What are you reading tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you reading tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:11 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:43 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm
I have nothing against Prince Harry - In fact, I think the treatment he and his wife have received in the media is nothing short of diabolical.

However, I give about as much of a shit about what he has to say about anything, as he does me. Same with his brother, or his Dad (whoever that is)
Indeed. It is pretty difficult to fcuking avoid though at the moment. :-(
At this time, I am massively indebted to GtE for his heads-up on the 'There's No Such Thing As A Fish' podcasts. ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:42 pm

I believe that in his book, Harry Windsor admits to drug-taking. Narr then, we possibly need Monty on this one but does that not jeopardise him returning to the US? Or is a conviction required?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:54 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:11 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:43 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:28 pm
I have nothing against Prince Harry - In fact, I think the treatment he and his wife have received in the media is nothing short of diabolical.

However, I give about as much of a shit about what he has to say about anything, as he does me. Same with his brother, or his Dad (whoever that is)
Indeed. It is pretty difficult to fcuking avoid though at the moment. :-(
At this time, I am massively indebted to GtE for his heads-up on the 'There's No Such Thing As A Fish' podcasts. ;)
:oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:28 am

Says much about R.R.P (Recommended retail price) when the "Harry" omnibus goes on sale on Day One in the shops marked with "Half Price" stickers although the R.R.P is about £30. some folk must have nothing to spend their money on. In parallel,does anybody actually remember Wallis Simpson or even know we had a a King Edward VIII who abdicated uncrowned because he gave up his title for a twice divorced American woman? That caused a bit of a riot at the time....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:28 am
Says much about R.R.P (Recommended retail price) when the "Harry" omnibus goes on sale on Day One in the shops marked with "Half Price" stickers although the R.R.P is about £30. some folk must have nothing to spend their money on. In parallel,does anybody actually remember Wallis Simpson or even know we had a a King Edward VIII who abdicated uncrowned because he gave up his title for a twice divorced American woman? That caused a bit of a riot at the time....
"Remember" Wallis Simpson? You'd have to be about 110! Heard of Wallis Simpson certainly. What I don't understand is why so many people, who claim to want nothing to do with anything related to Harry and Megan, keep commenting on it! :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:49 am

Currently reading the latest from Christina Henry - Horseman

If you like your fantasy / Horror then this is the Femme du Jour

She reimagines classic tales like Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan and gives them a darker spin. This latest story (Horseman) is loosely based around the Legend of Sleep Hollow. Excellent stuff.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:01 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
"Remember" Wallis Simpson? You'd have to be about 110! Heard of Wallis Simpson certainly. What I don't understand is why so many people, who claim to want nothing to do with anything related to Harry and Megan, keep commenting on it! :-)
When all the major media sources stop plastering it across their front pages, that'll soon stop.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:16 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:01 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
When all the major media sources stop plastering it across their front pages, that'll soon stop.
If they thought no bugger was interested, then they'd stop anyhow! Don't click, coz they know when you have! :-)

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:43 am

I've been reading The Prince of Tides.. Jeez it's long! Enjoying it though and just over half way through. First book I've picked up for months after exhausting the available Charles Cummings books
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:38 pm

Just finished reading 'The Killer in the Kremlin' by John Sweeney.
Interesting book, goes off at tangents in some places, tells of what most suspect.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:21 am

Reading CHINA by Edward Rutherford

I've read a few of his books before. They're usually about cities (London, Dublin, New York) and tell their origin stories from little communes to the full blown Metropoli they are today. They follow the fortunes of groups of families through the centuries, married to the historical events of their times, through to the modern era.

China is different. The story starts in the mid-eighteenth century around the times of the Opium and Tea trade and includes the colonial Indian story too. It's a looong drag and I'm not enjoying it one bit.