How clever are you - word game

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:08 am

I have donated the magnificent total of 5,500 grains of rice, which is probably the equivalent of two egg cups full.

Good fun but the site does throw in a few curly ones. I managed to attain the heady heights of 49 at one point but couldn't clamber any higher.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:30 am

I can get to 46, but that's it.

Dujon and Monty are just not normal!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:00 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Monty, would you say that as a North American you have an advantage? I think some of them might be American obscurities.
I think its more to do with being 1000 years old and having a dictionary obsession.

:mrgreen:
not sure - Hoosegow isn't in popular use in Lostock - last time I looked....
I hadn't noticed a North American bias but, on the other hand, I did not get hoosegow (which is cowboy talk for gaol). I did seem to get a lot of Middle Eastern and very foreign words once I got up to the higher levels. Often it was a tossup between two answers and on occasion it could have been anything. Obviously I didn't play very long compared to Tango. Thanks, blurred, for the explanation of the rules since I never bothered to look at the FAQ. I'm not a 1000 years old - not more than a couple of centuries (and Dujon is older!).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Le Snake
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Le Snake » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:25 pm

Haven't got above 44 yet. Could it be that living in francophone Quebec is something of a help?

I'm going to conveniently ignore Dujon's rather staggering achievement.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:32 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Got 1420 grains of rice....whatever that means?
It means you stayed on it too long TD :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:40 pm

Le Snake wrote:Haven't got above 44 yet. Could it be that living in francophone Quebec is something of a help?

I'm going to conveniently ignore Dujon's rather staggering achievement.
Many English words have French origins so it may help, but at the higher level I am not convinced the words we are asked to define are ever used in English!
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:13 pm

Le Snake wrote:Haven't got above 44 yet. Could it be that living in francophone Quebec is something of a help?
Oh dear, that's an even poorer attempt at straw clutching than mine!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:41 pm

got up to a couple of hundred or so - and learnt a couple of new words - then got more involved in The Street...