What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:03 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Finished Making a Murderer too, can we talk about it??

Made a start on 'Deliver us from Evil' not sure if I can hold out with this? It's sickening and very unsettling... Think I'll go back to Always Sunny!!

Actually, gonna stick Still Alice on. Been on the list for ages but Pru just nudged it to the top...
Bloody hell :|

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:06 pm

Just noticed Force Majeure is on Netflix too. Wholeheartedly recommend that, really gives your thoughts a provoking!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:Finished Making a Murderer too, can we talk about it??

Made a start on 'Deliver us from Evil' not sure if I can hold out with this? It's sickening and very unsettling... Think I'll go back to Always Sunny!!

Actually, gonna stick Still Alice on. Been on the list for ages but Pru just nudged it to the top...
Bloody hell :|
Incredible isn't it? I mean, you feel like you'll never smile again, but wow. Tone perfect, proper melancholy but never sentimental or saccharine.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:22 am

yep agreed. freaked me out a bit when she had to remember that address in the Dr's office early on - i couldnt remember it either!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:32 am

Watched The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel last night. Damn fine feel-good stuff for a wet January Monday. An excellent cast for who it was all too easy, but so what. You'll need to watch the first one first though for this one to make any sense.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:51 pm

A couple of DVDs are on their way to me from LF.

Having visited Dylan Thomas's home, The Boathouse and also his writing shed in Laugharne over the weekend I've found myself brushing up on some of his works.

So, to begin at the beginning (can you see what I did there? ;) I've got the 2015 version of Under Milk Wood on its way to me.

I've also got something called The Man from Earth on its way as well.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:59 pm

Watcxhed Solace, a psychological thriller. Thoughtful film with a typical Anthony Hopkins excellent performance.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

AmAWanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by AmAWanderer » Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:46 pm

Just got my fire stick delivered finally, so going to hook up this kodi and see if I can get the new Di Caprio/Hardy flick on it.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:15 am

AmAWanderer wrote:Just got my fire stick delivered finally, so going to hook up this kodi and see if I can get the new Di Caprio/Hardy flick on it.
Phoenix and Genesis apps are very good so I am told. :wink:
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:31 am

Watched the Fassbender Macbeth from last year. Really good.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:40 pm

malcd1 wrote:
AmAWanderer wrote:Just got my fire stick delivered finally, so going to hook up this kodi and see if I can get the new Di Caprio/Hardy flick on it.
Operation Robocop and Sportsdevil for sports...

jonnycooper
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by jonnycooper » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:08 am

jmjhb wrote:
malcd1 wrote:
Operation Robocop and Sportsdevil for sports...
Don't forget Wookie !

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:43 pm

Okay, I admit it, enough's enough. Seen quite a lot of films recently and decided on a bit of no-brain watching last night. Yes, I admit I watched The Hobbit. A great kids story indeed where the T.V announcer stated at the onset, that kids may find some scenes frightening...oh, okay. Read Bruce's views but in lieu of not much else on the box, well, I chanced it anyway. Wife has the Rings trilogy on D.V.D and I watched and enjoyed them mainly. The Hobbit, a masterpiece of special effects, a new millenia of uglies, a crap version of the story with more cliff-hangers than Flash Gordon's whole career ( who would put up with all that to reclaim a forest from a dragon?) and much ado about nowt. Should have given it a miss. ae:)

Oh, well, it had Cate Blanchet which was about its only real plus.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:20 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Okay, I admit it, enough's enough. Seen quite a lot of films recently and decided on a bit of no-brain watching last night. Yes, I admit I watched The Hobbit. A great kids story indeed where the T.V announcer stated at the onset, that kids may find some scenes frightening...oh, okay. Read Bruce's views but in lieu of not much else on the box, well, I chanced it anyway. Wife has the Rings trilogy on D.V.D and I watched and enjoyed them mainly. The Hobbit, a masterpiece of special effects, a new millenia of uglies, a crap version of the story with more cliff-hangers than Flash Gordon's whole career ( who would put up with all that to reclaim a forest from a dragon?) and much ado about nowt. Should have given it a miss. ae:)

You do realise The Hobbit is 3 films too don't you TD?

Or did you watch all three at once? :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:05 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Okay, I admit it, enough's enough. Seen quite a lot of films recently and decided on a bit of no-brain watching last night. Yes, I admit I watched The Hobbit. A great kids story indeed where the T.V announcer stated at the onset, that kids may find some scenes frightening...oh, okay. Read Bruce's views but in lieu of not much else on the box, well, I chanced it anyway. Wife has the Rings trilogy on D.V.D and I watched and enjoyed them mainly. The Hobbit, a masterpiece of special effects, a new millenia of uglies, a crap version of the story with more cliff-hangers than Flash Gordon's whole career ( who would put up with all that to reclaim a forest from a dragon?) and much ado about nowt. Should have given it a miss. ae:)

Aye, but one was quite enough thanks.... :grin:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Or did you watch all three at once? :shock:[/quote

A kindred spirit.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:00 pm

2nd part of this week's Silent Witness. Emilia Fox - rocking my world :)

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:37 pm

An episode or two of How Do You Want Me? in honour of Frank Finlay. His menace looms throughout even when he's not there. Superb stuff.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:24 am

Remember a few older timer columnists raving about various Ealing Comedies (think Clive James was one) so had Passport to Pimlico tonight. Was good. Few laughs, good idea, stood up well.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:56 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Probably best. It can be Hobbit forming............