What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:19 am
Just finished watching the first series of Sunderland 'til I Die. A really interesting take on what was going on behind the scenes, pitched against the blind levels of expectation amongst their supporters.
It's very good isn't it? Season 2 is a good watch too but not as in depth as S1 imo. Wait until you see the negotiations to land Will Grigg :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:19 am
Just finished watching the first series of Sunderland 'til I Die. A really interesting take on what was going on behind the scenes, pitched against the blind levels of expectation amongst their supporters.
Yeah - it was interesting. In fairness the fans didn't come over too badly vs the complete incompetence and greed behind the scenes.

Started season 2 and it feels more "scripted". But still a good watch.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:39 pm

We’ve started Sunderland til I die too. Very much enjoyed ‘The English game’ recently on Netflix, a drama about the history of football, flitting between the ex Etonians who largely invented and codified it and some Scottish lads who came down to Lancashire and were the first professionals getting paid. It shows northern teams trying to play a good, more intelligent version of football so essential viewing for you Boltonians ;)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:45 pm

Just finished S2. Definitely has more of a made-for-television feel about it than the very much fly-on-the-wall feel of S1.

As Harry mentioned, the Will Grigg transfer scenario is everything you'd imagine goes on in the final minutes of a transfer window. It also serves to highlight just how well we nailed Cardiff's Eisteddfod bonnets to the crusts of their heads with Madine.

Thought the more genuine/realistic fans in S2 came over much better than the entitled loudmouths of S1.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:39 pm
Very much enjoyed ‘The English game’ recently on Netflix, a drama about the history of football, flitting between the ex Etonians who largely invented and codified it and some Scottish lads who came down to Lancashire and were the first professionals getting paid.
Going to watch that next. Be interesting to see if the pitch just up the road here at Chapeltown gets a mention as it's believed to be the world's first football pitch. Having played against Old Boltonians on it on several occasions I'm pretty sure it'd win an award for the world's coldest pitch - horizontal hailstones, the lot. :hang:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Very much enjoyed ‘The English game’ recently on Netflix, a drama about the history of football, flitting between the ex Etonians who largely invented and codified it and some Scottish lads who came down to Lancashire and were the first professionals getting paid.
Going to watch that next. Be interesting to see if the pitch just up the road here at Chapeltown gets a mention as it's believed to be the world's first football pitch. Having played against Old Boltonians on it on several occasions I'm pretty sure it'd win an award for the world's coldest pitch - horizontal hailstones, the lot. :hang:
Let me know what you think. I do like a period drama anyway and I did enjoy my history of sport module at uni more then any other on my course so I found it interesting that way too. It’s Darwin that the programme focuses on. Is that near you?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:39 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:08 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
Let me know what you think. I do like a period drama anyway and I did enjoy my history of sport module at uni more then any other on my course so I found it interesting that way too. It’s Darwin that the programme focuses on. Is that near you?
Darwen's a small place that exists halfway between Bolton and Blackburn. Nobody's ever known why. Will do. Sports history has always fascinated me far more than modern day sport.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:41 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:38 pm
It’s Darwin that the programme focuses on.

Ah, so that'd be the evolution of footie. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:06 pm

Film-watching wise, desperation level has to be a re-run of Casey Rybaker (Steven Segal) who , martial arts expert though he may be, is surely one truly awful actor film actor. That's what I descended to last night. :oops:

Anybody beat that?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:27 pm

Clocked something on the life of The Hubble Telescope last night, I enjoy a bit of lightweight science stuff.

Tickled to hear how such an expensive piece of kit has relied time and again on low tech good fortune.

I do like those images they publish.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:04 pm

Tonight I saw our village on the telly! Very excited by this. Possibly need to get out more. :conf:
Attachments
A4D37FF4-F6BE-4B94-BDB1-3B0E2BD9303B.jpeg
A4D37FF4-F6BE-4B94-BDB1-3B0E2BD9303B.jpeg (125.74 KiB) Viewed 940 times

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:02 pm

That's not a village, that's a metropolis! I have to drive 3 hours to see that many houses :)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:52 pm

Tonight’s ‘top gear’ worth a watch for you wanderers fans!