Nick Faldo couldnt pick his nose

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:05 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:faldo in boxing gloves with EU flag on them and some headline like "the yanks are going down". While I've no doubt the US team is weaker than it's been for some years, the last thing you want to do is get the rednecks awhoopin' and ahollarin'.
You've just reminded me of one of the key reasons the Ryder Cup doesn't do much to get my partisan juices flowing - my distaste for that bloody flag!
Yeh- much better to get battered every time like we used to. Mind you Faldo's done his bit to fill his team with Little Englanders
What's 'we' when it becomes something else?

I love competitive golf, the Ryder Cup format etc but I'm afraid I am not that exercised by being a European against an American.
1. Spoken like a true Little Englander
2. Me, i would get exercised supporting little fascist spiders from Mars if they were battering the Yanks
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:21 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: 1. Spoken like a true Little Englander
:lol:

You say it as if it's an insult...
2. Me, i would get exercised supporting little fascist spiders from Mars if they were battering the Yanks
Why?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:35 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote: 1. Spoken like a true Little Englander
:lol:

You say it as if it's an insult...

Why?[/quote]

1-it is- the term implies narrowness of mind and the peculiar feelings of superiority that the English tend to assume without even realising they are doing so. You supported the GB and Ireland team to a greater extent then? Despite Ireland being a European free state and not an English colony.
2. Wrong of me i suppose- just call it championing the underdog

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:40 pm

lost the plot
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:49 pm

communistworkethic wrote:lost the plot
yep

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:48 pm

Latest press conf was an embaressment, we are going to get stuffed with this egomaniac at the helm.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:41 am

fatshaft wrote:Latest press conf was an embaressment, we are going to get stuffed with this egomaniac at the helm.

"we"?? Don't see any scots in the team :mrgreen:
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:46 am

Last time I looked Britain was a physical part of the continent of Europe. I suppose some out there would rather be joined the good ole' union across the pond. Wonder how many ships it would take to tow us there?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:33 pm

Interesting story about a photo of the European pairings photographed on a sheet of paper Faldo was carrying - then blown up....

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-New ... Golf_Event

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Aye worthy, that was what caused the embarassing press conf, just seen it again, even worse on second viewing. Faldo is a fecking tit. You guys are going to lose. :wink:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:37 am

First pairing out at 1305 today.

Mickelson/Kim v H'ngton/Karlsson
Leonard/Mahan v Stenson/Casey
Cink/Campbell v Rose/Poulter
Perry/Furyk v Westwood/Garcia

Hmm not sure about 2nd and 3rd pairings..

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:45 am

Rubbish....get off Faldo's back FFS

Just because he didn't pick any scots....face it there are not any good enough at the moment.

Most succesful British & English player of all time, Faldo's a true legend (6 times major winner / most points in Ryder cups etc)......but our typical British media and some of you by the sounds of it have never given him a chance from day one, wanting him to fail....get off his back !

He's tried to bring a bit a humour and tried to be a bit funny (although I agree he's totally not funny at all !), but give him a break FFS

Isn't is funny though....when we have Scottish & Welsh captains we (the English) get behind the whole European team....but when we have an English captain the Scots & Welsh don't support us....

Sooner we give them all independence the better, then we'll see how they get on without us (not really relevant to this thread I agree - so apologies!) but this scottish independence crap really gets me....as if we (the English) are actually bothered whether Scotland stays part of the UK, the sooner they go and the Welsh the better IMO.

Anyway win or lose this weekend Faldo's a golfing legend !

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:55 am

Peter Thompson wrote:Rubbish....get off Faldo's back FFS

Just because he didn't pick any scots....face it there are not any good enough at the moment.

Most succesful British & English player of all time, Faldo's a true legend (6 times major winner / most points in Ryder cups etc)......but our typical British media and some of you by the sounds of it have never given him a chance from day one, wanting him to fail....get off his back !

