What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:04 pm

Not new, but new to me. Dog House on channel 4OD. Finished the series of 8 now and loved it. For anyone that likes dogs and a bit of heart warming tv it’s a must see. An animal shelter fixing up their rescue dogs with prospective new owners that have varying needs. Really nice to see what a positive difference each can make in each other’s life.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm

Not tonight, last night, the return of " Line of Duty". Good to see all the lead characters back and it looks like another "can't wait for the next episode" plot. If you missed it it will be on IPLAYER by now. . :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 pm

There's a good catch-up over the first five series by Philomena Cunk!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p099hk ... ite]-[SL02]-[PS_IPLAYER~N~~P_ABeginnersGuidetoLineofDuty]

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:50 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:15 pm
There's a good catch-up over the first five series by Philomena Cunk!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p099hk ... ite]-[SL02]-[PS_IPLAYER~N~~P_ABeginnersGuidetoLineofDuty]
Aye, if you haven't seen them it's well worth starting at the beginning . Cracking programme.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:35 pm
Not tonight, last night, the return of " Line of Duty". Good to see all the lead characters back and it looks like another "can't wait for the next episode" plot. If you missed it it will be on IPLAYER by now. . :oyea:
Watched the first one of the new series on Monday, Tango. You just now when you're being bowled a misleading storyline :D
As with a great many TV series', it's something I was pretty much unaware of but have binge-watched from the first series in Lockdown.

Another one for you, and this is one I've followed for the past few years is 'Unforgotten'. Well worth you going back to the beginning of the current series if it's not one you've been watching. In fact, if it's not one that you're familiar with at all then I happily recommend you going back to series one and going from there.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:04 pm
Not new, but new to me. Dog House on channel 4OD. Finished the series of 8 now and loved it. For anyone that likes dogs and a bit of heart warming tv it’s a must see. An animal shelter fixing up their rescue dogs with prospective new owners that have varying needs. Really nice to see what a positive difference each can make in each other’s life.
New documentary released today, Stray, about street dogs in Istanbul. Sounds very well done.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:19 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
New documentary released today, Stray, about street dogs in Istanbul. Sounds very well done.
What channel is that? Sounds a good watch. Though suspect it will make me cry! :oops: :cry:

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:09 am

'various digital platforms' whatever that means. New film release, so presumably would've been at the cinema.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:34 pm

Dunno why I ever watch ‘24 hours in a & e’. It always leaves me emotional! :cry:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:54 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 8:03 am
LeverEnd wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:19 pm
Gooner Girl wrote:
What channel is that? Sounds a good watch. Though suspect it will make me cry! :oops: :cry:

I had a strange dream last night where some blokes in a waggon left/abandoned a German shep on a motorway. The dog, a big friendly looking type set off up the motorway completely baffled as to why it had been left. I wanted to find it and take it home...then I woke up, strangely really upset at a dream. It was so real.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:29 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:54 am

I had a strange dream last night
Me too. I was doing a trade show at the NEC with Tiger Woods. :conf:

Anyway, watched the last episode of the last series (4) of Unforgotten last night. Can't work out if that'll be the last one ever. I hope not as I've enjoyed them all up to now.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Watched the first one of the new series on Monday, Tango. You just now when you're being bowled a misleading storyline :D
True Bruce. This one has more red-herrings than a Fleetwood fishing smack. Can't miss it though. Riveting watching.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:42 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:38 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
True Bruce. This one has more red-herrings than a Fleetwood fishing smack. Can't miss it though. Riveting watching.
Agree entirely, Tango; we're looking forward to watching episode three later. The only thing about it that really grates me though is this constant Copper speak, or moreover, Copper speak acronyms. Now, I know that the makers will want to keep the dialogue as 'real' as is possible, however, surely there must be a trade off / balance to be struck, no? Some you pick up due to the context, but I spent half of the first episode wondering what the bloody hell a 'CHIS' is. Would it really be that difficult to use full terms such as 'Murder Investigation Team' rather than simply MIT, or 'Armed Response Unit' rather than ARU? (I've just found those on Google ;) )
The show has something like 3 million views and I'm guessing that jobbing Rozzers don't represent that high a percentage.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:09 am

Still enjoying Line of Duty, tbf I eat that kind of stuff up. Does feel like the Hastings character has to get one catchphrase in per episode, which grates mildly.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:41 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:09 am
Still enjoying Line of Duty, tbf I eat that kind of stuff up. Does feel like the Hastings character has to get one catchphrase in per episode, which grates mildly.
Think they've played Ted Hastings character down somewhat this series. He seems to spend a lot of time just space-gazing, nodding wisely and doing an impersonation of the Sphinx. Still top watching though. I think I'm beginning to see where the plot's going after the latest episode, intriguing .

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm

They're being saved up for a binge watch. That way I don't have to fanny about with cliff hangers...though these days it's more to do with forgetting what happened in previous episodes :oops:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:46 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm
They're being saved up for a binge watch. That way I don't have to fanny about with cliff hangers...though these days it's more to do with forgetting what happened in previous episodes :oops:
I think I've only got Curb Your Enthusiasm left to binge watch now. A year ago I was questioning as to whether or not I was getting sufficient value from my £8 per month Netflix money, and considering cancelling it :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:46 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:21 pm
I think I've only got Curb Your Enthusiasm left to binge watch now. A year ago I was questioning as to whether or not I was getting sufficient value from my £8 per month Netflix money, and considering cancelling it :D
If only I had the time, 4 complete days off since mid March last year :cry: On the plus side I get to be a grumpy bugger all the time and no boss to pull me up on it :mrgreen:

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm

Perhaps the next top 5 category for me (and Tango) should be period dramas. Currently enjoying Poldark here.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:55 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:57 pm
Perhaps the next top 5 category for me (and Tango) should be period dramas. Currently enjoying Poldark here.
You'd be amazed at how little T.V I actually watch G.G. I got fed up with Silent Witness way back, and Line of Duty is about all I watch in series. Last night I watched Jane Austen's "Emma" on film and I'd just as soon re-read all J.A's novels as watch rubbish on the box. In order of those, if serialised to the books: Persuasion, Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Mansfield Park and Northanger Abbey would be my choice order..I never get fed up of them and could probably go on Mastermind on the topic.
Film producers take liberties for the sake of widening audiences, but utter nonsense efforts like Pride and Prejudice and Vampires get short shrift from me as do modern interpretations like Brigette Jones and co. Not for me. There's plenty classic literature about, but it wouldn't do for us all to have the same taste, would it? . :wink: