The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm

Trump once again seems to be coming up trumps.
Next up NATO. Merkel needs to be afraid, very afraid.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:50 pm
Trump once again seems to be coming up trumps.
Next up NATO. Merkel needs to be afraid, very afraid.
With that spineless, cave in, PC correct idiot we have as PM and the state of our armed forces, I think we should worry a tad as well.

Cheese off Trump, keep poking Putin with a stick, allow over 400 jihadists back from Syria and only prosecute 40 of them and fail to keep tabs on most of the others, what could possibly go wrong?

Mind you the German domination of Europe is slowly being eroded so there are some good things, who know VW may get prosecuted and be liable for damages yet and it's about time the modern day myth about German reliability took a tumble.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm

Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation.
This time upskirting fails to become law and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives".

!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:38 pm

Yes, the people who should be getting a life here are the ones against taking pictures up skirts.

You really are a div.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:07 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:23 pm
This time upskirting fails to become law and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives".

!!! It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life.
Are you for 4ucking real? You're ok with some random stranger taking uninvited shots up the skirts of the female members of your family are you?
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

This post is completely and utterly repugnant.

Says an awful lot about the poster.

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:21 am

Yep. He's been doing it a lot recently. There was an equally bizarre rant about Muslims in the Swiss team in the World Cup forum when they werent due to play for another two days.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:57 am

If they wish to pursue such things in private, consensual, situations, whatever floats their boat.

In public with no consent?

Shoot the fcukers

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:15 am
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Not defending his post mate, but cancer springs to mind.

He who is without sin...... or are there no sinners in Marxist party now?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:19 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:00 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Saying Owen Coyle was a cancer on the club (which I hasten to add has been proven entirely accurate) is in no way comparable to suggesting that people sticking cameras up women's skirts is fine and women should "just stop moaning".

My post was inflammatory only because I bang on and on and on about things I feel strongly about and it irritates people. And I used strong language because I was irked and could see where things were heading. I probably on reflection had I been calmer wouldn't have used that term. However, it is entirely different in intent and indeed content.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:19 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Saying Owen Coyle was a cancer on the club (which I hasten to add has been proven entirely accurate) is in no way comparable to suggesting that people sticking cameras up women's skirts is fine and women should "just stop moaning".

My post was inflammatory only because I bang on and on and on about things I feel strongly about and it irritates people. And I used strong language because I was irked and could see where things were heading. I probably on reflection had I been calmer wouldn't have used that term. However, it is entirely different in intent and indeed content.
I don't get irritated, I shake my head a bit like, but it is good to know how the enemy is thinking :D .

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:06 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:19 am
Hoboh wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

I don't get irritated, I shake my head a bit like, but it is good to know how the enemy is thinking :D .
I don't get irritated by you or things on here. Its not real. I did get irritated by Owen Coyle's disastrous spell at our football club though. Mainly because I knew how far he'd sink us!

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm

Getting weird on here. Such Partisan thinking that you refuse to condemn somebody who doesn't want 'up-skirting'
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm

Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:28 pm
Might regret even commenting on this topic, but I don't think Spot's post was even about skirts and the sad whackos who do such things as stick cameras up them. (These people most be in a very tiny minority, I might have come across one-such in my longish lifetime, how many do any of you know? ). I rather see his complaint as how very easy it is to get a law passed as if there were a plague of such cases instead of "one" and a topic like this can take prioprity over a thosand laws that need ammending.

Because one M.P defended that principal to install laws in the correct manner, he, like Spots, is made an outcast and some sort of pervert? Really? Did anybody actually read the post for what it was? See I class Spots as a bit more interlligent than most seem to. I'm not defending the M.P's subject, just his appeal for common sense. In such, I have as much right to disagree on the basics of some views here. As ever, with politics it's been handled with all the finesse of a Tyson Fury roundhouse swing. Thank you for reading....
I quote from the post in question....
How is that anything other than trying to suggest that such violations are "ok" or at best "no big deal"?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

How is that anything other than trying to suggest that such violations are "ok" or at best "no big deal"?
But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:39 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:

Drop dead. x

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm

Monty said, quote; "But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation."

Exactly Monty. We all have wives, daughters, female grandkids etc, and nobody in their right minds would condone cranks anywhere near them. I gave Spots the benefit of seeing where he was coming from without the frills.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:07 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:21 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:52 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation.
Yes, but I think the part people clearly have objection to is that bit I quoted. And I'd hardly call it out of context. In a three line post that bit was alone. Also whatever the main thrust the post was aiming for, it doesn't excuse that sort of opinion and treatment of women. So I'm sorry, people can say and think what they like. However, equally I can point out where I think the post was repugnant. It seems like I'm hardly alone there.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:12 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:04 pm
Monty said, quote; "But you are quoting selectively out of context, Insano. The full context tends to support Tango's thinking that the rant is about anger over legislation."

Exactly Monty. We all have wives, daughters, female grandkids etc, and nobody in their right minds would condone cranks anywhere near them. I gave Spots the benefit of seeing where he was coming from without the frills.
Sorry but no. If I post a reply to you about women and legislation and end it with "I hope you die a slow and painful death tonight" the thrust or intention of my post doesn't excuse the last line.

You cannot excuse the line I quoted, because you're guessing the "intention was X". If he merely wanted to comment on hysteria around legislative process then he needn't have added that line that trivialises upskirting, something the vast majority of people in this country find to be repugnant.

Either it reflects his true attitude to women, or it was added as a hysterical rider to the post to incite others. Either way, it's not a good look at all.