What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:Then went to see The Theory of Everything yesterday. Absolutely adored it. My favourite film in a good few years. Tone-perfect and utterly beautiful. One where people are consciously and obviously eating popcorn quietly so spellbinding is the film.
Saw this tonight, found it a bit hard work if I'm honest, I mean I can appreciate the powerhouse performances and can see why there is Oscar talk but it didn't have the punch the air delight of summat like Pride which will hold it back from being a favourite of mine.

Also, was his Dr in Bordeaux played by Frank LeBeouf!?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:07 pm

Been watching the fatty programs on 5, oh my God the selfishness of these people is way past belief!!
Thousands and thousands spent on some prick only to check himself out of hospital against all medical advice only to end up back in intensive care for four fuking months!!
An 18 yr old 32 stone tub drinking coca cola to the equivalent tune of 82 tsps. of sugar per day and cannot work or do 'owt.
A 35 yr old bloke losing weight by ordering a delivery of kebabs.
They make me sick when some people would do anything to sort out their health if possible.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Hoboh wrote:Been watching the fatty programs on 5, oh my God the selfishness of these people is way past belief!!
Thousands and thousands spent on some prick only to check himself out of hospital against all medical advice only to end up back in intensive care for four fuking months!!
An 18 yr old 32 stone tub drinking coca cola to the equivalent tune of 82 tsps. of sugar per day and cannot work or do 'owt.
A 35 yr old bloke losing weight by ordering a delivery of kebabs.
They make me sick when some people would do anything to sort out their health if possible.

It's clicked. This is you (and you can keep your internet fiver)

Last edited by Gary the Enfield on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:20 pm

oi ^ you've broken my computer... again
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:25 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:oi ^ you've broken my computer... again

He is quite atrocious isn't he. :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:20 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:oi ^ you've broken my computer... again

He is quite atrocious isn't he. :wink:
You are cheeky!
She's too left wing!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:24 am

i thought i was a joke about specsavers?

anyway, went to see Birdman last night. completely bonkers, completely brilliant. i had a load of mild annoyances with the cinema that were pissing me off, screen too high & too small and out of focus round the edges. the seats not tiered enough so could see the back of another punters head, audio was a too quiet, the emergency lights were too bright and in my eye line plus there were a load of noisy eaters rummaging in crisp packets and cracking open cans of pop. i thought all this was gonna spoil it for me but within five minutes i was totally immersed. cracking film.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 4:58 pm

Spartan2 wrote:Watched interstellar the other day, are they taking the piss, so bad, so, so bad. It's overtly sexist, riddled with glaring, horrific logical / scientific errors. It's filled with cut and paste plot devices. It's so excruciatingly cliché it's embarrassing. Humans from the future that can almost save mankind but only with the help of Matthew Mcconaughey because his love for his daughter is the conduit?. feck off!

I don't understand how films like this ever get made, someone literally read a script with "love is the fifth dimension" and went "yep, let's turn this bollocks into a film".
Contact 2: the Daughtering of the Hypercube

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Just watched "Holy Water". Thought it would be a decent comedy in the vein of Whisky Galore or Waking Ned.What a disappointment. One to miss. Awful.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:13 am

The Imitation Game. Decent

EverSoYouri
Reliable
Reliable

Post by EverSoYouri » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:42 am

General Mannerheim wrote:The Imitation Game. Decent

Thought it was better than decent and Boneydick Cummerbund put in a fine performance (along with several of the supporting cast - Rory Kinnear underused, though).

My problem with all such biopics is a that, not knowing more than the bare bones of the facts, I always have the uneasy feeling that the truth has been significantly manipulated to make a good drama.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 am

EverSoYouri wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:The Imitation Game. Decent

Thought it was better than decent and Boneydick Cummerbund put in a fine performance (along with several of the supporting cast - Rory Kinnear underused, though).

My problem with all such biopics is a that, not knowing more than the bare bones of the facts, I always have the uneasy feeling that the truth has been significantly manipulated to make a good drama.
I don't think there's much truth hidden ESY (unless the film ( I haven't seen it, but I will) makes it so) . The basic ( tragic) facts are well known and documented. Accident or design, I don't believe anyone really knows the facts of Turing's death. I worked for a large computer firm in Manchester that was associated with Manchester University and Alan Turing in the early days of computing. Our firm was on the edge of the Gay Village, quite close to Turing's famous bronze statue. What will never be forgotten is his brilliant mathematical brain, his code-breaking skills and his contributions to technology's progress. The basic truth is the world wasn't quite ready to deal with issues that today would be largely ignored against Turing's real skills. What really matters now is that he be remembered for the genius he undoubtedly was
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:46 pm

Benedict just plays himself like he does in everything he's in. Eddie redmayne far more deserving of the plaudits although I wasn't especially impressed with either film.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:21 pm

In preparation for my forthcoming jolly to Dallas, I'm doing some assiduous research by watching the trials for the Dallas Cowboys cheerleader squad on some obscure itv channel. Illuminating :-)
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:14 pm

:D
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:34 pm

watched The Budapest Grand Hotel tonight - really nice, charming little fillum!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Mon Jan 12, 2015 9:38 pm

thebish wrote:watched The Budapest Grand Hotel tonight - really nice, charming little fillum!
Featured a nude by that artist you lot were on about in the art thread I think. Or at least it looked to be in the same style looking at those on the google images link they posted.

I liked the joke at Wes Anderson's expense at the Golden Globes last night 'as per usual, Wes Anderson travelled here to tonight on a bicycle made from antique tuba parts'.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:03 pm

Caught up with loads of films this last week;

Capt Phillips
Wolf of wall st
A prophet
Dallas buyers club

surprised that Capt Phillips turned out to be my favourite
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:26 am

What are you watching tonight this year

I saw approx 20 minutes of Game of Thrones (some bloke was being led by people on horseback who were being mean to him - which included having his hand hung around his neck, it being cut off and all) about a year ago. Haven't got a clue what it's about and didn't even know three entire series have played out on't'tele...
Anyway, somebody's lent me the Complete DVD collection, so I'll start at line one chapter one tonight. (Did you know that apparently 60% of people who say they've watched Breaking Bad never have - they're just keeping up with the Joneses virtually. I've never seen that either, nor have I got the box set)
But, as light relief to GoT, I've got the complete Thunderbirds and the complete set (52 episodes) of Monkey to get through too. 8)
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:13 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:What are you watching tonight this year

I saw approx 20 minutes of Game of Thrones (some bloke was being led by people on horseback who were being mean to him - which included having his hand hung around his neck, it being cut off and all) about a year ago. Haven't got a clue what it's about and didn't even know three entire series have played out on't'tele...
Anyway, somebody's lent me the Complete DVD collection, so I'll start at line one chapter one tonight. (Did you know that apparently 60% of people who say they've watched Breaking Bad never have - they're just keeping up with the Joneses virtually. I've never seen that either, nor have I got the box set)
But, as light relief to GoT, I've got the complete Thunderbirds and the complete set (52 episodes) of Monkey to get through too. 8)
GoT is amazing but you definitely have to start at the beginning and watch every episode.

Sir I salute you, Monkey is pure class. Used to watch it religiously as a young un along with "The Water Margin" both fantastic programmes.

On a side note, a new series of Thunderbirds is coming on telly this year (not sure what channel though).