The Dark Knight.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:35 pm

Ah, I apologise for being interested in this topic.

BoltonMad2oo8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonMad2oo8 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:37 pm

This film has to be the best one I have ever seen!!!
It was just pure brilliance, the script, the plot & the actors. I hope that a third is made - just wondering what characters will be involved though.
The story has been left wide open.
A 10/10 film though.
BoltonMad2oo8

Batman

Post by Batman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Third film will be very difficult. No other actor can ever reprise the Joker now, and people like Ivy, Bane and Sewer King etc wouldn't cross over at all.

Time to step back for a few years I think. Sequels should be made for the right reasons.

BoltonMad2oo8
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by BoltonMad2oo8 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:46 pm

I agree, i feel if a sequel is made it wil be 4 or 5 years from now, the director said in the dark knight he wanted everything to better Batman Begins and I feel he would have the same thinking in the third film.

markakamark
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by markakamark » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:03 am

Awesome!!!! not sure 12age rating is correct though!

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:33 pm

Batman wrote:Just back now from the flicks. This surpasses Batman Begins with every single minute.

Though I never thought I'd say this - Maggie looks rough.

However, gotta love the work on Harvey, I went with a group who knew nothing of the character, so his transformation was a shock to them. It was done differently than in the normal Batman universe (ie-the history of Dent is that he ..... you know what (spoiler free) in a different manner) but this difference wasn't a bad thing.

Everything that could have been said about Heath was true,
though this site's resident movie critic fell a little short. There is no equal to this performance, he BECAME the role so completely that he deserves a posthumous award
. Not necessarily an Oscar, but his performance will be remembered for a long time.

All in all, this was an absolute triumph.

More please.
Tss what I said.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:19 pm

superhero films??

just for kiddies, girls and nerds really.... let's face it...

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:01 pm

thebish wrote:superhero films??

just for kiddies, girls and nerds really.... let's face it...
:lmfao:

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 pm

Watched this last night and well what can I say. It is brilliant. Ledger is awesome as the joker. Bale is improved as the caped one.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:00 pm

A third film will be in cinemas in about 2 years for one reason....... $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

There are plenty of characters to go at for adversaries without going in to the cartoon-like supervillains.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:06 pm

Just watched it today at the imax, damn a fricken love that place!

Was an awesome film, nevermind Ledger as the Joker, what made it for me was that bike!

Damn, wish I could talk about it more but don't want to spoil it for some people.

But yeah, don't have a clue how they are going to even put the Joker in any future film, not for a while anyway. His peformance was on another level, definitely a good amount of awards coming his way.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Finally saw it yesterday, and well it's all been said in here. Absoulutely outstanding film that literally had me on the edge of my seat from start to finish.

Thought Aaron Eckhart as two face was sensational. He was so good at being good that it made his transformation into two face that much sadder.

The praise to Heath Ledger's performance as the Joker is more than due. He totally became the character and was flawless.

Superb film and can't wait to see it again!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:13 pm

Batman wrote:Third film will be very difficult. No other actor can ever reprise the Joker now, and people like Ivy, Bane and Sewer King etc wouldn't cross over at all.

Time to step back for a few years I think. Sequels should be made for the right reasons.
I'd agree on the second point, but there's enough classic villains (Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman) to make a third feasible. Doubt Christopher Nolan would be tempted back though, and he's key to it all.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 pm

Had a sneak preview courtesy of sotwa last weekend, finally saw it at the cinema today. Unbelievable, two and a bit hours of awesomeness. Ledger is/was awesome as the Joker, turning him from a polished caracature (a la Nicholson) into an absolute nailed on pyscho. The parallels between The Joker and Batman are played out really well too.

Although, if there is one man who deserves an oscar from this film it has to be Aaron Echkhart. Sure, Bale and Ledger play their respective roles superbly, but Dent was, for me, by far the more challenging role. Echkhart transforms him from Gotham's 'White Knight' to...well, I guess you already know. Either way, he's f*cking brilliant.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:08 pm

In terms of a third film...well, any film which makes $300m in 10 days will have Hollywood salivating for another installment, though I'm unsure as to whether Nolan would come back for a third - he's exceeded all expectations and the pressure on him to deliver again would be huge (Having said that, he had pressure after Begins...).
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:37 pm

Just back from IMAX, and my fourth viewing, gets better and better and better.

Awesome stuff.

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm

It is near enough perfect as a film, God knows how they'd even try and top it. Obviously they will, with or without Nolan. Though i'd agree the success of the third film would largely depend on him coming back.

Brilliant film though. Well worth the hype.

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:19 pm

F ucking Nolan!!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 pm

Just seen it as well, fantastic stuff first time the hype is actually true!!

Can't see it being topped and Ledgers shows what the Joker should really be like (never liked any of the other Batman films until Baltman Begins and hated Nicholson as the Joker - hate most things Nicholson does to be honest and no idea why anyone raves about him)

Might even go and see this one again, well worth it

When is the DVD out :)

Luna
Promising
Promising

Post by Luna » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:05 am

Batman wrote:Third film will be very difficult. No other actor can ever reprise the Joker now, and people like Ivy, Bane and Sewer King etc wouldn't cross over at all.

Hopefully it will be the Penguin, with Morgan Freeman crossing over from March of the Penguins as the Penguin while also still working for Bruce Wane.