The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:56 am

I think in more cases than not, it's the second one. But in the case of GenAI, there will certainly be (and already are) plenty of malicious actors...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 25, 2023 7:18 pm

Oh crap I just had a fright! Watching TV and an advert came on for Samsung and EE, the woman mooching about was a ringer for Rayner!!! Thought Halloween had gone?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:23 pm

I'll bet 'sunny' Sunak found time last night to watch Farage down those hideous drinks before he baulked as they went down without a whimper :D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:58 pm

You couldn't make it up. The same people who proposed a Brexit bill that was full of holes, are now arguing against another bill that's full of holes...Let's see who has the most spine...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:43 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:58 pm
You couldn't make it up. The same people who proposed a Brexit bill that was full of holes, are now arguing against another bill that's full of holes...Let's see who has the most spine...
Brexit had holes because of the idiots who could not except they lost the vote.
This Bill is full of holes because of the same people, Tory, Labour lite Mp's who are still horrified that we might just stick two fingers up at yet another of their beloved European institutions.
Yes Maybot, I aim this one straight between your eyes!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm

Missed the point much? How do the ERG recommend one bill full of holes, but not another because it's full of holes?

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm

Its not an EU institution. But then facts were never relevant were they :roll:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:26 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:14 pm
Errm point out where EU institution was mentioned :D it actually said European

The ERG had no option but to go with the flow, Maybot paid for it though. Johnson always was a half in half out chancer. Negotiations with the EU were a joke led in the main by the little Frog leg granny *******.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:40 pm

It's possibly the worst policy I've ever seen a government have. Even if it worked they're talking a hundred people. And it can't work. Dying grasp that some culture war nonsense can close a 20 point poll gap. They can't do anything.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:05 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:26 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Er..
This Bill is full of holes because of the same people, Tory, Labour lite Mp's who are still horrified that we might just stick two fingers up at yet another of their beloved European institutions.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 am

Just for fun, I tried imagining the monetary cost of Parliament, Westminster, it's ministers, MP's, maintenance, transport, salaries, travel etc, etc. I stopped before Ministry of Defence, Prisons Armed Forces and.....then there's the Law. Oh, no wonder I can't be exited about politics. What a shambles.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Dec 14, 2023 8:48 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:12 am
Just for fun, I tried imagining the monetary cost of Parliament, Westminster, it's ministers, MP's, maintenance, transport, salaries, travel etc, etc. I stopped before Ministry of Defence, Prisons Armed Forces and.....then there's the Law. Oh, no wonder I can't be exited about politics. What a shambles.
I think the last time someone submitted a FOI request and did all the maths, the answer was somewhere near £500,000,000 per annum.

It's pretty easy to get breakdowns of the departments etc.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... s-may-2023

Just remember to mentally add all the noughts so you can work out for each, whether it's 100's of millions or billions...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:29 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:05 am
Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:26 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Er..
Er..
Yes European, not EU institution :D

To be quite fair I would also like to see us along with other countries pull out of the stupid, outdated, biased UN as well, the world has changed and is changing rapidly you can not be bound by outdated institutions and survive.
Mustn't forget the China supporting WHO, responsible for delaying action on Covid with their dithering trying to protect human rights and movement of the above institutions.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:34 am

Poor Baroness Mone, just made off with the minor amount of £60m, which she can't possibly benefit from coz it's in a trust fund in her husband's name.

Aside from the fact many govt contracts are open book and don't allow that sort of profit margin, who do they think they're kidding here, whilst clamping down on the most vulnerable?

What a fcuking grifter.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:15 pm

And she's brought out a documentary, funded by the company she owns, to show how her life has been ruined by these 'disgusting allegations'

I just can't
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:16 pm

She'll be on I'm a Celebrity next year the despicable c*nt
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:08 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:16 pm
She'll be on I'm a Celebrity next year the despicable c*nt
And the systems, laws and organisations that allow these things to happen....? I foresee another French Revolution looming....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:23 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2023 2:15 pm
And she's brought out a documentary, funded by the company she owns, to show how her life has been ruined by these 'disgusting allegations'

I just can't
Bought out a documentary, from Spain near her new boat the Lady M, whilst £60m is in offshore trusts, which "everyone was doing." You get any interest on your £60m, mate? What could possibly be wrong with that?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:19 pm

Stinks, the whole thing stinks.
Politics in this country has I suspect been quietly corrupt for donkeys years, there are previous examples and this one, hopefully, will blow it wide open.
There should be huge penalties, including time, plenty of, inside for this, you, I or Joe blogs did it, we get jumped on.
Oh I notice, not for the first time within the Sphere of dark arts, a certain Mr Gove appears to be involved in some way or other.
I hope they throw the book at them.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:32 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:19 pm
Stinks, the whole thing stinks.
Politics in this country has I suspect been quietly corrupt for donkeys years, there are previous examples and this one, hopefully, will blow it wide open.
There should be huge penalties, including time, plenty of, inside for this, you, I or Joe blogs did it, we get jumped on.
Oh I notice, not for the first time within the Sphere of dark arts, a certain Mr Gove appears to be involved in some way or other.
I hope they throw the book at them.
Politics has always had a ‘bend my ear and I will give you a juicy consultancy role when you’re out of government’ sort of thing to it. Or a ‘in crowd’ favourable thing.

But never before have we seen governments literally just hand their mates contracts without due diligence and then just say ‘ah well we can’t recover the money’ and then pretend to be outraged once the stories reach public consumption inspite of spending years saying ‘nothing to see here’.

These lot are a different breed of disgraceful and the sooner we are rid of this government the better all round, that much is crystal clear. Regardless of what you think of the alternative it is light years better than this.