What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:20 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Seriously, do blokes ever watch TV for any reason other then to perve at females? :conf:
mad alice is a very compelling character - multi-faceted and complex... her disturbing, psychotic hard-to-define relationship with Luther drives the programme..

it's a bit odd that you'd assume the only role a female character can have is as some kind of eye-candy...

have you ever watched the programme?
I was going by what Lever End said.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:21 pm

boltonboris wrote:Yes. For explosions
:D I think most blokes brains get stuck somewhere around the age of 13 ;)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:30 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Seriously, do blokes ever watch TV for any reason other then to perve at females? :conf:
mad alice is a very compelling character - multi-faceted and complex... her disturbing, psychotic hard-to-define relationship with Luther drives the programme..

it's a bit odd that you'd assume the only role a female character can have is as some kind of eye-candy...

I think Alice is Luther's Moriarty. Be interesting to see how they integrate him back after last season's finale. Didn't he beat someone to death on Waterloo Station?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:31 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I think Alice is Luther's Moriarty. Be interesting to see how they integrate him back after last season's finale. Didn't he beat someone to death on Waterloo Station?
Sounds a delightful programme. :?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:41 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I thought you wrote "blokes" as in "men in general" rather than Lever End in particular...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I can't remember now - seems like ages ago!! I'd better look it up - or maybe they'll have a "previously on Luther" intro!!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:07 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I meant what he said innit, I is just not as articulate.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:08 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:

I meant what he said innit, I is just not as articulate.
Yeah, course you did... :D Go out for another run and burn off all that excess, erm, energy...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:12 pm

Seriously though I do watch TV for other reasons. it must said though that Alice's appeal isn't so much in her looks, rather in her scary sensuality which i find very alluring. She's a kind of siren with a hypnotic attractiveness and a genuinely fascinating character. A little bit OTT at times but very interesting. try Luther from the beginning, it's very good
And while I'm watching TV for various reasons I must admit that on occasion I do notice an attractive female. I'm single and frustrated, give me a break!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 pm

LeverEnd wrote:.............And while I'm watching TV for various reasons I must admit that on occasion I do notice an attractive female. I'm single and frustrated, give me a break!
Oh, enough LE, enough information.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:17 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:.............And while I'm watching TV for various reasons I must admit that on occasion I do notice an attractive female. I'm single and frustrated, give me a break!
Oh, enough LE, enough information.
:shock: def TMI! ;)

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:17 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Seriously though I do watch TV for other reasons. it must said though that Alice's appeal isn't so much in her looks, rather in her scary sensuality which i find very alluring. She's a kind of siren with a hypnotic attractiveness and a genuinely fascinating character. A little bit OTT at times but very interesting. try Luther from the beginning, it's very good
And while I'm watching TV for various reasons I must admit that on occasion I do notice an attractive female. I'm single and frustrated, give me a breaktissue!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:19 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Yeah, course you did... :D Go out for another run and burn off all that excess, erm, energy...
I did. Sitting with an ice pack on my hamstring after cutting short my track session. :hang: Thoughts of Mad Alice are my sole consolation. Have a heart.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
I did. Sitting with an ice pack on my hamstring after cutting short my track session. :hang: Thoughts of Mad Alice are my sole consolation. Have a heart.
Oh no. Injury. Hope it's not too serious. :(

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:28 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
that icepack will calm any alice-fuelled shenanigans!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:34 pm

thebish wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
LeverEnd wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
that icepack will calm any alice-fuelled shenanigans!
It's been replaced by a tennis ball now.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Anyway, how brilliant was Luther?!

They don't half know how to build tension!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 pm

keveh wrote:Anyway, how brilliant was Luther?!

Not watched it yet. So thanks for avoiding spoilers! Was watching The Killing Series 3 (US version), which was also very good.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:39 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
keveh wrote:Anyway, how brilliant was Luther?!

Not watched it yet. So thanks for avoiding spoilers! Was watching The Killing Series 3 (US version), which was also very good.
me neither - looks like it might be tomorrow that I get the time...

mrkint
Passionate
Passionate

Post by mrkint » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:46 am

never watched an episode before. That was feckin freaky, maaaan.