The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:07 pm

They all talk about millions like I talk about fifty pence's.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:07 pm
They all talk about millions like I talk about fifty pence's.
787, 50 pence's is a reasonable amount TD :-)

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:04 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:00 pm
So here we are again. Inflation still over 10% - higher than Germany, France, US, Japan...and our answer to supply side issues is going to be to raise interest rates again, which is already higher than most developed countries, to cool consumer demand which isn't causing the problem in the first place. Anyone in government got a clue what the fcuk they're doing?

Oh and whilst we're at it - Fox News £787m - nowhere near enough. Got off lightly.
Worthy you and I have been saying this for a year now. You’d think these people would have a clue but obviously they don’t.

Cool off demand that isn’t there to alleviate supply side choke…

The net result of all this of course is making the insane cost of living crisis even worse…I guess if they make us all poor enough the supply side won’t matter….

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:21 am

Next fight is the civic service btw. Pick a red meat fight and hope it's the 70s. Apparently public sector pay (way down in real terms since 08) is a factor in all...this.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:54 am

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:21 am
Next fight is the civic service btw. Pick a red meat fight and hope it's the 70s. Apparently public sector pay (way down in real terms since 08) is a factor in all...this.
Pick a fight against a sector of society. Show how unreasonable they're being, whilst everyone picks up the tab from COVID, Brexit, inflation, interest rates, corporate bail-outs paid for by tax payers and the like. I mean who doesn't want a pop, because they got 2% not 3% this year?

Meanwhile, on a planet not unadjacent to ours, Corporate profits reached 154,087,000,000 - look at all those noughts - in Jan 2023, which is all trickling down nicely as evidenced by pay decreasing in real terms (as you say Pru)...and people wonder where the magic money tree has gone to?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:58 am

God help us!
I think it's very important for us at every moment in time, and certainly this one, to see the moment in time in which we exist and are present, and to be able to contextualise it. To understand where we exist in the history and in the moment as it relates not only to the past but the future.'

Kamala Harris

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:16 am

What's the problem with that Hobes? No one on Parler/Telegram can read it, because of some big words?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2023 10:16 am
What's the problem with that Hobes? No one on Parler/Telegram can read it, because of some big words?
If that makes the slightest bit of sense to you, then you need help mate :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2023 7:38 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 12:25 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Doesn't make much sense, but why "God help us?"

I mean, it's a step up from "covefefe"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 7:38 am
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well, by a stroke of sheer misfortune, you might end up with someone more bonkers than Biden.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon May 01, 2023 10:15 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 9:57 am
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Well, by a stroke of sheer misfortune, you might end up with someone more bonkers than Biden.
They just had someone more bonkers than Biden...

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon May 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It might make more sense if we consider the context and the audience. It was said to a gathering of university academics, who understand longer words and philosophical concepts better than some. It was at Howard University which is black, and she stresses the importance of black people understanding their position in time and place. However, I can see why it would draw at WTF from the average Joe.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon May 01, 2023 8:58 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

It might make more sense if we consider the context and the audience. It was said to a gathering of university academics, who understand longer words and philosophical concepts better than some. It was at Howard University which is black, and she stresses the importance of black people understanding their position in time and place. However, I can see why it would draw at WTF from the average Joe.
Ouch…poor Hobes. :wink:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 02, 2023 12:10 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 8:58 pm
Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Mon May 01, 2023 5:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Hoboh wrote:
Worthy4England wrote:

Ouch…poor Hobes. :wink:
:D not really, folk who talk sh1t usually get sh1t and have a tendency to walk a dodgy path :lol:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 02, 2023 9:00 am

Yeah we've not seen any of them in high profile jobs recently, have we? I am struggling a bit on how often you bothered to come on here and call it out....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 02, 2023 9:25 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:00 am
Yeah we've not seen any of them in high profile jobs recently, have we? I am struggling a bit on how often you bothered to come on here and call it out....
My blood pressure is high enough thanks without debating the scum that hang out in Parliament pretending they care about us or have a clue what's going on, that's all sides BTW.

Any how if you are referring to the bullying business, frankly it's a set up, some flake didn't like being told what to, trotted off to the commie unions who then played it for all its worth. That's my opinion and just add Raab can step on a mineworkers me, that's what I think about him!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 02, 2023 10:37 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:25 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 9:00 am
My blood pressure is high enough thanks without debating the scum that hang out in Parliament pretending they care about us or have a clue what's going on, that's all sides BTW.

Any how if you are referring to the bullying business, frankly it's a set up, some flake didn't like being told what to, trotted off to the commie unions who then played it for all its worth. That's my opinion and just add Raab can step on a mineworkers me, that's what I think about him!
Wasn't anything in particular, mate, just that you seem to be a lot quicker at posting about say Labour/Democrats whilst not often heading inwards, to vent about Johnson, Braverman, Trump, MTG, Bobert etc. and some of their many stupidities...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue May 02, 2023 11:53 pm

Okay here we go, Johnson should be kicked out of both Parliament and the party for all the crapp he and the now PM have caused, Trump really is stupid in thinking some of his undoubted past misdemeanours won't catch up with him, I suspect the home office mandarins are frustrating the home secretary but she is more gob than action and the war in Ukraine does not seem to be affecting or costing anyone else as much as us.
This government is too busy looking for excuses for the mess we are sinking into, do I think Labour would be any better? No, the unions would expect beer and sandwiches at no10 again or we'd end up with a sunny Jim situation.
I am totally frustrated and fed up to the back teeth of all of them and wouldn't trust any of them to organise a pi** up in a brewery, that's why I hang fire a bit now. Politics has no place in the real world when it's financed by those with deep pockets they are quick to fill.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed May 03, 2023 12:27 am

Most of which, I see your point on. :-) (albeit beer and sandwiches in No 10 was probably 40+ years back :-) ) That said, I don't think any other party has much fcking sense either! We can't be far from the "sunlit uplands" surely? :-)

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri May 05, 2023 8:25 am

I see the Lib Dems did well in Bolton in the council elections, not. Independents almost hold double the number of seats they got.