creating the perfect perfume instead of the game

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
James B wrote:gave away stupid penalties and the saffers were deserved winners, but things could have been very different had we been awarded that blatant try
Not sure why they were deserved winners as we gave them all the points. They only came near a try once in the whole game.
Errr, we gave them all the points by trying to cheat. RSA were very worthy winners. Learn to live with it!
Yes sir. Sorry for being English and disappointed.
Tango. Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. Try being honest and pragmatic when doubting as to why the facts surrounding an event actually stack up. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:31 pm

england played with the tactics of a team that didn't want to lose rather than one that wanted to win, then backed that up with poor kicking and silly penalties.

Anyone suggesting that SA didn't deseve to win because we "gave them all their points", I'm sorry but that's plain silly. It's a very good reason why they did deserve to win, because England infringed regularly as they couldn't deal with SA within the laws.

Couple of odd decisions by the ref re unintentional offside and crossig but not the "try", either way, the best team in the tournament won.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:06 am

communistworkethic wrote:england played with the tactics of a team that didn't want to lose rather than one that wanted to win, then backed that up with poor kicking and silly penalties.

Anyone suggesting that SA didn't deseve to win because we "gave them all their points", I'm sorry but that's plain silly. It's a very good reason why they did deserve to win, because England infringed regularly as they couldn't deal with SA within the laws.

Couple of odd decisions by the ref re unintentional offside and crossig but not the "try", either way, the best team in the tournament won.
Thank-you. I thought that I was out on a limb, there.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:54 am

communistworkethic wrote:england played with the tactics of a team that didn't want to lose rather than one that wanted to win, then backed that up with poor kicking and silly penalties.

I can't help thinking that we played the game as best we could against SA. Had we played it any other way we would have gotten battered. It's just a shame we never managed to get our noses in front, as that's when we seam to be at our best.

Anyone know the nationality of the 4th official who made the call (that will still be echoing around the media outlets come the next world cup)

Not claiming anything of course, I was just wondering if he was the only Frenchman not on strike yesterday! :D

One things for sure, we came away with a hell of a lot more then just runner up medals yesterday. Well done boys!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:42 am

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:

I can't help thinking that we played the game as best we could against SA. Had we played it any other way we would have gotten battered. It's just a shame we never managed to get our noses in front, as that's when we seam to be at our best.

Anyone know the nationality of the 4th official who made the call (that will still be echoing around the media outlets come the next world cup)

Not claiming anything of course, I was just wondering if he was the only Frenchman not on strike yesterday! :D

One things for sure, we came away with a hell of a lot more then just runner up medals yesterday. Well done boys!
The fourth official was an Australian.

scottishlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scottishlad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:15 am

Arthur Askey, Jive Bunny, red-faced c*nts eating double-egg and chips in Spanish beachside cafes withe there england strip on all week, Dear Deidrie, El Tel, The Chuckle Brothers, to me to you, a pint of bitter, coming to a standstill because of a slight flurry of snow, Bernard Matthews, Ian fecking Wright, old maids cycling to Holy Communion through the morning mist...can you hear me you Morris Dancers...your boys took a hell of a beating from brother mandella!
"It's the carrot at the end of the rainbow"

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:41 am

scottishlad wrote:Arthur Askey, Jive Bunny, red-faced c*nts eating double-egg and chips in Spanish beachside cafes withe there england strip on all week, Dear Deidrie, El Tel, The Chuckle Brothers, to me to you, a pint of bitter, coming to a standstill because of a slight flurry of snow, Bernard Matthews, Ian fecking Wright, old maids cycling to Holy Communion through the morning mist...can you hear me you Morris Dancers...your boys took a hell of a beating from brother mandella!
You gotta be in the final for a chance to win it... :D

scottishlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scottishlad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:10 pm

jaffka wrote:
scottishlad wrote:Arthur Askey, Jive Bunny, red-faced c*nts eating double-egg and chips in Spanish beachside cafes withe there england strip on all week, Dear Deidrie, El Tel, The Chuckle Brothers, to me to you, a pint of bitter, coming to a standstill because of a slight flurry of snow, Bernard Matthews, Ian fecking Wright, old maids cycling to Holy Communion through the morning mist...can you hear me you Morris Dancers...your boys took a hell of a beating from brother mandella!
You don't say lol.

Lewis Hamilton today

Good time for an engine failure!

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:15 pm

thought you nicked that from trainspotting at first.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:49 pm

not as big a beating as your boys took though when they went out in the earlier rounds, eh? Nobber.

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

scottishlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scottishlad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:35 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
not as big a beating as your boys took though when they went out in the earlier rounds, eh? Nobber.
hahahahahahaha Who cares hahahaha BAWBAG LOL you no got a marathon to run or something lol

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:38 pm

scottishlad wrote:
jaffka wrote:
You don't say lol.

Lewis Hamilton today

Must be great to be Scottish when all you have to look forward to is a perceived failure of a superior nation... :roll:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:27 pm

scottishlad wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:
hahahahahahaha Who cares hahahaha BAWBAG LOL you no got a marathon to run or something lol
surely that's "tae run", seeing as you're keen to use the vernacular?
:roll:

scottishlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scottishlad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:38 pm

jaffka wrote:
scottishlad wrote:
jaffka wrote:
You don't say lol.

Lewis Hamilton today

Must be great to be Scottish when all you have to look forward to is a perceived failure of a superior nation... :roll:
scotland

Country that's way better than England. Why? Hmmm, where to start..?

-EDUCATION: Scotland has a far better education system, we produce the second highest number of university graduates in the world (second to the United States) and there are no tuition fees, only problem with this is our universities are now crawling with English 'tuition fee refugees'. We should stop letting them in, but then who can blame them for trying, they do, after all have a third rate education system.

-INVENTIVENESS: You name it, chances are we invented it just a few examples are Television, VCR, Telephone, Photocopier, Fax Machine, electric light etc etc. Now what has England invented? Oh, that's right, not a DAMN thing!

-LANDSCAPE: While England boasts flat, featureless terrain Scotland is largely rugged and mountainous, we are the wildlife capital of Europe and have some of the finest scenery found anywhere in the world, not to mention some of the last remaining wilderness areas of Europe. What has England got... other than a geriatric royal family and a mediocre football team?

-FOOD: Now I know English like to turn their nose up at Scottish food and that of many other countries, but what about their own 'cooking'? Liver and onions? Pea soup? Kidney, eel and fish pie? BARF! Hmmm I'll take haggis any day thanks, plus we have great whiskey and awesome beer which, unlike those poncey English feck*, we don't drink at room temperature

-ACCENTS: Say what you want about our accents but at the end of the day it's a lot better than that creepy-ass paedo-sounding accent most English have.

Scotland:5 England:0

I have really merely scratched the very surface of why Scotland is better but I tire of writing this.

So, slag Scotland all you want, truth of the matter is it's way better than jolly olde England, think you're all just bitter because no one takes you seriously anymore...Pathetic, little wonder.

scottishlad
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by scottishlad » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:44 pm

Q. What do you have when 100 English football fans are buried up to their necks in sand?

A. Not enough sand.

Lmfao lol

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:58 pm

you really are a bit dim aren't you? I suggest you go and do your research again, not least on the inventors.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:59 pm

We submit to you

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:12 pm

Looks like I have got it all wrong, the men in dresses who never win anything and can only take pleasure from England, glorious England not winning, are superior... :roll: