Spider Solitaire

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Spider Solitaire

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:22 pm

112 moves! anyone sad enough to beat that??

I'm dead chuffed by the way!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Spider Solitaire

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:36 pm

boltonboris wrote:112 moves! anyone sad enough to beat that??

Yeah, we're gonna need video evidence as proof I'm afraid.... :mrgreen:
Businesswoman of the year.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:38 pm

Is there a link? I might be bored enough to try.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:38 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:

haha! I actually took a picture of it on my phone to gloat to my housemate, if I can figure out how to put it on to my computer it'll be there for all to see!! It beat my previous best of 114 - I'm supposed to be working to be honest!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:39 pm

boltonboris wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:

haha! I actually took a picture of it on my phone to gloat to my housemate, if I can figure out how to put it on to my computer it'll be there for all to see!! It beat my previous best of 114 - I'm supposed to be working to be honest!
NM found it :oops:

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:39 pm

Worthy4England wrote:

Is there a link? I might be bored enough to try.

Go to start in the bottom left of our PC, games and spider solitaire

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:44 pm

I normally get around 108.

Though that is on the easy setting (one suit) :P
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:12 pm

How many suits?
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:17 pm

I'm more embarrassed to learn that it tells you how many moves you did it in; I've been playing for years and never knew that. :oops:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:23 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I'm more embarrassed to learn that it tells you how many moves you did it in; I've been playing for years and never knew that. :oops:
Don't worry Hoss it is a meaningless stat in some ways. I tend to do the two suit version (medium difficulty) which I get out about three quarters of the time. My son does the four suit version and actually wins that about a quarter of the time (I don't even bother trying). Wins at four suit can take many hundreds of moves and are a greater triumph for the mind than doing it quickly IMHO. The number of moves owes more to the layout of the cards than the cleverness of the player.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:35 pm

I used to play the 2 suits game but it got boring.
Now if I play (which isn't very often), I sometimes play the one suit game, but release all the bottom stacked cards up onto the main play area before starting playing properly. Try it, it's quite a challenge!

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:38 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:I used to play the 2 suits game but it got boring.
Now if I play (which isn't very often), I sometimes play the one suit game, but release all the bottom stacked cards up onto the main play area before starting playing properly. Try it, it's quite a challenge!
I've actually played that way too. It does require a good mix of brain power and luck (which unknown card to turn up when a choice must be made).

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:06 pm

I try to do two suit, but by taking out all four of one suit first, and then all four of the other suit.

That's more of a challange.

I prefer Minesweeper - but I'm stuck on a laptop at the moment, and can't do it fast without a mouse.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:27 pm

chris wrote:I try to do two suit, but by taking out all four of one suit first, and then all four of the other suit.

I prefer Minesweeper - but I'm stuck on a laptop at the moment, and can't do it fast without a mouse.
I've often found that the very last click in the 'difficult' minesweeper comes down to a pure guess in which logic does not help. That can be annoying. My best time is 653 seconds, my usual is flirting with 999 :oops:

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:08 pm

I just cheat to win.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:23 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
chris wrote:I try to do two suit, but by taking out all four of one suit first, and then all four of the other suit.

I've often found that the very last click in the 'difficult' minesweeper comes down to a pure guess in which logic does not help. That can be annoying. My best time is 653 seconds, my usual is flirting with 999 :oops:
I've done it in 86 using a mouse (only 144 on a touchpad)- it's just about recognsing common combinations and their solutions.
'Far away, there in the sunshine are my aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them and try to follow where they may lead.' (Louisa May Alcott)

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:41 pm

chris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

If done it in 86 using a mouse (only 144 on a touchpad)- it's just about recognsing common combinations and their solutions.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 pm

Christ! I can get it int the 160 range when I really get going/lucky.

That last move 50% chance really pisses me off when you've already cleared 98 mines only to lose!

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:50 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
chris wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:

If done it in 86 using a mouse (only 144 on a touchpad)- it's just about recognsing common combinations and their solutions.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
I guess a lot when I could work it out by taking more time.
There are lots of combinations with a unique solution that occur - learn those and it's very easy - my hand is slower than my brain.
There is a lot of luck though - I managed beginner in 2 seconds by just clicking 3 cells

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:51 pm

there is a cheat for minesweeper