What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply
User avatar
OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:09 am

They had the entire series on DVD (at Sainsburys of all places) a year or two ago but for a 20 + pound asking price I'm not enough of a fan to make a purchase. Strange I've never seen this for sale in more relevant places such as HMV or CeX. I catch the re-runs on ITV3 when they put them on if possible or watch one of the feature films they made (the Safari Park outing is outstanding) but if I miss anything, then can live with it. I have a tangible interest but not a hardcore fan of the series by any means.

Watching now : Broken Arrow (not the one with Indians and James Stewart)

Not surprised in retrospect didn't go to see this on release 20 years ago. It's straight mindless action. A straight to video release if ever there was one. Must have flopped at the box office, I don't even remember them advertising it when it came out.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20684
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:40 pm

Since the announcement, been re-watching League of Gentleman. Forgotten quite how brilliant it is.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful
Posts: 27
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:45 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by WTW » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 pm

The Vietnam War (BBC4) - a ten part series, I think. started well. Not tendentious. Excellent archive footage. good spread of interviewees.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20684
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 pm

Been to watch Oxide Ghosts, a 20 year anniversary documentary of the Brass Eye TV series. Mainly unseen footage. Obvs most of the great stuff went in but there are some gems, worth trying to catch if you're a fan (it's touring).

Followed by a Q&A which was, as all Q&As ever have been, a bag of shite. The general public should have more self re-cocking-spect
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend
Posts: 8708
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:18 pm
Location: Dirty Leeds

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Been to watch Oxide Ghosts, a 20 year anniversary documentary of the Brass Eye TV series. Mainly unseen footage. Obvs most of the great stuff went in but there are some gems, worth trying to catch if you're a fan (it's touring).

Followed by a Q&A which was, as all Q&As ever have been, a bag of shite. The general public should have more self re-cocking-spect
I'll have a look at that. There was some very funny stuff in brasseye.
...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20684
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:08 pm

Thor: Ragnarok.

Girl likes f*cking superhero films so I went to this one on the basis the excellent Taika Waititi directed.

Absolute travesty the waste of talent that goes into kids films. Brilliant cast, decent script, banging soundtrack, but the same f*cking story.

Bad guy is going to take over, piss about figuring it all out for two hours then two indestructible heroes kick seven shades of shit out of each other for half an hour then deus ex machina.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7621
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:49 am

WTW wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:40 pm
The Vietnam War (BBC4) - a ten part series, I think. started well. Not tendentious. Excellent archive footage. good spread of interviewees.
Just getting to the end of this. Superb television
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38690
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm

Peaky Blinders are back tonight. B.B.C2, 9-0'clock. Can't make heroes of thugs and murderers, but they're sure good TV. :grin:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm
Peaky Blinders are back tonight. B.B.C2, 9-0'clock. Can't make heroes of thugs and murderers, but they're sure good TV. :grin:
Sorry. Will be stuck into the Apprentice, despite the fact I think Lord Sugar is a tit of the first order.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38690
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm
Peaky Blinders are back tonight. B.B.C2, 9-0'clock. Can't make heroes of thugs and murderers, but they're sure good TV. :grin:
Sorry. Will be stuck into the Apprentice, despite the fact I think Lord Sugar is a tit of the first order.
You can catch it up on BBC i-player. Followed by Endeavour re-run for me. :)
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:28 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm
Peaky Blinders are back tonight. B.B.C2, 9-0'clock. Can't make heroes of thugs and murderers, but they're sure good TV. :grin:
Sorry. Will be stuck into the Apprentice, despite the fact I think Lord Sugar is a tit of the first order.
You can catch it up on BBC i-player. Followed by Endeavour re-run for me. :)
'kin'ell man! Come ten o'clock I'll be abed... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 36469
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:27 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:21 pm
Peaky Blinders are back tonight. B.B.C2, 9-0'clock. Can't make heroes of thugs and murderers, but they're sure good TV. :grin:
Sorry. Will be stuck into the Apprentice, despite the fact I think Lord Sugar is a tit of the first order.
This. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:16 pm

He's a weapon, Lord Sugar, but he's good value on tele
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend
Posts: 7621
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:47 pm
Location: Half dead in Panama

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:39 pm

Imogen goes West at HOME today. A dark yet funny film well worth watching. Excellent commentary on life and social media
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38690
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 pm

Second episode of the new Peaky Blinders. Best drama series for years. Thomas Shelby is something else.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:57 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:09 pm
Second episode of the new Peaky Blinders. Best drama series for years. Thomas Shelby is something else.
...meanwhile, Sralan fired three in one go. The TV wars are hotting up. Peaky Blinders v The Apprentice. :D
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38690
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm

Watched B.B.C.2, where Magic Millie and Super Steph beat Bosnia Hortzigovina (sp?) with the Lionesses. I've watched the England Women football team for a couple of years and they're almost household names to me. Won 4-0 against a team of real cloggers. Got one penalty, should definitely have had another. Millie Bright and Steph Houghton would get in our lot as central defense. Wonder where Jill Scott got too? Enjoyed the game and they play again on Tuesday.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 13024
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by boltonboris » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm
Millie Bright and Steph Houghton would get in our lot as central defense.
They really wouldn't. You can see they're quite well coached compared to the average Saturday league Amateur, but if they played a team from let's say, the Evo-Stick 2nd division, they'd get thumped about 8-0 at least. I'm being serious
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

User avatar
TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 38690
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:35 pm
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:24 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:47 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:21 pm
Millie Bright and Steph Houghton would get in our lot as central defense.
They really wouldn't. You can see they're quite well coached compared to the average Saturday league Amateur, but if they played a team from let's say, the Evo-Stick 2nd division, they'd get thumped about 8-0 at least. I'm being serious
Ah,okay, I was being a bit tongue in cheek, but theyre' bloody good entertainment. Not that tonight's 5-0 against Kazakstan was any guage. Liz Bardsley only touched the ball about three times whole game, and never with her hands. I enjoy watching them.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

User avatar
Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 18436
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:14 am
Location: In the long grass, hunting for a watering hole.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Uh oh. Her (Blue Planet II), him (Robot Wars). One television, nay surrendah.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests