Two boys killed crossing motorway

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Two boys killed crossing motorway

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:10 pm

This is, truly, very sad ... and a real tragedy in a world where the word is used when someone breaks a finger nail.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 061237.stm

But, and we need to think this through, where on earth are the Scousers going to put the wreaths ???
Last edited by bobo the clown on Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:20 pm

god knows how they were allowed to get near the motorway at that age

feel sorry for the drivers tbh

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:26 pm

Seven and six years old. At that sort of age they shouldn't be out of their parents sight for five minutes, never mind near a motorway. Tragic all round.
Last edited by TANGODANCER on Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:31 pm

Truly tragic.
But once again I can't help but wonder why a couple of six/seven year olds are out and about in the dark on their own in the first place - and on a school night too. By my reckoning, Murdishaw is at least two miles away from the motorway...a kid aged six.
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Re: Two boys killed crossing motorway

Post by blurred » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:39 pm

bobo the clown wrote:But, and we need to think this through, where on earth are the Sousers going to put the wreaths ???
Are Sousers people from Runcorn who aren't quite Scousers? South of Scousers, perhaps, becomes Souser?

Amazing that these kids thought they could play on the motorway, though. Where's the common sense? Shocking, and I really feel sorry for those drivers that hit them. Nothing they could do but it'll stay with them for ever.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Truly tragic.
But once again I can't help but wonder why a couple of six/seven year olds are out and about in the dark on their own in the first place - and on a school night too. By my reckoning, Murdishaw is at least two miles away from the motorway...a kid aged six.
It's half-term horsey.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:06 pm

Lennon wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Truly tragic.
It's half-term horsey.
:?
Is it? My son isn't off till next week.

Anyway I stand by what I said.
Businesswoman of the year.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:45 pm

Has the mother of the kid who 'fell' from the hotel balcony been found yet?
Sto ut Serviam

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Has the mother of the kid who 'fell' from the hotel balcony been found yet?
Aye. She's dead, they found her in the sea not to far away from the hotel.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:01 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:Has the mother of the kid who 'fell' from the hotel balcony been found yet?
yup, in the sea or somert

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:44 pm

blurred wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:But, and we need to think this through, where on earth are the Sousers going to put the wreaths ???
Are Sousers people from Runcorn who aren't quite Scousers? South of Scousers, perhaps, becomes Souser?

Amazing that these kids thought they could play on the motorway, though. Where's the common sense? Shocking, and I really feel sorry for those drivers that hit them. Nothing they could do but it'll stay with them for ever.
Say's "Scousers" on mine Blurred.
:oops:
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:06 pm

God I've just heard one of the dads on the radio. What an emotionless buck passing Scouse git. "My sister lives down that way, and he was always told not to go past my sister's house" :shock:

What a horrible thing to happen to a parent, but then you here this and you just want to give the nice people a shake. He was SIX FFS! :evil:

Mansell Way
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mansell Way » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Seven and six years old. At that sort of age they shouldn't be out of their parents sight for five minutes, never mind near a motorway. Tragic all round.
If it's two miles away then thats appaling parenting to let them get that far on their own.

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:19 am

Serves the parents right.

Let's hope they put a fence there now

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:08 am

Batman wrote:Serves the parents right.
You heartless bastard! I do hope that your comment comes from tiredness.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:58 am

Mansell Way wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Seven and six years old. At that sort of age they shouldn't be out of their parents sight for five minutes, never mind near a motorway. Tragic all round.
If it's two miles away then thats appaling parenting to let them get that far on their own.
Latest info says it's three hundred yards away and the father is claiming it should have been fenced off. Maybe he's right, but then again, if you lived that near to a motorway you'd make damn sure your kids got nowhere near it. Six years old is no age for kids to fully understand danger of this nature and kids will be kids whatever. . Trouble is, it's too late now, the kids are dead and the parents will live with it for a long time, as will the unfortunate drivers who were involved.

In retrospect, the unguarded moment happens in all lives. You can but do your best. A tragic tale with no good points in it anywhere. We shouldn't be too hard in our views because we never know when tragedy may strike in our own lives .....

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:03 pm

You may recall me saying, with tongue deep into my cheek …
bobo the clown wrote:But, and we need to think this through, where on earth are the Scousers going to put the wreaths ???
Well ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/mers ... 065139.stm
People are risking their lives to pay tribute to two boys killed on the M56 in Cheshire by placing flowers at the carriageway where they died.

Police say a number of floral tributes have been laid on the hard shoulder of the M56 at Preston Brook, near Runcorn.

Officers are urging well-wishers to keep away from the motorway.
European Capital of Grieving !!

I rest my fckg case.

The city should have a great big trench dug around it & then tugged out toward Greenland & sunk.

finlayson
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by finlayson » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:36 pm

What a set of thick b@stards.

What made them think placing wreaths on the motorway was in any way a sensible course of action?

Scouse gits.
:crazy:

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:33 pm

could I just ask has anyone here ever had the urge to lay a wreath, bouquet, soft toy, scarf or somesuch at the site of the death of a total stranger?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:05 pm

communistworkethic wrote:could I just ask has anyone here ever had the urge to lay a wreath, bouquet, soft toy, scarf or somesuch at the site of the death of a total stranger?
No. . If I didn't know them it wouldn't achieve anything. The flowers die, the toys, scarves etc get ruined by the weather (or nicked) and there's a hint of intrusion about it all to me. Leaving these things by a roadside, particularly a motorway just seems totally pointless.