What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:34 pm

Hoboh wrote:Diehard 4
All enjoyable fun (the first couple of times) but been on so many time I could play a part in them.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:39 pm

thebish wrote:just watched a really interesting documentary on Netflix called "Twenty Feet from Stardom" about the history of backing singers... there really were some utterly phenomenal voices in there - not least Lisa Fischer - yet most of them who tried never made it as solo artists...
I've talked about this before I think, great film. Sure it won the best documentary Oscar last year, or certainly nominated!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:40 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
thebish wrote:just watched a really interesting documentary on Netflix called "Twenty Feet from Stardom" about the history of backing singers... there really were some utterly phenomenal voices in there - not least Lisa Fischer - yet most of them who tried never made it as solo artists...
I've talked about this before I think, great film. Sure it won the best documentary Oscar last year, or certainly nominated!
it did win some kind of an award - yeah! anyway - turns out it was a good recommendation! :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:58 am

watched Jersey Boys on the train this morning, grinning and foot tapping the whole way! quality.

final ever episode of Boardwalk last night, sad to see it go but disappointed with the final season as a whole and the big finale was entirely predictible. still 10 times better than 99% of anything else on tele atm.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:02 pm

I started watching the Blacklist last night EP1 and EP2 were pretty good. Liked EP1 where she comes home to see her husband...

Mind you I said similar about Games of Thrones, before giving up in it early into season 2.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Drive is on BBC3 this Thursday evening...with a different soundtrack!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es3pxp0-9Es" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

Like the idea but not convinced by the choice of film. DOn't think it would work with a badly scored film either, but don't mess with Drive! Further, I'm ideologically bound to oppose anything by Zane Lowe.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:12 am

Yeah, I thought the original soundtrack for Drive was pretty good. I know Francis Ford Coppola changed the soundtrack to The Outsiders from an original score composed by his Father to one of songs from the 50's. I haven't seen it with the original score so can't compare, but I think some people weren't too happy with that decision.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:45 am

Watched the 7 remaining episodes of The Strain in 3 days, very good entertaining horror, looking forward to the next series. There are many interesting paths it could take from here, wasn't sure at first but definitely enjoying it now.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:46 pm

Only seen the first 3 so far and enjoying, still not keen on the stinger bit looks wrong, the books were fun too
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:51 pm

Is there only me watching David Attenborough's new series? Absolutely amazing stuff. Astonishing.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Gone Girl 7/10. Enjoyed it.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:54 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:watched Jersey Boys on the train this morning, grinning and foot tapping the whole way! quality.

final ever episode of Boardwalk last night, sad to see it go but disappointed with the final season as a whole and the big finale was entirely predictible. still 10 times better than 99% of anything else on tele atm.
Just finished it too.
Agreed, the whole season were shite. But I think the ending of the ending, the last twenty minutes or so were brilliant. For me not predictable at all...Jimmy's mam's & Tommy's story were superb.
Businesswoman of the year.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:06 am

CrazyHorse wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:watched Jersey Boys on the train this morning, grinning and foot tapping the whole way! quality.

Just finished it too.
Agreed, the whole season were shite. But I think the ending of the ending, the last twenty minutes or so were brilliant. For me not predictable at all...Jimmy's mam's & Tommy's story were superb.
Shite is unfair. Its still quality! Al Capone went a bit from hero to zero in this season, his Joe Pesci routine was irritating. Could have done without any of the chalky white stuff too. But big Nelson Van Alden was the star man!! He was ace. Loved Patricia Arquette too.

As for the ending (tried not to write spoilers but might have so...) given the effort gone into the likenesses of young Nucky and Gillian, I'd guessed he was him weeks ago because he's the spit of his pa. Figured there would have been no point wasting screen time introducing a new character this late on when all we wanna see is bloodshed, so he must have had a sticky agenda.. They were my decipherings anyway...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:03 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Gone Girl 7/10. Enjoyed it.
Heard mixed reports. Talking of opinion dividers, LF have sent me American Hustle.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Death In Paradise. Without a doubt the most pathetic thing that I've seen on television since that appalling pile of shite with Dennis Waterman in it.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:Death In Paradise. Without a doubt the most pathetic thing that I've seen on television since that appalling pile of shite with Dennis Waterman in it.
the missus used to watch that (i think they have changed the stereotyped english detective since then) - I NEVER once managed more than 20mins without being sound asleep... utter formulaic stereotyped bilge...

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:19 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Death In Paradise. Without a doubt the most pathetic thing that I've seen on television since that appalling pile of shite with Dennis Waterman in it.
the missus used to watch that (i think they have changed the stereotyped english detective since then) - I NEVER once managed more than 20mins without being sound asleep... utter formulaic stereotyped bilge...
Fit French Caribbean detective though !!
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:37 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:
Fit French Caribbean detective though !!
hmmm... I just found her endlessly annoying!

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:31 pm

Just watched Secret Life of Walter Mitty - really enjoyed it! good stuff :-)