He's tried to bring a bit a humour and tried to be a bit funny (although I agree he's totally not funny at all !), but give him a break FFS

Isn't is funny though....when we have Scottish & Welsh captains we (the English) get behind the whole European team....but when we have an English captain the Scots & Welsh don't support us....

Sooner we give them all independence the better, then we'll see how they get on without us (not really relevant to this thread I agree - so apologies!) but this scottish independence crap really gets me....as if we (the English) are actually bothered whether Scotland stays part of the UK, the sooner they go and the Welsh the better IMO.

What a load of fecking shite. Who said anything about him being English, certainly not I, and as you're little xenophobic attack can only have been directed at me, then wind your fecking neck in.

Jacklin was a great captain, James was a good captain, Langer a brilliant captain, Seve was rubbish but won anyway. It has nothing to do with being English, but glad you made your prejudices clear for all of us to see. I particularly like your generosity in supporting captains from other nations, how noble and sporting of you to allow us to have a go. :roll:

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:11 am

fatshaft wrote:
Peter Thompson wrote:Rubbish....get off Faldo's back FFS

What a load of fecking shite. Who said anything about him being English, certainly not I, and as you're little xenophobic attack can only have been directed at me, then wind your fecking neck in.

Jacklin was a great captain, James was a good captain, Langer a brilliant captain, Seve was rubbish but won anyway. It has nothing to do with being English, but glad you made your prejudices clear for all of us to see. I particularly like your generosity in supporting captains from other nations, how noble and sporting of you to allow us to have a go. :roll:
Yes fats it was particularly aimed at you...did you not say you guys.....I take it it would of been us guys if Monty would have been picked

And for what its worth IMO James was a shi*e captain...Faldo does have a massive ego but he's a decent bloke....perhaps his ego and being so dedicated is what made him so successful, but some have not and will not ever give him a chance....

And also FWIW xenophobic :mrgreen: no not at all honest !....just sick of hearing the scots blab on and on about independence, only my opinion like (shared by a few others down here...), I just wish they would go and take there English based Scottish politicians with them asap.....but its nothing to do with this thread so again I apologise !

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:21 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Yes fats it was particularly aimed at you...did you not say you guys.....I take it it would of been us guys if Monty would have been picked
Of course I said you guys, it was a joke in response to the post just 3 above from Commie.....
communistworkethic wrote:

"we"?? Don't see any scots in the team :mrgreen:
Like DUH!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:27 am

Hmm let me just see if I've got this right PT.

We can knock Megson and his picks all day long because we might not like him or the way he does his business at Bolton

but

Faldo, we've got to unreservedly support just because he's Captain of the Ryder Cup team?

Peter Thompson
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Peter Thompson » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:32 am

Worthy4England wrote:Hmm let me just see if I've got this right PT.

We can knock Megson and his picks all day long because we might not like him or the way he does his business at Bolton

but

Faldo, we've got to unreservedly support just because he's Captain of the Ryder Cup team?
Yes ! :wink: I like Faldo he's a winner...obviously don't like Megson !!

But it is only my opinion....nothing wrong with slagging Faldo off if you don't like him :mrgreen: I was just trying to back him up that's all

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:36 am

Peter Thompson wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:Hmm let me just see if I've got this right PT.

but

Yes ! :wink: I like Faldo he's a winner...obviously don't like Megson !!

But it is only my opinion....nothing wrong with slagging Faldo off if you don't like him :mrgreen: I was just trying to back him up that's all
That's fine :mrgreen: Just checking that we were operating different rules here based on whether you like or dilike a particular person. I can appreciate what Faldo achieved as a player, but I don't particularly like the guy.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:56 am

Gosh, the arguments here seem to reflect the pre-match hype itself!

ANYHOO - it all kicks off in an hour. Predictions?

I'll go for the first day to a be a tie, or a narrow Europe lead... the pairings seem well matched up but the away team's experience will count, I think

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:02 pm

I'm a bit worried about this morning's picks....and dunno the PM's picks yet. That said I can see us halfing the morning's session.