What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:05 am

just finished "Orange is the new Black" on Netflix...

also finished Breaking Bad and not allowed to watch any more dexter until middle son is back from Uni..

not sure what to watch next - am feeling bereaved!

am quite enjoying Orchid Black and the BBC's Sunday night offering "By Any Means" which seems to be a cross between Spooks and The Hustle...

James B
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by James B » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:45 pm

thebish wrote:not sure what to watch next - am feeling bereaved!
same here. breaking bad has left a void.

will give mad men a blast next i think.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:54 pm

im 5 episodes into the new series of Boarwalk Empire, im enjoying it muchly! a hearty replacement for Breaking Bad on my monday morning commute. Stephen Graham as Capone has a more central role in this series and is fantastic. In addition, Homeland is back on too, ive watched the first two, cracking stuff yet again.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:14 pm

thebish wrote:just finished "Orange is the new Black" on Netflix...

also finished Breaking Bad and not allowed to watch any more dexter until middle son is back from Uni..

am quite enjoying Orchid Black and the BBC's Sunday night offering "By Any Means" which seems to be a cross between Spooks and The Hustle...
You should start The Walking Dead if you haven't seen it. I can't get enough of it, just started season 3.

I'm waiting on Dexter being released, got the first season of Homeland to start and quite fancy Orange is the New Black.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:35 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:See that's an interesting point. Back in the day magazines didn't tend to be specific about revealing too much, plot line wise, but these days a lot of magazines/websites will actually do two separate reviews/previews, one with spoilers and one without.

Its a sign of how times have changed, and honestly, people in the majority have adapted to it too. This is the only board/social network I use that has this kind of attitude towards spoilers.
that werent my point .

my point was folk were going "that review sed that [spoiler- for all you hipsters with non-perscription glasses listening to tapes on your walkmans] kevin spacey dies and it spoiled the film for me" but he sez so himself within the first minute or so..

i'm reading the bible.. dont tell me what happens to this jesus fella. :/

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:41 pm

a1 wrote:
hi there, i'm chris wrote:See that's an interesting point. Back in the day magazines didn't tend to be specific about revealing too much, plot line wise, but these days a lot of magazines/websites will actually do two separate reviews/previews, one with spoilers and one without.

Its a sign of how times have changed, and honestly, people in the majority have adapted to it too. This is the only board/social network I use that has this kind of attitude towards spoilers.
that werent my point .

my point was folk were going "that review sed that [spoiler- for all you hipsters with non-perscription glasses listening to tapes on your walkmans] kevin spacey dies and it spoiled the film for me" but he sez so himself within the first minute or so..

i'm reading the bible.. dont tell me what happens to this jesus fella. :/
Having known the twists in The Sixth Sense and The Crying Game I've had no motivation to watch either, but I don't think I can be too mad about that given how long both have been around.

Maybe I would still enjoy them if I gave them a watch, I loved Worlds Greatest Dad despite having a good idea about what happened.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:53 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

You should start The Walking Dead if you haven't seen it. I can't get enough of it, just started season 3.

I'm waiting on Dexter being released, got the first season of Homeland to start and quite fancy Orange is the New Black.

it's quite rude in places!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:55 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:

not tried homeland - so there's summat to have a go at... watched season 1 of walking dead - i think i got to the end - but somehow never watched the other series... might have a gander at series 2 if i can find it...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:57 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:im 5 episodes into the new series of Boarwalk Empire, im enjoying it muchly! a hearty replacement for Breaking Bad on my monday morning commute. Stephen Graham as Capone has a more central role in this series and is fantastic. In addition, Homeland is back on too, ive watched the first two, cracking stuff yet again.
watched most of the first series - but didn't have any of the channels it is on - would have to buy the DVDs...

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:20 pm

89bwfc89 wrote:You should start The Walking Dead if you haven't seen it. I can't get enough of it, just started season 3.

Got just the final ever episode of Dexter to watch, it's been good but had it's day now I think.

WDead is back on Sunday in the US, looking forward to that very much. Thewlis' character was a great addition.

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:28 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:You should start The Walking Dead if you haven't seen it. I can't get enough of it, just started season 3.

Got just the final ever episode of Dexter to watch, it's been good but had it's day now I think.

WDead is back on Sunday in the US, looking forward to that very much. Thewlis' character was a great addition.
Don't put any spoilers on about either or we'll have another "hi there I'm Chris" style meltdown to deal with! :wink: :D :P

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:18 pm

Hardly a meltdown. I'm doing it for the benefit of others too. If it wasn't for spoilers I could go ahead and talk about both the endings of Dexter and Orange is the New Black but that would hardly be fair to others would it?
Last edited by hi there, i'm chris on Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:24 pm

Dirty Den didn't die in the canal.

Oops spoiler.
Businesswoman of the year.

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:46 pm

Oh God that's hilarious.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:05 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:im 5 episodes into the new series of Boarwalk Empire, im enjoying it muchly! a hearty replacement for Breaking Bad on my monday morning commute. Stephen Graham as Capone has a more central role in this series and is fantastic. In addition, Homeland is back on too, ive watched the first two, cracking stuff yet again.
Eagerly awaiting it's return on Sky Atlantic, and great news that Capone is featured more. Due back on pretty soon surely? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

89bwfc89
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by 89bwfc89 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:08 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Hardly a meltdown. I'm doing it for the benefit of others too. If it wasn't for spoilers I could go ahead and talk about both the endings of Dexter and Orange is the New Black but that would hardly be fair to others would it?
Cool your beans I was trying to have a joke, hence the :wink: :D :P

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Eagerly awaiting it's return on Sky Atlantic, and great news that Capone is featured more. Due back on pretty soon surely? :conf:
Later this month.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:59 pm

thebish wrote:
89bwfc89 wrote:

it's quite rude in places!
Oh really! Just added this to my list on Netflix. Mrs BP will be accusing me of being a pervert. Again!

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:10 pm

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Oh God that's hilarious.
Cheers.
Businesswoman of the year.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:33 pm

Tom Kerridge doing pub food on BBC 2. Get in.
May the bridges I burn light your way