THE-WANDERER GROUP IS GO!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

THE-WANDERER GROUP IS GO!!!

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:59 pm

Ever thought the site was great but limited? Wanted a place to view pictures from our European invasions? Maybe somewhere you can spend a whole morning watching BWFC videos?

Well now you can. We've decided to use 'Facebook' to expand our site. We can now present 'The-Wanderer Group'

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=9017001747

We're hoping it gives our members another place to visit when the boss isn't looking, to check out all things BWFC.

Don't be shy, make yourself a member today.

Should anyone have a queries, please PM myself, Batman or Hisroyalgingerness.
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:04 pm

I think we need to clarify who is who

so anyone you are unsure of, just ask

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:12 pm

I'm sure it is very nice but I don't have a facebook account. I've heard when you get one all kinds of strangers want to be your friend (I suppose one can protect oneself against that. Still I'll check it out next time my teenage daughter, who does have such an account, comes over.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:45 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'm sure it is very nice but I don't have a facebook account. I've heard when you get one all kinds of strangers want to be your friend (I suppose one can protect oneself against that. Still I'll check it out next time my teenage daughter, who does have such an account, comes over.
You can have high privacy settings (which I use) - there just not particularly well publicised.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: THE-WANDERER GROUP IS GO!!!

Post by fatshaft » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: 'Facebook' .
You're fecking kidding right? Image
Image Image Image

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:I'm sure it is very nice but I don't have a facebook account. I've heard when you get one all kinds of strangers want to be your friend (I suppose one can protect oneself against that. Still I'll check it out next time my teenage daughter, who does have such an account, comes over.
they are so loose with your details they make google look like angels.. you cant even close yr account proper..

so much so somebody found out almost everything about its founder and printed it it some magazine, to teach him a lesson .. he then had the hypocriticalness to moan about privacy..

the idea stealing bastard.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Right, Squaddie. Explain this. I accepted your invitation to join said site. Having done that I saw that I had an invite from you to play Poker. Now, I have no idea how to play poker but seeing as it's not for real money I had a blast at winging it. Of course, I lost all my cash pretty sharply and have exited the game accordingly. However, despite me not only having exited the game but also having exited Facebook entirely (the only internet application that's open on my computer at the moment being the-wanderer) I still have the sound of said card-school coming out of my speakers. Care to explain? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:13 pm

turn your speakers off

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:21 pm

Batman wrote:turn your speakers off
You know what? I've just nipped upstairs for a shit, and on my way back down the stairs, I kid you not, I thought I bet that Batman has posted some rubbish about turning your speakers down. Swear on my mother's life!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:25 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Right, Squaddie. Explain this. I accepted your invitation to join said site. Having done that I saw that I had an invite from you to play Poker. Now, I have no idea how to play poker but seeing as it's not for real money I had a blast at winging it. Of course, I lost all my cash pretty sharply and have exited the game accordingly. However, despite me not only having exited the game but also having exited Facebook entirely (the only internet application that's open on my computer at the moment being the-wanderer) I still have the sound of said card-school coming out of my speakers. Care to explain? :conf:
Click your Start button and look at "all programmes and see if the poker thing has installed itself there. If it has just right click and delete it. Has happened to me a few times with other programmes, "Crazy Girls" etc.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:31 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Click your Start button and look at "all programmes and see if the poker thing has installed itself there. If it has just right click and delete it. Has happened to me a few times with other programmes, "Crazy Girls" etc.
Nowt there, Tango. I'll re-boot and see if that does anything. :(

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm in to up the female members count a tad....

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:41 pm

Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I'm in to up the female members count a tad....
pole?

Sorry, that was rubbish! :oops:

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:45 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Super_Kevin_Davies wrote:I'm in to up the female members count a tad....
pole?

Sorry, that was rubbish! :oops:
Wow Bruce, I've thrown your coat out of the door before you've had chance to get it for that one!!! :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Click your Start button and look at "all programmes and see if the poker thing has installed itself there. If it has just right click and delete it. Has happened to me a few times with other programmes, "Crazy Girls" etc.
Nowt there, Tango. I'll re-boot and see if that does anything. :(
Odd. I gpt the poker thing but not the sound. I have speakers connected and they were on too?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:14 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Right, Squaddie. Explain this. I accepted your invitation to join said site. Having done that I saw that I had an invite from you to play Poker. Now, I have no idea how to play poker but seeing as it's not for real money I had a blast at winging it. Of course, I lost all my cash pretty sharply and have exited the game accordingly. However, despite me not only having exited the game but also having exited Facebook entirely (the only internet application that's open on my computer at the moment being the-wanderer) I still have the sound of said card-school coming out of my speakers. Care to explain? :conf:
You do realise you could also be getting automated emails everytime SOTWA reaches a certain level. (though you can turn that off somewhere)

That's what I've been getting from my 'poker friends' - I've never had the sound problem though.

It's an ok game, but very unrealistic.

chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by chris » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:18 pm

Bruce: Have you tried control-alt-delete to see what's running? It might come up there.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:34 pm

Does it with me too. I thought it must just by me :?

It's good fun mind, and was thinking of starting a T-W only table.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:00 pm

It's disappeared now all by itself! :conf:

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:It's disappeared now all by itself! :conf:
Must be a ghost.