US Elections

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

US Elections

Post by Athers » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:58 pm

So any thoughts on these?

Last night the amiable Barack Obama beat Clinton and Edwards in the opening caucus for the Democratss and a former preacher who wants people with AIDs to be placed in ghettos and gay blokes & women chucked out the army won the Republican vote.... Oh and his slogan is "I like Mike". OK then.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:39 pm

My initial reaction on hearing about the US elections was to thank God that that knobber was finally not going to be the most powerful man in the world.

I'd like Hilary Clinton to become President though. It'd be a right laugh to hear everyone referring to Bill as the first lady.
Businesswoman of the year.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Re: US Elections

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:39 pm

Athers wrote:So any thoughts on these?

Last night the amiable Barack Obama beat Clinton and Edwards in the opening caucus for the Democratss and a former preacher who wants people with AIDs to be placed in ghettos and gay blokes & women chucked out the army won the Republican vote.... Oh and his slogan is "I like Mike". OK then.
None of the democrats are than bad, none of the Republicans that good. Remember this is only Iowa.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:51 pm

Do they still have that voting system whereby they punch holes in paper which leads to a dozen re-counts and has the rest of the world laughing at the Americans and their way of ensuring that democracy reigns supreme? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:59 pm

I believe they walk to corners of the room or put their hands up for these ones.

I'm told that winning Iowa gives at best momentum and at worse nothing, but strikes me that they're going to get more money if they're deemed a front runner. 3 democrats have already dropped out after 1 state.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gaiser
Promising
Promising

Post by gaiser » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:02 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:My initial reaction on hearing about the US elections was to thank God that that knobber was finally not going to be the most powerful man in the world.

I'd like Hilary Clinton to become President though. It'd be a right laugh to hear everyone referring to Bill as the first lady.

:lol:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Do they still have that voting system whereby they punch holes in paper which leads to a dozen re-counts and has the rest of the world laughing at the Americans and their way of ensuring that democracy reigns supreme? :conf:
Not in primaries and, on election day, not in all states. The "hanging chad" problem was restricted to Florida, where Jeb Bush rules the roost.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

H. Pedersen
Passionate
Passionate

Post by H. Pedersen » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:33 pm

Athers wrote:I'm told that winning Iowa gives at best momentum and at worse nothing, but strikes me that they're going to get more money if they're deemed a front runner. 3 democrats have already dropped out after 1 state.
Kerry winning in Iowa, IIRC, really shocked everyone given that Dean was supposedly the front-runner. And Kerry never gave up that momentum. And that's a fundamental problem with our system. Having the primary cycle start in a backwater fly-over state that contributes nothing to the country seems inherently unfair.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:56 pm

I've read that it's often thought that the people of Iowa are generally a little bit more politically educated, though of course having the whole focus on them every 4 years probably helps.

It is weird though you're right.

runningonbravado
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by runningonbravado » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 pm

if there's an assassination attempt on obama on the day of the californian presidential primary, well, i'll just go eat my 24 boxset

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:20 pm

So come the time Amerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrica.................fxck no! come to move Bush out of the WhiteHouse, just where are they planning to hide their weapon of mass destuction? And are they going to drag him kicking and screaming, yelling "once, just ooooooooooooonce.........please let me press it just once!!!"

I also feel it would be fair to have him sit in front of a TV, and let the whole world stick their middle finger up at him before he leaves!!

Nice chap, had access to the end of the world jaknow!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:06 am

Last time a Clinton was in there it was a Presidential Erection, wasn't it? :twisted:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:39 am

Doubt Huckabee can sell himself to New Hampshire in quite the way he did in Iowa...his religious will probably come into question.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Unexpected win for Clinton last night, word is that she nearly cried at some campaign breakfast and it led to an avalanche of late deciders choosing her.

By the way, can Americans not do chants of more than 3 syllables? ;)

O-BAM-A
HIL-A-REE
U-S-A
MAC-IS-BACK
I-LIKE-MIKE

etc!

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:23 pm

Athers wrote:Unexpected win for Clinton last night, word is that she nearly cried at some campaign breakfast and it led to an avalanche of late deciders choosing her.
That's what we want, someone emotionally unstable in charge of the Whitehouse :shock:

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 pm

oh hilary and your borderline boiler daughter

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Looking at the papers this morning you'd think Barack had just won the bloody election
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

marshall_42
Promising
Promising

Post by marshall_42 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Do they still have that voting system whereby they punch holes in paper which leads to a dozen re-counts and has the rest of the world laughing at the Americans and their way of ensuring that democracy reigns supreme? :conf:
'pregnant chads' I believe they were called.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Batman wrote:oh hilary and your borderline boiler daughter
I still would though. Is that wrong?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Batman wrote:oh hilary and your borderline boiler daughter
I still would though. Is that wrong?
I always knew you were a closet Chelsea fan.... :wink: